My 2 cents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The Identity of the team is young and with young comes growing pains.

Yea we got rolled hard by the Cowboys we did their is no way around it. BUT sometimes getting rolled is the best thing to happen to youth. They now know the feeling and they know they don't wanna experience that again. After all the off-season talk about how great these YOUNG players heard now they know the have to do better their shit does stink and will get the ball rolling in the right direction.

That being said to those of you with playoff expectations as I've said before expect to be pissed off come playoff time. I don't care what anyone says there is a learning curve from college to NFL especially when drafting players like quick Austin and Bailey who didn't even have play books in college. I've said it before and I'll say it again this is a young team and the coach's are bringing them on board it seems incrementally to better their understanding of ALL aspects of the game so we can go on after this season and know we have a team. Something this organization hasn't had in a very long time so Fisher basically has to instill all core aspects that previous coach's overlooked. Weather it be people he's brought in from other teams or from college.

I say this year will be an 8 or 9 win year but starting next year we will see this team rise from the haze it has been in and we will start seeing some of that as this year moves forward.

I honestly think some have just set the expectation bar to far for this year and are now crashing back down to reality and don't like what they see when the rose colored glasses fell off.

Now with all that said I will be ignoring any comments to this thread that include the words homer as well as anyone who comes in to just point fingers in anger to players or coach's this game was what it was Yea it sucked guess what even the patriots lay a turd every now and then. So if anyone would like to discuss the learning curve of this team I am for it but let's please take this loss for what it was an inexperienced skill position Team losing to a veteran team. I uses team because it takes on to win and it takes one to lose so pointing fingers at individuals does no good long can't do it all and neither can the coach's. None of us are on the sidelines to know where the miscommunication or what not is coming from but the team as a whole had the issues up and down the board so it was a team ass whoopin OK sorry rant done.

wolfman84

Rookie
No sense pointing fingers because you’d run out of them. That was one big, ugly turd we left in Cowboy Stadium but staring at it and dissecting it won’t make it smell any better. Just like the London stinker didn’t define last season, this one won’t define this year. On to the 49‘ers. We redeem ourselves thursday night. Let’s hope this team is pissed off enough to rip their hearts out.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Rabid Ram said:

Yea we got rolled hard by the Cowboys we did their is no way around it. BUT sometimes getting rolled is the best thing to happen to youth. They now know the feeling and they know they don't wanna experience that again. After all the off-season talk about how great these YOUNG players heard now they know the have to do better their shit does stink and will get the ball rolling in the right direction.

That being said to those of you with playoff expectations as I've said before expect to be pissed off come playoff time. I don't care what anyone says there is a learning curve from college to NFL especially when drafting players like quick Austin and Bailey who didn't even have play books in college. I've said it before and I'll say it again this is a young team and the coach's are bringing them on board it seems incrementally to better their understanding of ALL aspects of the game so we can go on after this season and know we have a team. Something this organization hasn't had in a very long time so Fisher basically has to instill all core aspects that previous coach's overlooked. Weather it be people he's brought in from other teams or from college.

I say this year will be an 8 or 9 win year but starting next year we will see this team rise from the haze it has been in and we will start seeing some of that as this year moves forward.

I honestly think some have just set the expectation bar to far for this year and are now crashing back down to reality and don't like what they see when the rose colored glasses fell off.

Now with all that said I will be ignoring any comments to this thread that include the words homer as well as anyone who comes in to just point fingers in anger to players or coach's this game was what it was Yea it sucked guess what even the patriots lay a turd every now and then. So if anyone would like to discuss the learning curve of this team I am for it but let's please take this loss for what it was an inexperienced skill position Team losing to a veteran team. I uses team because it takes on to win and it takes one to lose so pointing fingers at individuals does no good long can't do it all and neither can the coach's. None of us are on the sidelines to know where the miscommunication or what not is coming from but the team as a whole had the issues up and down the board so it was a team ass whoopin OK sorry rant done.

SO far two veteran teams have rectified the problems that caused them to lose the week before and used us to do it, time for US to rectify some problems and use San Fran to do it.

Most of all I'd like them to know ,it's OK to tackle Demarco Murray,averaging 200 yards a game against us.

Fisher needs to kick some asses this week and OBTW the NFC West's reign as the "best division in football" is over.
I can honestly say this team does NOT look as good as last years,Fisher has WORK to do.

One more point don't tell me Luck would not be an upgrade

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Won't even consider it Luck was takin 1st overall and wasn't an option to us so in my mind that's just a big what if.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rabid Ram said:

When a team finishes like they did last year, offseason signings and draft picks that are highly praised, the expectations should be high and the bar should be raised.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Angry Ram said:
Rabid Ram said:

When a team finishes like they did last year, offseason signings and draft picks that are highly praised, the expectations should be high and the bar should be raised.
Yep.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Agreed but still stand by raised to far

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Both I have seen people expect the playoffs as well as expecting rookies to play lights out and be big time difference makers for this team year one. Yea Austin dropped some balls he's a rookie it happens.

We have ALOT of first and second year players on this team people need to understand they won't be perfect and will make mistakes.

