Moving Money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about cutting Quinn ?
Looks like $11.4 million but damn he played good this week! Wait for him to play behind AD in Wades defense before you think about cutting him.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

I think R. Quinn has fallen out of the "big contract" realm. He's at best a middle level type deal now thats really only going to be a two year and we can safety get out from under it moving fwd imho

TexasRam

Legend
possible cap casualty's if we are in a bind:

2018:
Quinn Free up 11 Million
Barron Free up 7 million
Woods Free up 5 million

Quinn Free up 13 million
Brockers Free up 10 million
Austin Free up 9.3 million
Barron Free up 7 Million

It all depends how they play.
Quinn really needs to return to form and kick the nagging injuries.
Barron needs to play up to his 7 million pricetag which is very possible.
Woods may be replaceable if we are in a pinch because of our depth.
Austin could play back into his value....or not.
Brockers 10 million could be replaced if we get in a bind.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

2018:
Quinn Free up 11 Million
Barron Free up 7 million
Woods Free up 5 million

Quinn Free up 13 million
Barron Free up 7 Million

Brockers is such a leader , & Quinn I'm not sure ?

I like Morgan Fox. Ebukham is going to be tough. Ejuan Price as well.

Will all see , but Tru Johnson is really coming into his prime & is a better CB than JJ21.

Wade likes Barron & he is almost half of what Quinn cost salary wise. Robert has missed the last 3 years basically. Just an observation .

I like this team & it's effort.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

2018:
Quinn Free up 11 Million
Barron Free up 7 million
Woods Free up 5 million

Quinn Free up 13 million
Barron Free up 7 Million

Before the 3rd day of the year Barron is more of a savings in 2018 and 2020. Woods if done early also is more though he's very cheap to retain. Again I don't think we cut any of these guys that are being discussed I was just putting numbers out there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Interesting. If true I would cut both by that date. I'd also be trying to trade both right now.

IMO we're going to see a lot of teams working on Barron in the passing game, starting with the Skins this weekend, so hope he's ready.
Agree not going to happen though with the cap cost that come with them. TA's contract is seriously out of wack today & will get worse day by day. TA is the highest paid player on offense & might be no better than our 5th WR. The fact that the Rams are paying the Rams @ best 4th or 5th best WR 15 million this season is ludicrous. So the cut of TA is a sure event in the future.

Mark Barron cap number is 11 mil this season...Barron's play against a very weak Colt's offense, sure did not reflect what he is getting paid in this Wade D. Barron as I posted yesterday was very rusty. If Barron was cut pre June 1st would bring back approximately 7 mil. to spend elsewhere in 2018. Snead has some interesting young inside LB'ers who show'd they could play this summer in place of the MIA Barron like Cory Littleton, Bryce Hager & even Cassanova McKinzy.

So finding the amount of cap funds to sign Aaron Donald, Alec Ogletree & the numerous starters who will be UFA's in 2018 is possible.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm also guessing Barron is a CAP casualty next season. jmo.

Definitely looking at Barron as a cap casualty next year. He didn't look too good yesterday, and I still feel like he's a non-fit inside. Dude gets lost in traffic when he's not freelancing, and his coverage skills are terrible.

If true I would cut both by that date. I'd also be trying to trade both right now.

Wait a minute....new position....great player....brings it every week....and yall are discussing cutting him?
He didn't play well...a couple of players didn't...neither did Tree...didn't like Mo's game....and they DID run on us pretty easily.

I'm not cutting Barron....in fact...say the season continues like it does...I'm not re-signing Mo (damn I miss TJ already) and I'm moving Barron to SS....

The only guy who's contract didn't make sense...was Tavon....and I don't wanna cut HIM with this McVay guy dialing up plays...like, like Don Coryell, I like, wanna SEE what he finally does with Tavon. Personally, I hope he goes for a contract restructure....move some of that $$$ to signing bonus...and incentives...

The Rams can sign Aaron Donald....Kevin Demoff just needs to be creative.

Hey man...I like this team...as it is...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not going to get any smiles bringing that subject up. However Rob Quinn will be the highest paid Ram in 2018 if nothing changes in the Cap. Quinn is far from being safe at the moment IMO. Rob Quinn must provide the Rams some serious return finally after two back to back seasons of small return for big $$$ paid out . Barwin will be a UFA & Longacre will be a RFA in 2018. Matt Longacre had a very good & active Sunday game!

I would be interested in knowing the total amount of plays that Barwin/Quinn/Longacre/Ebukam played Sunday.Quinn & Barwin started but we also saw as much Longacre as Quinn. Even the Rookie Ebukam got a lot of action.
Quinn =2 tackles & 1 sack.
Barwin = 2 tackles
Longacre=1 tackle & 1 sack & 1 batted down ball
Ebukam =3 tackles but played on ST's

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wait a minute....new position....great player....brings it every week....and yall are discussing cutting him?
He didn't play well...a couple of players didn't...neither did Tree...didn't like Mo's game....and they DID run on us pretty easily.

