Muschamp Fired!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So Muschamp is fired with 3 games to go. I don't follow SEC too much, other than knowing who is good and who isn't. Was the firing deserved? Is it good to fire before the season ends? I did read that the recruiting class is abysmal.

Good guy, tried to do things the right way, that can't be stated enough in the modern world of sports where people turn a blind eye to whatever as long as it brings wins.

As a HC he was just flat out awful, he should have been gone at the end of 2013, 4-8 was unacceptable, Georgia Southern was unacceptable, Vanderbilt was unacceptable. The funny thing is the one loss of the last 2 seasons he didn't deserve to get fired for imo was Saturday's game, but glad it's been done and we can move on.

Personally hoping Dan Mullen comes home as his replacement, but for some reason that seems to be hated by most Gators.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of Penn State fans were hoping Dan Mullen would come home too. I guess he is from PA but he said no way. He didn't elaborate so I don't know if it is because of the Sandusky scandal or if it was because he has no interest in leaving the SEC.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A couple of my online friends from Florida are really happy about that news.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hallelujah. Not a fan of Muschamp. He's just not a competent Head Coach. Good defensive mind but just couldn't run the team well.

Dan Mullen isn't happening. That bridge was burned on both sides.

This is my list(some of it is dreaming):
1. Rex Ryan
2. Jack Del Rio
3. Kyle Shanahan
4. Bobby Petrino(yes, I will sell my soul)
5. Todd Graham
6. Rich Rodriguez(Not so sure about Rich Rod)
7. James Franklin

I'm not going to bother with guys like Gus Malzahn or Mullen or Hugh Freeze because I don't think it's going to happen. Same with all those successful coaches that never leave their schools like Art Briles, Gary Patterson, etc.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hallelujah. Not a fan of Muschamp. He's just not a competent Head Coach. Good defensive mind but just couldn't run the team well.

1. Rex Ryan
2. Jack Del Rio
3. Kyle Shanahan
5. Todd Graham
7. James Franklin

I'm not going to bother with guys like Gus Malzahn or Mullen or Hugh Freeze because I don't think it's going to happen. Same with all those successful coaches that never leave their schools like Art Briles, Gary Patterson, etc.

What about Seattle's defensive coordinator? He's a former Florida coach.

And dude, I thought you were a USC fan. What gives?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about Seattle's defensive coordinator? He's a former Florida coach.

And dude, I thought you were a USC fan. What gives?

I am a SC fan. I got my degree from SC and am now in law school at UF.

Dan Quinn? He's an option. Only concern is that he's never been a HC.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

1. Rex Ryan
2. Jack Del Rio
3. Kyle Shanahan
5. Todd Graham
7. James Franklin

I don't think James Franklin would leave Penn State so soon. He is a Pennsylvania native and seemed psyched to get the PSU job. I really think he is committed to rebuilding the PSU program.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think James Franklin would leave Penn State so soon. He is a Pennsylvania native and seemed psyched to get the PSU job. I really think he is committed to rebuilding the PSU program.

That's certainly possible. I just think that Florida having a lot more talent on the team and in state in terms of recruiting as well as players capable of running his system would make it alluring for him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's certainly possible. I just think that Florida having a lot more talent on the team and in state in terms of recruiting as well as players capable of running his system would make it alluring for him.

Well it would suck for PSU if it did happen but I would not be totally surprised I guess. Franklin seems to be more of a used car salesman than a football coach. The strength of his game is Recruiting. He has a great young QB who plays a pro style offense in Hackenburg. Hack played great under OBrien, so did the PSU tight ends. Franklin has not been able to tailor his offense to fit the players. Hackenburg is regressing in a read/option scheme because he is not a run first threat and the TEs are nearly non existent in the offense. There is much wasted talent and a recent QB recruit that he lured away from Indiana had some very revealing quotes that I am sure Franklin would have preferred not be repeated about Hack not fitting Franklin and Donovans scheme. If he is telling recruits stuff like that then I am not so sure he is a trustworthy guy. Many suspect that if he has some success with PSU that he will bolt for the NFL but I just don't see an NFL coach in him. His main game is recruiting and his awesome DC Bob Shoop. The PSU Defense is incredible and that is with a depleted roster. If Shoop leaves then PSU is in trouble I fear.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They will hire an offensive minded Head Coach....I really thought Dan Mullen would be in play because money can cover up burning bridges, however, I could see them hiring Kyle Shanahan with the caveat that his father would be his offensive coordinator because Mike Shanahan and Jeremy Foley are very good friends.

And if I was Auburn I would hire Muschamp!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Looks like Hugh Freeze is option A.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...h-freeze-florida-football-ole-miss-head-coach

Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze is considering an offer to coach at the University of Florida for a base salary in the range of $4.2 to $4.3 million annually, according to multiple sources.

Additional sources confirm the Rebels are attempting to compete with the Gators' offer, pushing Freeze's salary to somewhere near the $4 million range to take compensation out of the question in a potential decision by Freeze between the two schools.

Freeze is finishing the third year of a four year contract that pays him $3 million annually, and has twice been extended. Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork has previously stated that the university was in the process of renegotiating Freeze's contract during the 2014 season but not expected to complete the process until the end of the year.

Former Gator head coach Will Muschamp's contract with the Gators paid him $2.73 million annually, according to the USA Today coaching salary database.

The 45-year-old Freeze has risen through the coaching ranks quickly, having compiled a 24-14 record in three seasons with the Rebels after one year as head coach at Arkansas State. Freeze's first position at the collegiate level was as an assistant at Ole Miss under Ed Orgeron in 2005.

Looks like Hugh Freeze is option A.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...h-freeze-florida-football-ole-miss-head-coach

Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze is considering an offer to coach at the University of Florida for a base salary in the range of $4.2 to $4.3 million annually, according to multiple sources.

Additional sources confirm the Rebels are attempting to compete with the Gators' offer, pushing Freeze's salary to somewhere near the $4 million range to take compensation out of the question in a potential decision by Freeze between the two schools.

Freeze is finishing the third year of a four year contract that pays him $3 million annually, and has twice been extended. Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork has previously stated that the university was in the process of renegotiating Freeze's contract during the 2014 season but not expected to complete the process until the end of the year.

Former Gator head coach Will Muschamp's contract with the Gators paid him $2.73 million annually, according to the USA Today coaching salary database.

The 45-year-old Freeze has risen through the coaching ranks quickly, having compiled a 24-14 record in three seasons with the Rebels after one year as head coach at Arkansas State. Freeze's first position at the collegiate level was as an assistant at Ole Miss under Ed Orgeron in 2005.

I think he's my option A also, only two coaches I'd prefer are Chip Kelly and Harbaugh.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Without looking it up......Who is the second highest paid coach in college football?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gee. Isn't Brian Schottenhiemer is a Florida graduate?
And didn't he interview for Vandy awhile back?
th