My 2014 Plan for rams with draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
Rams let Rodger Saffold walk, Barksdale just as good and we have him cheap for one more year.
Will Witherspoon walks.
Darian Stewart walks as well.
Resign
Matt Giordano -one year 1 mill. nice backup to have around
Jo-Lonn Dunbar-2 year 4.5 mill
Try and rework Bradford deal to save a few bucks
Rework Cortland Finnegan deal love to have the rams cut him but this is Fishers boy
and will be the rams 3rd Cb in 2014.
Rams keep Wells and Dahl for one more year
Same with Langford 3 man DT beast
Free agents
Major Wright-5 year 28 mill
Only 26 and last 3 year stat line looks like this.
58-3 ints
71-4 ints with a Td one force FF
2013-61-2 ints a Td with 2FF
Trade Austin Pettis to Pats nice Wr to work well with Brady
rams get a 5th but can be a 4th in 2015 if Pettis gets over 600 yards
Rams pick 5th and 10.
1. Sammy Watkins*, WR, Clemson
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Watkins dominated Maryland with 14 receptions for 163 yards. A week earlier, he caught eight passes for 68 yards and a touchdown against Florida State. The junior played better than the numbers indicate.
Watkins has looked like the 2011 version of himself since this season's opener against Georgia, maintaining a high level of play. Versus the Bulldogs, he caught a 15-yard bullet from Tajh Boyd, then shed a tackle and exploded down the field. None of Georgia's defenders could catch Watkins as he sprinted for a 75-yard score. That has set the tone for the Watkins this year. He has 58 receptions for 813 yards and five touchdowns in 2013.
8/3/13: 2012 was a disappointing year for Watkins. He had a drug arrest in May of that year that landed him a two-game suspension to start last season. The sophomore was unable to reestablish his place in the offense after his return as DeAndre Hopkins emerged as Clemson's No. 1 receiver. Watkins caught 57 passes for 708 yards and three touchdowns. On the other hand, Watkins had a fantastic freshman season. The speedster totaled 82 receptions for 1,219 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also ran the ball 32 times for 231 yards. On special teams, the versatile receiver averaged 25 yards per kick return with one score.
Watkins is a threat to score on any touch and has rare first-step quickness. He looks like a potential game-breaking receiver for the NFL. With Hopkins in the NFL, Watkins should be the No. 1 receiver again and has the luxury of a great college quarterback, Tajh Boyd. As long as Watkins stays healthy, he should produce a massive season. Some scouts have told WalterFootball.com that they prefer Watkins over Lee entering the season. If Watkins stays clean off the field, he still should be a first-round pick.
Rams trade pick move back 3 to 5 spots and pick up a 3rd.
Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Height: 6-6. Weight: 311.
Projected 40 Time: 5.37
Thus far in 2013, Hageman has 23 tackles, 6.5 tackles for a loss and one sack. The senior has seen his share of double-teams this season, but he needs to be come more consistent. There are times where Hageman looks unblockable with power and explosion.
8/10/13: Hageman had an impressive 2012 season and was one of the better interior defensive linemen in the Big Ten. The junior totaled 35 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss, two passes broken up, one forced fumble and six sacks. He had 13 tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble in 2011.
Hageman was backup early in his career after switching to defensive tackle from tight end. If the senior can build on his breakout 2012 season, he could rise up the rankings
2.James Hurst, OT, North Carolina
Height: 6-7. Weight: 310.
10/12/13: Hurst answered doubters with a solid performance against Jadeveon Clowney in the season opener. Hurst won their one-on-ones and kept Clowney from getting to the quarterback. Hurst has done a good job against speed-rushers this season and looks like a technician as a pass-protector. However, he was beaten for a sack on a speed rush by Georgia Tech's Jeremiah Attaochu. Overall though, Hurst has been good in pass protection. Still, he could use more power for moving defenders at the point of attack.
8/9/13: Hurst is a sleeper prospect who could rise up the rankings. He has great length to go along with good athleticism. Hurst enters his senior season having been a 3-year starter for North Carolina.
Hurst had a strong 2012 campaign protecting the blind side of Bryn Renner. Star guard Jonathan Cooper formed an excellent left side of the line with Hurst. Cooper has said that Hurst helped him to a lot of his collegiate success. Hurst is said to be extremely intelligent. He always knows what to do and where to be, and directs his teammates accordingly. Hurst was a strong run-blocker for Giovani Bernard last year.
The senior has the opportunity to make an immediate statement this season and electrify his draft stock. North Carolina's 2013 season opener is South Carolina, which will match up Hurst against phenom defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. If Hurst plays well against Clowney, the Tar Heel could help make the case to be a first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. It will be all downhill for Hurst after he gets by Clowney.