I'm not cutting Barron....in fact...say the season continues like it does...I'm not re-signing Mo (damn I miss TJ already) and I'm moving Barron to SS....

The only guy who's contract didn't make sense...was Tavon....and I don't wanna cut HIM with this McVay guy dialing up plays...like, like Don Coryell, I like, wanna SEE what he finally does with Tavon. Personally, I hope he goes for a contract restructure....move some of that $$$ to signing bonus...and incentives...

The Rams can sign Aaron Donald....Kevin Demoff just needs to be creative.

I am sure that Barron would not have any problems sliding back into the strong safety position if Mo Alexander was not here or able to answer the call. But with cap $$ becoming rare now in the Ram house...using 10 million on a SS in 2018 really prudent?

But is keep Barron & loosing Ogletree because you do not have the cap cash a good decision? Can the Rams really afford two 10 million a season inside LB'ers ? Normally Wade would push to spend the big $$ on the edge rushing LB'ers not the inside.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
We are already talking about cuts after a nice win lol. I think its best to see how the year plays out.....its a long season.

I still get annoyed that we have cap issues for a team that has not had a .500 record since 2006.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But is keep Barron & loosing Ogletree because you do not have the cap cash a good decision? Can the Rams really afford two 10 million a season inside LB'ers ?
No...you are correct...If we look at son of bums history...he had a high paid ILB at Houston, Cushing...and it didn't seem to work out...they had some udfa's at Denver and they played well....but later signed good deals (one in Denver, the other left in FA)....so son of bum is flexible.
Could we have 2? Probably not...and I'd want to pay Ogletree....but I want Barron....I bet we could re-structure Barron, move him to SS.....Keep Ogletree, and pay him what he's worth...and put Littleton in there next to him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not going to get any smiles bringing that subject up. However Rob Quinn will be the highest paid Ram in 2018 if nothing changes in the Cap. Quinn is far from being safe at the moment IMO. Rob Quinn must provide the Rams some serious return finally after two back to back seasons of small return for big $$$ paid out . Barwin will be a UFA & Longacre will be a RFA in 2018. Matt Longacre had a very good & active Sunday game!

I would be interested in knowing the total amount of plays that Barwin/Quinn/Longacre/Ebukam played Sunday.Quinn & Barwin started but we also saw as much Longacre as Quinn. Even the Rookie Ebukam got a lot of action.
Quinn =2 tackles & 1 sack.
Barwin = 2 tackles
Longacre=1 tackle & 1 sack & 1 batted down ball
Ebukam =3 tackles but played on ST's
Walker had the same stat line if 2 tackles for loss -- a sack. His came at the biggest moment in first quarter.

Fox had 2 tackles.

Leading tackler was Brockers with 5 .

Both Longacre & Quinn had 25 snaps.

Old School put up a cool stat of week 1 game stats.

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree not going to happen though with the cap cost that come with them. TA's contract is seriously out of wack today & will get worse day by day. TA is the highest paid player on offense & might be no better than our 5th WR. The fact that the Rams are paying the Rams @ best 4th or 5th best WR 15 million this season is ludicrous. So the cut of TA is a sure event in the future.

The $15 million this year is guaranteed - cutting him won't help and would actually hurt, since his spot would still be filled.

His cap hit goes down to $8 million next year - if he becomes useful that isn't that much. Especially since $5 million is guaranteed. He can easily be worth $3 million to the Rams. Unless he can be traded before the roster bonus is due, he will be a Ram in 2018.

Besides, this is the first time he's ever had weapons around him. Let him get up to speed - then watch other teams have to decide whether to pay extra attention to Watkins, Kupp, Gurley OR Austin. Somebody will be uncovered - if it's TA, then it will frequently go all the way. But if they pay close attention to him, somebody else will be open.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I am willing to wait and see how things play out with Barron. He had a pretty poor game Sunday, but yeah it is true that he missed time so maybe he comes around under Wade's tutelage. I just didn't like him at ILB from day one when it was announced and I've yet to see anything from him on the field that shows me he can do it. And if he has another game like he just had we're going to see Wade start tinkering with his spot IMO.

In coverage he has to grab and hold because he's got absolutely zero instincts. He can shoot gaps when he's "on" and make blockers look stupid, and otherwise crush ball carriers, but the only time he's been "on" was two years ago when Williams allowed him to freelance.

Anyway. Hoping that he starts killing it, just don't expect it.