Mr. Robot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
2nd season starts soon, so yeah, it's coming.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love this show!!
I liken it to a morph of the Matrix and Dexter....

rdw

Pro Bowler
Not going to read this thread as I'm trying to avoid spoilers but I just started watching this show and I'm about 4 episodes in. So far it's great!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have never even heard of it. To be honest, didn't even know USA was still a station.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He is incredibly believable. My son is on the High Functioning Autism Spectrum (or Asperger's) and Mr. Malek has nailed it: The laser focus, social awkwardness and heartbreaking desire to be 'normal'.

My son is a coder and we don't share a lot in common, but we love this show. It's actually helped us both understand 'the other side'. Thanks @Tron & @Prime Time for helping me find it.

Was your son watching this show before you found out about it?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not going to read this thread as I'm trying to avoid spoilers but I just started watching this show and I'm about 4 episodes in. So far it's great!
It only gets better man! So enjoy!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Due to an unfortunate parallel to a real-life tragedy today, USA has postponed tonight's "Mr. Robot" season finale to air next week. (Some minor spoilers follow.) The freshman thriller's season finale features a very graphic on-camera shooting. It's not identical to the tragedy this morning in Virginia, where a TV reporter and cameraman were murdered during a live broadcast, but it was close enough that USA understandably decided it was wise to put a bit of distance between the real and fictional events. No one who watched tonight would be thinking about anything else. In a statement, the network said, "The previously filmed season finale of 'Mr. Robot' contains a graphic scene similar in nature to today’s tragic events in Virginia. Out of respect to the victims, their families and colleagues, and our viewers, we are postponing tonight’s episode. Our thoughts go out to all those affected during this difficult time. »

- Alan Sepinwall

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, so I'm not all that bright. Is Evil Corp supposed to be a shot at a huge conglomerate?
th

At first I thought it was Microsoft
th

But now Im wondering if its Bank of America
th

SierraRam

Recreational User
Was your son watching this show before you found out about it?

He saw the pilot episode and mentioned it to me. Then I saw this thread, so we binge watched the next 5 episodes until the wife threw us out of the house. I just got back from a far-to-brief vacation and plan on wasting my Sunday getting caught up. It's so addictive!

Love this show!!
I liken it to a morph of the Matrix and Dexter....

Very true! It also has a Fight Club/ V for Vendetta vibe to it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He saw the pilot episode and mentioned it to me. Then I saw this thread, so we binge watched the next 5 episodes until the wife threw us out of the house. I just got back from a far-to-brief vacation and plan on wasting my Sunday getting caught up. It's so addictive!

Very true! It also has a Fight Club/ V for Vendetta vibe to it.
Glad you and your son like it so much and has been a good way to connect. Show is awesome on so many levels. You guys are going to love the rest of the episodes.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Season finale? Anyone?

Recorded it last night and just watched it: Awesome! The leader of Evil Corp "knows who did it" which would explain why he's paying so much attention to Angela... And who's at the door? Tyrell?

There are so many reasons to watch this show, but I've zeroed in on my favorite:
The hypnotically HOT Danish Model: Stephanie Corneliussen.
images
images
images

fancents86

Starter
This is pretty much the only show I watch, and as much as I love it it irks me how much it is actually like Fight Club. It's so much like it that I already new what was going to happen at the end of the season by about episode 4. Except I missed the season finale, fuking Directv.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Season Finale was good, liked the previous episode more though. Finale went too big way to fast though from rest of the season IMO. Went from trying to do one thing to destroying it all basically. Episode 9 also had a lot more emotion behind it. Not saying the finale didn't have any emotion, it was a good progression, just think they brought everything along way to fast, like there should of been an episode or two in between #9 and the finale(#10).

Basically went from A to C, instead of going from A to B to C like the whole season has gone.

Still my favorite new show, but thats my opinion on the finale.

Athos

Legend
Recorded it last night and just watched it: Awesome! The leader of Evil Corp "knows who did it" which would explain why he's paying so much attention to Angela... And who's at the door? Tyrell?

There are so many reasons to watch this show, but I've zeroed in on my favorite:
The hypnotically HOT Danish Model: Stephanie Corneliussen.
images
images
images

She's super hot. And super scary. Probably the creepiest character on the show in fact and she's hardly been in it.

Was that White Rose taking to the Evil Corp head? Seemed like it.

I wonder if it's Tyrell at the door, someone new entirely, or finally Angela? I dunno

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Season Finale was good, liked the previous episode more though. Finale went too big way to fast though from rest of the season IMO. Went from trying to do one thing to destroying it all basically. Episode 9 also had a lot more emotion behind it. Not saying the finale didn't have any emotion, it was a good progression, just think they brought everything along way to fast, like there should of been an episode or two in between #9 and the finale(#10).

Totally agree. (y)