Moving forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Once these guys start executing their responsibilities this defense is going to be far, far better than anything we've seen in a long time. GW is getting a lot of flak with good reason so far, but his defensive calls and ability to take away what OCs want to do is outstanding.

Execution is what is missing. They're close too, btw. Might see some personnel changes here and there before it happens but it's coming. I think Jenks loses his job to Johnson when he returns, or shortly thereafter, but if he gets his $h!* together that's ok too.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
Well, if our metaphor of Williams as the defensive McDaniels is true, that would make Walton the defensive Pat "hated, but got better results from Bradford than anyone else" Shurmur... ;)

Valid point. I still think barring injury Bradford's best season was last season. Such a shame about the ACL.

And who knows, Pat had a lot less talent to work with if I'm not mistaken

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I flew out for the game and was disappointed on a few levels as well.

1) Tavon- I have no idea if Shotty even knows how to use him. You have big receivers on the outside and a big fast TE in Cook. Yet Tavon isn't even on the field half the time. Pettis was on the field more than Austin. Austin should be tearing up the middle and underneath routes but he's not. I just don't think this offense will ever really take off with Shotty as OC.

2) JJ- beat to death already. He either only looks at the receiver and get's his share of PI's or he watches the QB and get's burned. Still think he's a talented kid but it sure seems to be feast of famine all too often.
3) We need Tru back badly.
4 )Gaines- A lot of talk about JJ but Gaines is having some rookie pains too. He got beat a few times. Last TD was double move on him as well.
5) I'm not sold on McLeod at safety.
6) Lauranitis- I know this won't be popular but in this game he was bad in coverage. Good against the run, but he is just bad against the pass.
7). This defense gets beat by the same misdirection pass every single game every week. At what point do you recognize this? If I was the 49er's I would of run the play EVERY down until we figured it out.

The thing that is the most frustrating is we all watch this team look lights out for at least 1-2 quarters every week. Problem is the other 2 quarters they look lost and by that time there's a 24 point swing. Yeah, we've had some amazingly BS penalties against us but good teams don't give up the stupid plays we do. When we can be consistent for 4 quarters we'll be a winning team.