Moving Money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all these contracts extension being announced I feel like they are making room for Donald's contract. I expect to hear more contract news soon

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Extending Ogletree could save a bundle this year, and his & Donald's agents are the same. Perhaps all can work together to come to a viable solution. I'm also guessing Barron is a CAP casualty next season. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Extending Ogletree could save a bundle this year, and his & Donald's agents are the same. Perhaps all can work together to come to a viable solution. I'm also guessing Barron is a CAP casualty next season. jmo.

Definitely looking at Barron as a cap casualty next year. He didn't look too good yesterday, and I still feel like he's a non-fit inside. Dude gets lost in traffic when he's not freelancing, and his coverage skills are terrible.

Extending AO would be very smart. Gives them time to look at some of these kids on the depth chart and determine where they fit long term.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
With Littleton making plays, I'd try to trade Barron to Cleveland. He fits well in Williams' system

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They have made two minor moves saving very little money. IMO, they need to be working on something more substantial.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at it we have $60 million in cap space next year. Barron being cut before the 3rd day of the league year saves $9 million and Tavon by the same day saves $8 million. Don't think we cut them and not advocating it I was just curios about the numbers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Something does seem to be possibly happening now that Donald has reported.

It's possible Donald's agent told the Rams they were playing this season out on his existing deal... and if so... with that known... these moves could be for other extensions like AO, Joyner, Watkins, etc.

But, it does seem like we need a couple of more cap altering moves first.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at it we have $60 million in cap space next year. Barron being cut before the 3rd day of the league year saves $9 million and Tavon by the same day saves $8 million. Don't think we cut them and not advocating it I was just curios about the numbers.
We look pretty good next year. If they can give him a new contract with most of the money and bonuses starting next year would be ideal.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With Littleton making plays, I'd try to trade Barron to Cleveland. He fits well in Williams' system

I like that. Trade Barron for OG Zach Banner & a 4'th rd. 2018 pick. Re-sign Forrest once he passes the physical.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Starting to think Gurely will not see a 2nd contract. Not dynamic enough of late and if he has subpar year, it will be interesting if they pick up the 5th year option.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Interesting. If true I would cut both by that date. I'd also be trying to trade both right now.

IMO we're going to see a lot of teams working on Barron in the passing game, starting with the Skins this weekend, so hope he's ready.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Just saying he has not looked special for sometime now. So if that continues do you give a 26 year old under-whelming RB huge money?

That could change, and hopefully it does. Just saying he looks ordinary and not much better than Malcom Brown. So with all the big contracts coming due, would you give him one or would you rather keep Ogletree, Brockers, TruJo, and Donald long-term?

Heck Goff is only one year behind Gurley so if he develops that is another huge contract coming due a year after Gurley's. So he is in the middle of a bunch of possible deals and an above avg RB can be replaced.

In fact the more I think of it, he better be very special to stick around.

Last edited:

JRobinson

MiLB
Just saying he has not looked special for sometime now. So if that continues do you give a 26 year old under-whelming RB huge money?

'Special' as in a terrible OL, which caused him to regress his ability in reading open holes that weren't actually open? Come on man, you watched 2015 just like I did, don't let last season fool you.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Starting to think Gurely will not see a 2nd contract. Not dynamic enough of late and if he has subpar year, it will be interesting if they pick up the 5th year option.
Way too early to worry about that. In fact I think we all should pump the brakes on being critical of our offensive players till we see how they do this year with quality coaching for a change.

Psycho_X

Legend
They are definitely moving money around for AD I think. I don't think it's a coincidence that we heard nothing from AD since he started holding out and suddenly he shows up to LA and suddenly the Rams are throwing extensions out that gives cap room now.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
They are definitely moving money around for AD I think. I don't think it's a coincidence that we heard nothing from AD since he started holding out and suddenly he shows up to LA and suddenly the Rams are throwing extensions out that gives cap room now.
McVay even alluded to it in his press conference today. They are trying to extend guys they want to keep and at the same time try and maneuver to be able to get AD signed. He made no bones about it.

Psycho_X

Legend
McVay even alluded to it in his press conference today. They are trying to extend guys they want to keep and at the same time try and maneuver to be able to get AD signed. He made no bones about it.

Ah nice, guess i should go watch that.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

That could change, and hopefully it does. Just saying he looks ordinary and not much better than Malcom Brown. So with all the big contracts coming due, would you give him one or would you rather keep Ogletree, Brockers, TruJo, and Donald long-term?

Heck Goff is only one year behind Gurley so if he develops that is another huge contract coming due a year after Gurley's. So he is in the middle of a bunch of possible deals and an above avg RB can be replaced.

In fact the more I think of it, he better be very special to stick around.

I can see where you're coming from, however I disagree. I think Gurleys problem is he does not trust his OLine, be it justified or not. Really, Brown and Havenstein just don't get the push in the run game. They did okay in pass protection. Now that there's tape on what Goff and his pass catchers can do if you have your safety cheating, we should get a better idea of what Gurley is going to be this year. The Colts never once deviated from their initial game plan. They never adjusted for the pass. They were intent on stopping TG, and they only really did an okay job of it.

I'd love to see what he could do with some interior push. I think once he trusts his line, his confidence will rise, and you'll see the player we drafted.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

What about cutting Quinn ?