My 1001st Post

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Well here I am Rams brothers with my 1001st post.

I'd like to start off by saying that I love the site and hope that it continues on and prospers for a long long time. I wish everyone well most importantly the Rams starting in 2014.

Now on with the post.

I think the biggest need for the Rams this off-season is to strengthen the offensive line. That being said there are two main choices that come to mind obviously Robinson and Matthews. I think your choice between these two come to a difference ready to play right now versus higher ceiling. IMHO I think we need the player most ready to plug-in and play well right now and that is Matthews. I believe we are at a point where the Rams need to start producing. Matthews gives us the best opportunity to produce an wind now, that's why he's my preference. I like the Rams to get one of the top two selections here, but if not I think someone like Lewellen could also work.

The next biggest need for me is having a play-maker offense. Obviously the best player for that is Watkins. Having said that I'm not sure he will be available when the Rams pick. While he's my first selection, he's not the only play-maker and or wide receiver in this draft. So while my preferences Watkins, there are other selections that could do well for the Rams when you balance their other needs.

My point here is that the Rams have some pressing needs and depending upon your point of view it is either offensive line or play-maker on offense. Either way probably the best way to service those needs and other areas is to trade down. I will leave the mechanics of that to Fisher and Sneed, they seem so far to be pretty good at that. I mean after all if I were that good I'd be running a team right?

Finally, I'm pretty good with them not spending much in free agency. That's not how you build a team for the long-haul and having been through A pretty long already I can wait a little bit longer for team that can sustain winning.

Go Rams!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Congrats!

I enjoyed your write up.

When I watched the Rams OL last year, I didn't like how they either got little push or worse up the middle. I don't think Mathews helps us much, there. Robinson is my guy after a trade down. Many compare him to Ogden who started at OG as a rookie, I like Robinson to follow that blue print.

As for PM's, I'd like to go defense. Calvin Pryor is one of my favorite defensive players in this draft. He looks to lay the wood on every play and can ball hawk, too. Our defense is nasty and he's a nasty player. He fits the mold. McD also lays the wood so that would be an incredible tandem.

Second round I think a CB and LB should be our targets. We can go OG in the third.

We would have the best team in over a decade.

Alan

Legend
Congrats Rambitious1. There will never be a Rambitious2!
When I make a new batch of fruitcakes I'll send you one in a sealed package as your reward. You can easily re-post it to one of your ahem...friends. :cautious: :censored:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Congrats Rambitious1. There will never be a Rambitious2!
When I make a new batch of fruitcakes I'll send you one in a sealed package as your reward. You can easily re-post it to one of your ahem...friends. :cautious: :censored:

I want a cupcake... :(

Alan

Legend
Sorry, used the last one practicing with my trebuchet this morning.
images

It probably survived the experience but it's in my psychotic neighbors yard so...