Must Hear: Demoff Interview-Talks FA, Draft, JLong, & Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams COO Kevin Demoff appeared on the Drive Home on CBS Radio 920. Demoff says the Rams are still saving money for re-signing their own young players over the next few years. They were never interested in Verner- agent put that out. Snead has a different scenario for drafting or trading back at the top of the draft every day…they have a lot of strategies. There are a lot of ways to build a team. Jake Long has started running on track to play, hoping to be ready to play Week 1. Long being ready for Week 1 or 2 won’t affect draft or free agency plans. They count on him being the starting LT for 2014. On Bradford: “We’d be happy to talk extension with Sam Bradford”. His rehab is going great, we fully expect him to be under center to start the year.

Listent to Demoff Interview

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really hope the talk about long being ready is not a scott wells debacle again and he's actually on track

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

will this interview end the constant whining by st louis journos about the rams not signing verner?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good listen. Thanks for posting.
Lol @ the Manziel table full of drunks at the arm chair GM party. 15:00 mark

Rams COO Kevin Demoff appeared on the Drive Home on CBS Radio 920. Demoff says the Rams are still saving money for re-signing their own young players over the next few years.

The best way to build a team.

They were never interested in Verner- agent put that out.

If Demoff wasn't so damn honest I'd argue that this could just be them trying to save face.

Snead has a different scenario for drafting or trading back at the top of the draft every day…they have a lot of strategies.

Can have as many plans as you want, but as Alan misquoted the other day "The best laid plans of mice and men."

Jake Long has started running on track to play, hoping to be ready to play Week 1. Long being ready for Week 1 or 2 won’t affect draft or free agency plans. They count on him being the starting LT for 2014.

That's good to know, I hope Long is the starter in 2014, but hoping and counting on it are worlds apart.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So Long ready to start week 1 I hope means he has gotten time in camp to get ready and be in football shape I'd rather not see him miss all of camp and preseason and then try to go balls out come week 1. Sounds like a great opportunity to get hurt again.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Demoff says the Rams are still saving money for re-signing their own young players over the next few years.

Here's a list of a few of my top resigns for 2015 Ram FA's

Robert Quinn DE UFA STL 23 $3,002,390
Lance Kendricks TE UFA STL 26 $1,344,614
Joe Barksdale RT UFA STL 25 $645,000
Johnny Hekker P RFA STL 24 $573,333
Matt Conrath DT RFA SD 24 $572,000
Rodney McLeod S RFA STL 23 $571,333
Tim Barnes C RFA STL 25 $570,000
Cory Harkey TE ERFA STL TBD 23 $570,000

My understanding they are already working on Quinn and his option. Looks like Barksdale & Kendricks would next in priority.

Last edited:

RamsFan14

Starter
So Long ready to start week 1 I hope means he has gotten time in camp to get ready and be in football shape I'd rather not see him miss all of camp and preseason and then try to go balls out come week 1. Sounds like a great opportunity to get hurt again.

Might not be a bad way to keep his body from wearing out so he'll last the season. Maybe work him hard in drills weeks before the season starts, maybe get some playing time for the last preseason game so he does have something under his belt, then just let him play. Rather then just making him work in training camp and wearing out his 29 year old body, might not be a bad thing to preserve the physical punishment tell the last 2ish weeks before the regular season starts.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here's a list of a few of my top resigns for 2015 Ram FA's

Robert Quinn DE UFA STL 23 $3,002,390
Lance Kendricks TE UFA STL 26 $1,344,614
Joe Barksdale RT UFA STL 25 $645,000
Johnny Hekker P RFA STL 24 $573,333
Matt Conrath DT RFA SD 24 $572,000
Rodney McLeod S RFA STL 23 $571,333
Tim Barnes C RFA STL 25 $570,000
Cory Harkey TE ERFA STL TBD 23 $570,000

My understanding they are already working on Quinn and his option. Looks like Barksdale & Kendricks would next in priority.

The top 4 seem heavy priorities.

Just coming back to this

They were never interested in Verner

I wonder why not? Was it just Verner they weren't interested in or none of the FA CBs? Do they view CB as a spot more easily filled with a high draft pick, or do they like what they already have in Jenkins, Johnson and McGee?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they will not let bradford and quinn hit the market at the same time. once sam has a great year this season they will extend him for 5 or 6 seasons. although if quinn plays lights out again it would be a dog act to take up his rookie option seeing as he deserves to get paid like a top 3 de in the league. i don't see this rams screwing their best player like that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

they will not let bradford and quinn hit the market at the same time. once sam has a great year this season they will extend him for 5 or 6 seasons. although if quinn plays lights out again it would be a dog act to take up his rookie option seeing as he deserves to get paid like a top 3 de in the league. i don't see this rams screwing their best player like that.

Actually if we void the option and sign him that year for big money then he might be somewhat reasonable. Now, by "somewhat reasonable" I mean around 12 million a season. That's his worth right now.