3.Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 211.
Murray has been inconsistent at times, but he has played with a patchwork supporting cast as injuries have ravaged the Bulldogs. The senior had a huge performance against LSU with 20-of-34 for 298 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. He also played well to lead Georgia over South Carolina.
On the road versus Clemson to open 2013, Murray had some rough moments in a loss to the Tigers. He also struggled in a loss to Missouri. Murray has completed 62 percent of his passes this year for 1,938 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions.
8/3/13: Murray completed 64.5 percent of his passes for 3,893 yards with 36 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 2012. The junior also ran for three touchdowns. He dominated weak opponents but struggled against Florida, South Carolina and to a lesser extent, Alabama. In order for the senior to be a first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, he has to play better against elite competition and good defenses.
Murray emerged as one of the better quarterbacks in college football in 2011. The sophomore completed 59 percent of his passes for 3,149 yards with 35 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He ran for a couple of touchdowns as well.
Murray threw for 3,049 yards while completing 61 percent of his passes with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions as a freshman. He also ran for 167 yards and four scores.
The big knock on Murray is his height. That causes some to wonder if will translate into the NFL. At the same time, Murray has a quality arm and flashes the ability to be a good game manager. Everybody can expect to hear a lot of Drew Brees citations in arguments for Murray.
3.Zack Martin, G/OT, Notre Dame
Height: 6-4. Weight: 308
10/12/13: The Fighting Irish have gotten good play out of Martin. He has been very good in pass protection with an impressive ability to adjust against blitzers off the edge. Martin has done well in the ground game as well. He could be this year's Justin Pugh.
8/9/13: Martin improved as the 2012 season progressed. The junior did a good job of contributing to a sound running offense. Martin's pass protection got better and he was much improved over 2011. Martin and Notre Dame struggled in pass protection against Stanford last year and were less than impressive against Alabama.
Martin will see some quality opponents this year, but if the senior plays well, he could give NFL teams reason to believe that he could stay at tackle as a pro. Martin probably has short arms for his size. If he struggles on the edge, he could be better off playing guard in a zone-blocking system in the NFL. He also could get consideration at right tackle. It would help him to add more strength for the next level.
Even though the Fighting Irish had a low sacks-allowed total in 2011, Martin, the team's left tackle, was inconsistent. The sophomore had stretches where he was bein beaten and allowing too much pressure on his quarterback.
4. Jake Ryan*, OLB, Michigan
Height: 6-3. Weight: 241
10/19/13: Ryan made his return to the field in amazingly quick fashion. In a limited role against Penn State, he had three tackles and a tackle for a loss.
8/14/13: Ryan tore his ACL in spring practice, but the Wolverines are hopeful that he can return to the field in mid-October. Ryan was their best defensive player last year, so it is understandable that they want him back. That is only a recovery time of seven months, so Michigan may be overly optimistic. Ryan led the team in tackles with 88 in 2012. The sophomore also had 16 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes batted and four forced fumbles in a sensational season.
Ryan recorded 37 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss, three sacks and one forced fumble in 2011. He is a pure football player with toughness, intelligence and good instincts.
Raijun Neal, RB, Tennessee
Height: 5-11. Weight: 212
Neal has played well for Tennessee in 2013. He has carried the offense, including a huge game against Georgia (28-148). Neal has averaged 5.3 yards per carry for 763 yards with nine touchdowns on the ground. He has 17 receptions for 76 yards as a receiver as well. Neal is a physical runner with some quickness.
Neal ran for 741 yards last year with an average of 4.5 yards per carry with five scores. He caught 19 passes for 149 yards and four touchdowns. Personal: Majoring in sociology. Son of Kovondria and Ant Neal.
6.Jalston Fowler*, FB, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 242.
11/2/13 Fowler has flashed at times in 2013, but looked rusty in the early going following last year's knee injury. He has played better as the season has progressed. Fowler has run for 88 yards on 19 carries in 2013.
8/3/13: Fowler hurt his knee against Western Kentucky in Alabama's second game of 2012. The injury required surgery and took him out for the year.
The junior was an absolute force as a lead blocker for Eddie Lacy and T.J. Yeldon in the 2012 season opener against Michigan. Fowler also carried the ball eight times for 67 yards versus the Wolverines. He had 56 carries for 385 yards and four touchdowns in 2011 as a sophomore.
Fowler looks like a starting fullback in the NFL and a special teams contributor

