My 2014 predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I usually try to make 1 set of predictions each year and then live and die by that set, I also like doing it two weeks after the draft so it's had time to sink in, so here goes nothing (except me looking like an idiot, but that happens 90% of the time anyway)

1. The Rams have there first winning record since forever, but don't make the playoffs

I'm thinking 9-7

2. Bradford plays all 16 games and has a 100+ passer rating.

Poker-going-all-in.jpg

I'm going all in on Sam, I believe that now that we have an O line which won't get him killed, and what should be an elite run game he'll show what he's capable of and pick teams apart at will.

3. The West Virginia connection top 1,700 yards receiving.

I was going to go 1,000+ for Tavon and 700+ for Stedman but this gives me more room for failure :whistle:. I think these are the two best receivers on the team, Austin is a game changer and Stedman is going to be a rich man's Amendola. I think Austin is finally comfortable with the NFL and just as importantly Schottenheimer is comfortable with Austin, I see no reason Austin can't be our DeSean Jackson. Whilst Bailey should be in the dog house, he's still our second best receiver.

4. We will have a top 5 rushing game, both in terms of yards and yards per attempt. Stacy will top 1,000 yards.

With Saffold at OG last year we averaged 4.8 yards per attempt (3rd in the league), with Saffold and Robinson at OG I see no reason we'd do worse. If it wasn't for the shambles of an O line we played against the Seahawks Stacy would have had 1,000 yards in 12 games, the carries should be split more evenly with Mason and Cunningham, but I think 1,000 yards is on the conservative side.

5. We will break the post 2000 record for sacks.

We've got to improve by 13 sacks, but with Donald and Williams added it shouldn't be that hard right?

6. We will have a top 5 D.

We were 6th according to my made up rankings over the last 12 games, we return all 11 starters, we've added Donald and Joyner, we should be able to find a competent FS on the roster, oh and we've got a competent DC. Maybe top 5 is a conservative estimate.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great job R&G, but we're all in on Sam Bradford including Fisher & Snead. Shaun Hill is an upgrade over Kellen Clemens and Garrett Gilbert will be a nice three to offer some hope, but if Bradford cannot make it through the season alll King's Horses and all the King's Men will not be able to put Bradford back together again!

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
Heres my Predictions

Sam Bradford finishes the season as a top 10 Qb
rams finish the season 10-6
Stacy and Mason combine for 1700 yards rushing and 10 TDS
Tavon has 1500 all purpose yards 7 TDS
Quick has 40 catches 650 yards 4 TDS
Jenkins has 5 ints
Quinn has 20 sacks

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I usually try to make 1 set of predictions each year and then live and die by that set, I also like doing it two weeks after the draft so it's had time to sink in, so here goes nothing (except me looking like an idiot, but that happens 90% of the time anyway)

1. The Rams have there first winning record since forever, but don't make the playoffs

I'm thinking 9-7

Poker-going-all-in.jpg

I'm going all in on Sam, I believe that now that we have an O line which won't get him killed, and what should be an elite run game he'll show what he's capable of and pick teams apart at will.

I was going to go 1,000+ for Tavon and 700+ for Stedman but this gives me more room for failure :whistle:. I think these are the two best receivers on the team, Austin is a game changer and Stedman is going to be a rich man's Amendola. I think Austin is finally comfortable with the NFL and just as importantly Schottenheimer is comfortable with Austin, I see no reason Austin can't be our DeSean Jackson. Whilst Bailey should be in the dog house, he's still our second best receiver.

4. We will have a top 5 rushing game, both in terms of yards and yards per attempt. Stacy will top 1,000 yards.

With Saffold at OG last year we averaged 4.8 yards per attempt (3rd in the league), with Saffold and Robinson at OG I see no reason we'd do worse. If it wasn't for the shambles of an O line we played against the Seahawks Stacy would have had 1,000 yards in 12 games, the carries should be split more evenly with Mason and Cunningham, but I think 1,000 yards is on the conservative side.

We've got to improve by 13 sacks, but with Donald and Williams added it shouldn't be that hard right?

We were 6th according to my made up rankings over the last 12 games, we return all 11 starters, we've added Donald and Joyner, we should be able to find a competent FS on the roster, oh and we've got a competent DC. Maybe top 5 is a conservative estimate.
I would only disagree with you on one point, I think we will Win 10-11 games. The 8 games after the BYE Week is going to be Brutal, and Make or Break! IMHO. GO RAMS!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would only disagree with you on one point, I think we will Win 10-11 games. The 8 games after the BYE Week is going to be Brutal, and Make or Break! IMHO. GO RAMS!!

Would love to predict 10 wins, but I don't want to curse it :unsure:.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't beleive your far off.

I would put Bradford in the 99 ' with the passer rating.

1700 yds for Austin and Bailey is a lot to expect from a couple second year wr's. Not impossible, but tough.

Breaking the sack record without a high powered offense would be a great feat. Our defense in 99 and 2000 had the luxury of offenses have gone to give up on the run and throw the ball down field. The other team was usually playing from behind.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Heres my Predictions

Sam Bradford finishes the season as a top 10 Qb
rams finish the season 10-6
Stacy and Mason combine for 1700 yards rushing and 10 TDS
Tavon has 1500 all purpose yards 7 TDS
Quick has 40 catches 650 yards 4 TDS
Jenkins has 5 ints
Quinn has 20 sacks

That's a playoff team by definition

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't beleive your far off.

I would put Bradford in the 99 ' with the passer rating.

1700 yds for Austin and Bailey is a lot to expect from a couple second year wr's. Not impossible, but tough.

Breaking the sack record without a high powered offense would be a great feat. Our defense in 99 and 2000 had the luxury of offenses have gone to give up on the run and throw the ball down field. The other team was usually playing from behind.

The average for a second year top 10 pick is 814 yards, with 7 of 20 topping 1,000. Stedman if he plays 12 games next season like the last 5 of last should have 470 yards, that's on a team which would have been last in passing yards by 200 yards, 1,700 is going to require both to step up but I'd rather but faith in those two than Britt/Quick/Givens.

SierraRam

Recreational User

I'm thinking 9-7

Poker-going-all-in.jpg

Love It! - I'm in too, however; Sam 100 passer rating + Top 5 D + Top 5 rushing game = playoffs (minimum)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The average for a second year top 10 pick is 814 yards, with 7 of 20 topping 1,000. Stedman if he plays 12 games next season like the last 5 of last should have 470 yards, that's on a team which would have been last in passing yards by 200 yards, 1,700 is going to require both to step up but I'd rather but faith in those two than Britt/Quick/Givens.

I think Austin could get close to 1000.
Yeah, Bailey will have a tough time getting the other 700-800 yds in 12 games.

Memphis Ram

Legend

I'm thinking 9-7

Poker-going-all-in.jpg

IMO, if all that happens, the team would have to lead the league in penalties AND have the worst turnover differential in the league to only go 9-7.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's an even numbered year.

In even numbered years, Sam plays all 16 games. ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What really matters is that defense. If they live up to expectations it will remove a lot of pressure from the offense where they can dictate the run and Sam will benefit greatly. Also the offense will see more possessions and better field position. The one thing I am certain of is your number 6, that the Rams will have a top five, elite defense.

Everything will spin off of that, IMO.