Music Archive

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/09/2...sing-with-dead-people-duets-with-the-deceased
Barry Manilow Halloween Surprise: “I Sing with Dead People” Duets with the Deceased
by Roger Friedman - September 23, 2014

Hilarious. Barry Manilow has recorded an album of duets with dead people. They are all dead. Dead, dead, dead. And he’s releasing it a few days before Halloween on October 27th.

After all, Barbra Streisand and Tony Bennett have duets albums. Why not Barry? Of course, Barbra did resurrect Elvis for her album. Now it’s Barry’s turn to be the crypt keeper.

And what a group! Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe and Jimmy Durante he got from one of those Hollywood Boulevard souvenir shops. Whitney Houston? Why not Michael Jackson? (Probably couldn’t get permission.) Barry’s also got Andy Williams, Louis Armstrong, “Mama” Cass Elliot, Sammy Davis Jr., Dusty Springfield, John Denver, and Frankie Lymon.

“My Dream Duet” is the name of the album. Barry didn’t dream of singing with people who were alive– and breathing. No, it was a visit to the cemetery that turned him on.

One thing you can say about this– Barry won’t have to fight with the duet singers over interpretation.

Here’s the track list. Disappointed– no “Monster Mash.”

The Song’s Gotta Come from the Heart,” with Jimmy Durante
“Goody Goody,” with Frankie Lymon
“Dream a Little Dream of Me,” with Mama Cass
“I Believe In You and Me,” with Whitney Houston
“Sunshine on My Shoulders,” with John Denver
“Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart,” with Judy Garland
“Moon River,” with Andy Williams
“The Look of Love,” with Dusty Springfield
“The Candyman,” with Sammy Davis, Jr.
“I Wanna Be Loved by You,” with Marilyn Monroe
“What a Wonderful World”/”What a Wonderful Life,” with Louis Armstrong

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/09/2...sing-with-dead-people-duets-with-the-deceased
Barry Manilow Halloween Surprise: “I Sing with Dead People” Duets with the Deceased
by Roger Friedman - September 23, 2014

Hilarious. Barry Manilow has recorded an album of duets with dead people. They are all dead. Dead, dead, dead. And he’s releasing it a few days before Halloween on October 27th.

After all, Barbra Streisand and Tony Bennett have duets albums. Why not Barry? Of course, Barbra did resurrect Elvis for her album. Now it’s Barry’s turn to be the crypt keeper.

And what a group! Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe and Jimmy Durante he got from one of those Hollywood Boulevard souvenir shops. Whitney Houston? Why not Michael Jackson? (Probably couldn’t get permission.) Barry’s also got Andy Williams, Louis Armstrong, “Mama” Cass Elliot, Sammy Davis Jr., Dusty Springfield, John Denver, and Frankie Lymon.

“My Dream Duet” is the name of the album. Barry didn’t dream of singing with people who were alive– and breathing. No, it was a visit to the cemetery that turned him on.

One thing you can say about this– Barry won’t have to fight with the duet singers over interpretation.

Here’s the track list. Disappointed– no “Monster Mash.”

The Song’s Gotta Come from the Heart,” with Jimmy Durante
“Goody Goody,” with Frankie Lymon
“Dream a Little Dream of Me,” with Mama Cass
“I Believe In You and Me,” with Whitney Houston
“Sunshine on My Shoulders,” with John Denver
“Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart,” with Judy Garland
“Moon River,” with Andy Williams
“The Look of Love,” with Dusty Springfield
“The Candyman,” with Sammy Davis, Jr.
“I Wanna Be Loved by You,” with Marilyn Monroe
“What a Wonderful World”/”What a Wonderful Life,” with Louis Armstrong
Thats funny. No Jimi Hendrix?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just found this. Rush, Hemispheres tour live in Tucson, AZ. Good quality too.
Wow what a song list and performance.

Introduction (Nights, Winters, Years by The Blue Jays)
Anthem
A Passage to Bangkok
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Xanadu
Something for Nothing
The Trees
Cygnus X-1
Hemispheres
Closer To The Heart
Circumstances
A Farewell To Kings
La Villa Strangiato
Working Man
Bastille Day
In The Mood
Drum Solo

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Those of you that know me know my love for Hendrix, but especially Hendrix' Band of Gypsies era with Billy Cox on bass and Buddy Miles on drums(and some vocals). I love all Hendrix, but Mitch Mitchell's drumming quite often had a tendency to turn me off. Like a really sloppy Keith Moon who only hears himself. Lol. Not enough rhythm for my taste when compared to the Cox/Miles progressive funky stuff.

I'm rambling. Anyway, here's a cool jam with Jimi, Billy and Buddy clearly working through the rough cut which would eventually be "Who Knows?" performed Live at the Fillmore East. Love the frenetic pace, groove and vocal trade off between Jimi and Buddy. It almost sounds looped...and you wonder if and when their going to go into the break...Lol

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ok last one. Especially love the chorus section where Copeland and Sting get into that spacey, groovy thump. Their last two albums(Ghost in the Machine and Synchronicity) were awesome but almost overproduced it could be argued. I just get a kick out of this raw, bare bones stuff, even if Sting is just going thru the motions vocally per rehearsal.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
In this thread I'm going to be posting some recordings from the Peel Sessions. For a little info on John Peel read below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Peel

John Peel, was an English disc jockey, radio presenter, record producer and journalist. He was the longest serving of the original BBC Radio 1 DJs, broadcasting regularly from 1967 until his death in 2004. He was known for his eclectic taste in music and his honest and warm broadcasting style.

He was one of the first broadcasters to play psychedelic rock and progressive rock records on British radio, and he is widely acknowledged for promoting artists working in various genres, including pop, reggae, indie pop, indie rock,alternative rock, punk, hardcore punk, breakcore, grindcore, death metal, British hip hop, electronic music and dance music. Fellow DJ Paul Gambaccini described him as "the most important man in music for about a dozen years".

Peel's Radio 1 shows were notable for the regular "Peel sessions", which usually consisted of four songs recorded by an artist live in the BBC's studios, and which often provided the first major national coverage to bands that later would achieve great fame.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1kTMa2S7Ds