My 2 cents headed toward the draft...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wonderboy

Rookie
Don't know why, call it a hunch, (i.e. Means nothing) but I don't see the Rams taking a WR high in round 1 two years in a row. Unless they're not sold on Pettis (who they were saying was the #1 in last years training camp) and think they can do a lot more without him. They're definitely not giving up in any of their four guys from the last two years. Maybe I'm way off base.... But I think we could use a couple of premium draft picks in the secondary!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Don't know why, call it a hunch, (i.e. Means nothing) but I don't see the Rams taking a WR high in round 1 two years in a row. Unless they're not sold on Pettis (who they were saying was the #1 in last years training camp) and think they can do a lot more without him. They're definitely not giving up in any of their four guys from the last two years. Maybe I'm way off base.... But I think we could use a couple of premium draft picks in the secondary!
Pettis I think would get a shot a job for a job, but I don't think anyone sees him as a #1 type. As well, Tavon is very talented, but he's really not a #1 either. He's just very good at what he does.

I agree the secondary needs help (my typical #13 pick is Clinton-Dix) but is there anyone in the secondary worth taking with that first pick, whether it's #2 or a little lower?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm excited about Watkins, because I love playmakers early in the draft... But I think we are trading down with a focus on other areas.

Pettis isn't a factor in the selection. He's a depth WR right now on this team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's easy for me to develop a draft crush on guys like Sammy even though my head tells me that we need more blue chip talent on the O-line and in the secondary. I hate the time leading up to the draft. I know a lot of you guys get into this pre-draft stuff. It's cool and I enjoy reading most of it. I just want the damn draft to hurry up and get here.

Wonderboy

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm excited about Watkins, because I love playmakers early in the draft... But I think we are trading down with a focus on other areas.

Pettis isn't a factor in the selection. He's a depth WR right now on this team.

Yea I agree with you on Pettis. I didn't mean that they'd rather have him than Watkins. And I certainly don't view him as a #1 either. I just remember all of the talk out of last year's mini camps and training camp about how good he looked. But I just think that this regime has a long term view of strengthening ALL parts of the team and strengthening the offensive line (which might lose some guys and might not start the year with Long) and secondary are a higher priority than another wide receiver, even if he is a really good one.

PhxRam

Yea I agree with you on Pettis. I didn't mean that they'd rather have him than Watkins. And I certainly don't view him as a #1 either. I just remember all of the talk out of last year's mini camps and training camp about how good he looked. But I just think that this regime has a long term view of strengthening ALL parts of the team and strengthening the offensive line (which might lose some guys and might not start the year with Long) and secondary are a higher priority than another wide receiver, even if he is a really good one.

you need to come around more often.. :whistle:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It's easy for me to develop a draft crush on guys like Sammy even though my head tells me that we need more blue chip talent on the O-line and in the secondary. I hate the time leading up to the draft. I know a lot of you guys get into this pre-draft stuff. It's cool and I enjoy reading most of it. I just want the damn draft to hurry up and get here.

We can still get them and Sammy. We can trade the #13 pick.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Trade down multiple times and get the best CB and S in the first round. Use the multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks (acquired by trading down) and fill the holes at OG, LB, OT, DT

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Trade down multiple times and get the best CB and S in the first round. Use the multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks (acquired by trading down) and fill the holes at OG, LB, OT, DT

That's what I can't help doing over and over again with websites like First-Pick. It just seems so doable and smart but what do I know? I don't have the high score on that site.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The real question is does a team need a real 1 to succeed?
Seattle would say no.

I think it depends on the offense we're going to run. If we are going to throw the ball out of 11 personnel, like we tried to do the first 5 games, than yeah we need a #1. However, that assumes that we have the QB in place to do so.

If we're going to be a run first offense, like Seattle, then no we don't need a #1.