Mr irrelevant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
does anyone else feel bad for that guy every year? Not only is he the last guy drafted, but he has to accept a gift as mr irrelevant. "Hey, you probably won't make a roster so here's a paid vacation on us. Come up on stage and take this trophy for being passed on 244 times " lol.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not really, still gets an entry level contract and free shit just for being the last guy picked in a draft.

Shit, I wish I was given handmeouts and thousands or millions of dollars simply for being the worst at something. I'd be set for life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not really, still gets an entry level contract and free crap just for being the last guy picked in a draft.

crap, I wish I was given handmeouts and thousands or millions of dollars simply for being the worst at something. I'd be set for life.
Guess I didn't think of it like that. But it kinda seems like they're teasing him. Can't we come up with a better name than mr irrelevant? Lmao

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The only Mr. Irrelevant who actually took many snaps for a team is none other than ours truly, David Vobora.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ft-by-picking--mr--irrelevant--225143670.html

Arizona Cardinals close the 2015 draft by picking "Mr. Irrelevant"
By Frank Schwab/Shutdown Corner

It's probably better to be the last pick of the NFL draft rather than the second-to-last pick. At least the last pick gets a party in his honor in California.

"Mr. Irrelevant" is a longstanding NFL draft tradition, a dubious honor for the final pick of the NFL draft. The Arizona Cardinals had pick No. 256 in the seventh round, the last pick this year. They took Gerald Christian, a tight end from Louisville.

It's not too bad. The last pick of the draft is the guest of honor at"Irrelevant Week" in July at Newport Beach, Calif. He's also more memorable than pick No. 255.

Ryan Succop, the kicker for the Tennessee Titans, might be the most accomplished Mr. Irrelevant. Others have stuck in the NFL for a while. Christian might have a chance to make Arizona's roster too.

Christian is a 6-3, 244-pound tight end who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.87 seconds at the combine. He started his career at Florida before transferring to Louisville, where he developed into a solid player for the Cardinals. He had 32 catches for 384 yards and five touchdowns last season. He was third-team all-ACC.

The Cardinals do need some help at tight end as well. And if Christian doesn't make it, well, at least he'll have a party in his honor.

RamWoodie

Legend
does anyone else feel bad for that guy every year? Not only is he the last guy drafted, but he has to accept a gift as mr irrelevant. "Hey, you probably won't make a roster so here's a paid vacation on us. Come up on stage and take this trophy for being passed on 244 times " lol.
How can you feel bad??? The guy is gonna get an opportunity...and if he make a team he's gonna get paid!