mr fisher draft sammy watkins please

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

To play Guard at an elite level....
you know he got paid on his versatility too - that's important to fish..

just draft a good guard - not a project, and be done with it

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
you know he got paid on his versatility too - that's important to fish..

just draft a good guard - not a project, and be done with it

I am fine with that. Still want a tackle as well to be back up. Really dont want Saffold to move to the outside ever.

iced

I am fine with that. Still want a tackle as well to be back up. Really dont want Saffold to move to the outside ever.
i'll take saffold outside over a rookie tackle anyday

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
i'll take saffold outside over a rookie tackle anyday

idk, depends on if its RT or LT. There are lots of tackles I could see being decent stepping in at RT if needed. LT is another story obviously. I just worry about Saffold health on the outside, he always gets hurt there. I agree Saffold would be the best option normally, but with his health...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just pretend we already drafted him and start yankin'.

Z917n1f.jpg

Man, him and Austin lined up next to eachother is a helluva thought. Then Givens on the opposite side...

The only limitations we would have is Schotty's creativity.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, him and Austin lined up next to eachother is a helluva thought. Then Givens on the opposite side...

And the blocking. Because if we can't open up holes in the running game, they're going to sit back in C-2 and bracket Austin, Givens, and Watkins. And if we can't protect the QB, we can't run long developing routes and will struggle to throw deep.

Not to say that our OL will be unable to do that if we draft Watkins. It'll depend on what else we do. But I, for one, will not be happy on draft day if Watkins is the pick at #2. Not because he is a bad player or I think he'll bust but because I rate him lower on my board than more than 2 players. And I don't think he's the type of talent at WR deserving of a top 2 pick.(gotta be a Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald/AJ Green type talent for that imo)

I'm wavering into the Watkins camp, no doubt I'll waver about 20 more times in the next 12 days, with most of that being between Matthews and Robinson, I may dip my toe into the Clowney camp, but if I'm drafting at the moment give me Watkins.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm wavering into the Watkins camp, no doubt I'll waver about 20 more times in the next 12 days, with most of that being between Matthews and Robinson, I may dip my toe into the Clowney camp, but if I'm drafting at the moment give me Watkins.
I've been done with the Clowney camp for weeks. I still prefer the OT's but i'm now guilty of flirting with the idea of taking Watkins at #2 and be done with it.

iced

idk, depends on if its RT or LT. There are lots of tackles I could see being decent stepping in at RT if needed. LT is another story obviously. I just worry about Saffold health on the outside, he always gets hurt there. I agree Saffold would be the best option normally, but with his health...

it doesn't matter much to me where on the line a guy plays - you can get rolled up on just as easily from any position, we've seen it plenty of times here in st.louis lol.

My problem is with trusting a rookie to protect your blind side, whom is coming off an acl tear of his own... Luke Joeckel played right tackle played RT last season and gave up 10 sacks. he played better down the stretch of course. still, thats 10 sacks... and we have better pass rushers in this division

I'd rather have someone w/ experience protecting Bradford initially vs a rook'

Memphis Ram

Legend
it doesn't matter much to me where on the line a guy plays - you can get rolled up on just as easily from any position, we've seen it plenty of times here in st.louis lol.

My problem is with trusting a rookie to protect your blind side, whom is coming off an acl tear of his own... Luke Joeckel played right tackle played RT last season and gave up 10 sacks. he played better down the stretch of course. still, thats 10 sacks... and we have better pass rushers in this division

I'd rather have someone w/ experience protecting Bradford initially vs a rook'

Of course, Joeckel might have been the 4th 5th, or perhaps even 6th tackle off the board in this draft class.

Memphis Ram

Legend
all speculation.. you think lewan is a better prospect than joeckel/fisher?
Off the field? No. On the field? Yes.

Of course, keep in mind, like Dave Te-Thomas, I liked the lesser experienced Lane Johnson more than Joeckel and Fisher.

Last edited:

iced

Off the field? No. On the field? Yes.

Of course, keep in mind, like Dave Te-Thomas, I liked the lesser experienced Lane Johnson more than Joeckel and Fisher.

TBH last year when we were turning the card in at #30 I wanted warford, and wasn't as thrilled when i heard it was ogletree.. couldn't believe warford fell like he did , and i kinda wished they had taken the deal minnesota had offered

lockdnram21

Legend

if we draft Watkins Givens want see the field much. Watkins would be replacing Givens. imo Britt,Quick , or Bailey would most likely be lined up on the other side. Watkins is Givens with better hands, better route running and more physicality

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Was wondering when this weekly thread was gonna pop up. Its friday so cut it pretty close.
I still wonder why only threads about drafting Watkins get a response like they're trolling... threads talking about drafting Robinson or Matthews really don't seem to.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I still wonder why only threads about drafting Watkins get a response like they're trolling... threads talking about drafting Robinson or Matthews really don't seem to.

I don't think he was trolling. Just seems every week there is a new "we have to draft Watkins" type thread.