Musician Prince dead at 57

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great.... I bet that graveyard / high school year book for old people, I mean Facebook is blowing up with this news

Not broken up about this at all - never a fan
I mean have you guys seem Graffiti Bridge? What about Under the Cherry Moon?

Enough said

he wasn't a movie star, he was a musician.

instead of seeing under the cherry moon you should have heard the parade album. now that was some good shit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My wife (true 80's chick) was really, really into his music. She went to every concert he had within a 3 State radius when she was in her late teens, 20's and 30's. Real bummer for her today. Personally, I think he's an acquired taste because I was never able to get into his music. In the 80's I was listening to Metal and hard rock , so that has something to do with it obviously. But I can understand why people were into him. Tremendously talented guy who can play all the instruments, writes, composes, directs, acts, and is by all accounts a very down to earth and spiritual dude. True artists like that are rare, and he was one of the trend setters.

If you don't appreciate what he did, don't be lame and troll the thread.
At a minimum, respect what he did, and respect how people appreciated him.

R.I.P.,
princesymbol.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My wife (true 80's chick) was really, really into his music. She went to every concert he had within a 3 State radius when she was in her late teens, 20's and 30's. Real bummer for her today. Personally, I think he's an acquired taste because I was never able to get into his music. In the 80's I was listening to Metal and hard rock , so that has something to do with it obviously. But I can understand why people were into him. Tremendously talented guy who can play all the instruments, writes, composes, directs, acts, and is by all accounts a very down to earth and spiritual dude. True artists like that are rare, and he was one of the trend setters.

If you don't appreciate what he did, don't be lame and troll the thread.
At a minimum, respect what he did, and respect how people appreciated him.

R.I.P.,
princesymbol.gif
Yeah, I was listening to the same thing.
Pop wasn't in my wheelhouse, but I still liked Prince.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I didn't dislike him either. Just never really paid him much attention.
In 1978 he was releasing songs like "My Love is Forever."
And I was listening to Judas Priest's, "The Green Manalishi With the Two-Pronged Crown"
Is what it is.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.tmz.com/

PRINCE TREATED FOR DRUG OVERDOSE DAYS BEFORE DEATH
BY TMZ STAFF

Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.

Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.

Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.

We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."

We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.

We have made more than a dozen attempts to reach Prince's reps for comment, but they went radio silent.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow. Very shocked.

Sounds like he should have stayed in the hospital.

I "liked" his music, but it wasn't my favorite genre back then. I was more into the hair bands.

But; obviously, a LOT of people loved his music.

RIP.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a true musician in the sense of the word. he composed what he wanted to, not what was wanted of him. mega talented, he usually performed all of the instruments on his albums. the music world lost an important member today.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Raspberry Beret for me was his best. I love it. Purple rain obviously was amazing. Even if you have no interest in his show, or style...the dude was a legit contender on that guitar. Much respect.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just in case you guys never knew bout Prince's B-Ball skills. Listen and watch Eddie Murphy's brother Charlie tell you this legendary tale....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Raspberry Beret for me was his best. I love it. Purple rain obviously was amazing. Even if you have no interest in his show, or style...the dude was a legit contender on that guitar. Much respect.
I was dating a chick when Purple Rain came out and I took her to see it.
I didn't hate it, but we were also groping each other in the back row too, so....

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
he wasn't a movie star, he was a musician.

instead of seeing under the cherry moon you should have heard the parade album. now that was some good crap.

I will give it a try :LOL:
The one thing I can appreciate about Prince is he always had hot chicks on stage....
I love beautiful women and he always had them as an intricate part of his stage show
But beyond that acquiring a taste for Prince will be like me developing a taste for haggis...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pop is not really my bag either, but Purple Rain was a legit part of my early adolescence. I was into metal from an early age, but Prince was heavy in his own way. Those song and lyrics were part of what made me start chasing girls as a youngster. 1984 was a strange year musically for me now that I think of it. I was listening to everything from Prince, the Fat Boys and Run-D.M.C, to Metallica - Ride the Lightning and Crue - Shout at the Devil. I loved it all.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That video from the Rock N Roll HOF where he's playing the guitar was amazing. I'd always heard he could play all the instruments but until I saw that performance had no idea he was amazing on the guitar.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Pop is not really my bag either, but Purple Rain was a legit part of my early adolescence. I was into metal from an early age, but Prince was heavy in his own way. Those song and lyrics were part of what made me start chasing girls as a youngster. 1984 was a strange year musically for me now that I think of it. I was listening to everything from Prince, the Fat Boys and Run-D.M.C, to Metallica - Ride the Lightning and Crue - Shout at the Devil. I loved it all.
Same here.
Leaned towards the metal and hard to rock side, but still enjoyed Bands like Prince, The Cure, etc