Not trying to call anyone out here but an example would be post like "Austin drops balls and quick just sucks" that's it no rational to back it up just attacking

nighttrain

Legend
wolfman84 said:
No sense pointing fingers because you’d run out of them. That was one big, ugly turd we left in Cowboy Stadium but staring at it and dissecting it won’t make it smell any better. Just like the London stinker didn’t define last season, this one won’t define this year. On to the 49‘ers. We redeem ourselves thursday night. Let’s hope this team is pissed off enough to rip their hearts out.
if this team has the heart i hope it has, there should be some very angry guys wearing the HORNS on Thursday night.
:amped:
train

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
That turd we left in Jerry's playpen will be stinking for a long time to come. We will remember leaving it. We have hit rock bottom so there is nowhere to go but up. :grr:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Rams are what they are. A young, dumb team. Too many penalties, to many botched assignments. I honestly question Sams ceiling at this point. I think he may be up against it. I would be stunned if the rams win 7 games this season. Stunned.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
The Rams are what they are. A young, dumb team. Too many penalties, to many botched assignments. I honestly question Sams ceiling at this point. I think he may be up against it. I would be stunned if the rams win 7 games this season. Stunned.
I'm not disqualifying your opinion, but give me some examples. Specific examples of why Sam (who didn't have his best game) has now plateaued in your opinion, and why he can no longer get any better. Does that also hold true for the good games he's had? He won't have any better days than those either? Is there a correlation, or a cause-and-effect theory that has any validity that I can offer you?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
It's been said before and it bears repeating, you have to have a running game to keep teams from teeing off on your QB. That's where we have to get better! It looked like the running of the bulls at Sam yesterday!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Not that it's an exact comparison, but the Giants won the superbowl at 9-7 in 2011/2012. That year they started off
2-2. Their defense was 27th and they gave up 25 per game. Eli's stats were average 26TD 15INT.

Only point I'm trying to make is you can't call a season 3 games in. You never know. We win against SF this week and anything is possible. This team needs time to grow up and gel together. Almost all experts said we would struggle early until the team started to "get it". I don't think we expected yesterdays fiasco but as many have said, maybe a nice big kick in the ass is exactly what we needed.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
bwdenverram said:
Not that it's an exact comparison, but the Giants won the superbowl at 9-7 in 2011/2012. That year they started off
2-2. Their defense was 27th and they gave up 25 per game. Eli's stats were average 26TD 15INT.

Only point I'm trying to make is you can't call a season 3 games in. You never know. We win against SF this week and anything is possible. This team needs time to grow up and gel together. Almost all experts said we would struggle early until the team started to "get it". I don't think we expected yesterdays fiasco but as many have said, maybe a nice big kick in the ass is exactly what we needed.

Those Giants started off 3-1 and had a 4 game losing streak in the middle of the season.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Angry Ram said:
bwdenverram said:

Those Giants started off 3-1 and had a 4 game losing streak in the middle of the season.

You're right, was looking at the 2012 schedule.

Either way, they have been pretty inconsistent in general and proof anything can happen during the season.
It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Just trying to get some positive vibe back around here.

Maybe this is a better stat- Arizona started 4-0 last year. Everyone was on their jock. Well, we beat them and they won ONE game the rest of the year.

Too early for any projections.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rabid Ram said:
Yes..... we are young but on offensive side yesterday the unit that Failed more often was the unit that has the greater NFL experience. This unit has two ex all pro's. The Rams fielded & played only 6 OL'ers yesterday. Those six OL'ers have 42 yrs of NFL seasons under their belts. That Rams OL... averages 7 yrs of NFL experience. Not so sure that more games will result in growth. Will more OL game experience cure the problem?

The rest of the starting offensive players average over 3 yrs of NFL experience. That is below average in the NFL. But that OL average really concerns me here. No run blocking ability has been displayed in pre seaon or the last three games.

The defense has two rookies & four second yr players starting. IMO all six of them held up much better than the rest of the defensive starters yesterday. Quinn was an example of Dr. Heckle & Mr. Hyde you get real good & real awful play...Long & JL were erased. Long time vets Spoon & Finnegan were simple liabilities all day. Not sure what to make of that...youth on the defensive side seemed to do better ....Am I blind or just plain nuts?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:
Faceplant said:
I'm not disqualifying your opinion, but give me some examples. Specific examples of why Sam (who didn't have his best game) has now plateaued in your opinion, and why he can no longer get any better. Does that also hold true for the good games he's had? He won't have any better days than those either? Is there a correlation, or a cause-and-effect theory that has any validity that I can offer you?

I guess it is just a feeling I get, or don't get when I watch him play. I think he has all the tools, and can make all the throws, but I just don't see the consistency. Granted, he was being chased all over Jurryville yesterday, but I also saw him step out of a clean pocket INTO a sack at one point. Still think his short passes come out WAY too hot. Still think he checks down too often, even when he has time. I very rarely see him look off his first receiver.....unless it is to check off to the underneath route. All in all, I am just not thrilled with him. Not saying he sucks or anything, but I personally wonder if he has any more in him than what we have seen. Its not a small sample size either, this is year 4. I am not sure I can qualify it for myself, but I just don't see him ever being a top 10 QB. That would be fine if the rest of the team was good enough to win. Sadly, they are not.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Colts sure turned their fortunes around quickly, eh? :idk:

I'm not willing to give the Rams the excuse that "we're another year away" or "we're one of the youngest teams". BS!

Teams rebound quicker in today's NFL. Our expectations should be to be winning football games THIS year!