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not bad, would like to of seen a CB in round 1 instead of a WR though. And not sold on Murrey, but i don;t mind that pick. I could live with this if it happened :)

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nice draft. Would like to see a true TE somewhere in there (in the mold of Jason Whitten as I'm not sold on Kendricks or Cook as anything more than role type players). Not sure about OLB in the fourth given his injury history. Also, I'm not sure we can let Saffold go so easily; he's not a LT but he can at least play in this league (when healthy). Not a of guys can do that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd like our developmental QB north of 6' 1". 6' 3" or higher please.

Yeah, yeah... Russell Wilson, Drew Brees....

But they are pretty lone exceptions to the rule. Take away Wilson's legs and I'd only consider Brees as good enough.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Great post! Nice work.

I'd like an OG earlier 2nd round. I really like your first round picks.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I like everything about your post. Except Finny gots to be cut right after SB then you can have another shopping spree!

jjab360

Legend
I'd like our developmental QB north of 6' 1". 6' 3" or higher please.

Yeah, yeah... Russell Wilson, Drew Brees....

But they are pretty lone exceptions to the rule. Take away Wilson's legs and I'd only consider Brees as good enough.
I disagree, CGI, you can't limit yourself like that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I disagree, CGI, you can't limit yourself like that.
Sometimes you have to though, jibjab. I'm calling you jibjab because that's all I hear when I read your screen name.
Just so you know.

In the secondary, if you want to play press, you can't just take any corner. You have to get a specific *kind.* Same with 3-4 defensive lines, same with 3-4/4-3 linebackers, same with ZBS O-linemen, etc. And then you have coordinators (like McDaniels) who prefer taller receivers over smaller, more athletic receivers. Other coordinators want a bruiser back in lieu of a scat back. Quarterbacks, I'll agree (to an extent) that you shouldn't limit your options based on height, but all things being equal, most teams would prefer one that can see over the line unimpeded.

jjab360

Legend
Sometimes you have to though, jibjab. I'm calling you jibjab because that's all I hear when I read your screen name.
Just so you know.

In the secondary, if you want to play press, you can't just take any corner. You have to get a specific *kind.* Same with 3-4 defensive lines, same with 3-4/4-3 linebackers, same with ZBS O-linemen, etc. And then you have coordinators (like McDaniels) who prefer taller receivers over smaller, more athletic receivers. Other coordinators want a bruiser back in lieu of a scat back. Quarterbacks, I'll agree (to an extent) that you shouldn't limit your options based on height, but all things being equal, most teams would prefer one that can see over the line unimpeded.
Jibjab lol.

But yeah, I agree that certain schemes require certain types of players to an extent. Sometimes you'll come across a small O-lineman who's ridiculously strong for his size or a 330 lb. DT that's quicker and faster than most smaller DTs. In those cases, putting limits on measurables can hold you back from getting the player who actually fits your scheme the best.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jibjab lol.

But yeah, I agree that certain schemes require certain types of players to an extent. Sometimes you'll come across a small O-lineman who's ridiculously strong for his size or a 330 lb. DT that's quicker and faster than most smaller DTs. In those cases, putting limits on measurables can hold you back from getting the player who actually fits your scheme the best.
Yeah, I don't disagree with that, jibjab.