Movement on the Stadium Front in St Louis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
One can only hope. Personally, I am fatigued by the song and dance between the Rams and the city of Saint Louis.
Just shut up and play ball!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The needle has moved but then JT said "there's still not a lot going on in St. Louis. You just hope there will be."

Nothing concrete.

TexRamFan

Rookie
From Tim McKernan's twitter feed:

@tmckernan: From @jthom1: I've heard that the needle has moved a bit in St. Louis (on the stadium front).
(Jim Thomas - Rams beat writer for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.)

http://www.insidestlaudio.com/ITD_Audio/072814-2TMA.mp3 (around the 21:00 mark)

Thanks for the link Candy. Perhaps Jim heard a little behind the scenes chatter that he was not too sure on the quality of the source. Or, maybe he was supposed to stay quiet. I am an optimist, so I will take this as a small positive (for the Rams staying in StL). Better than nothing for yet another day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the link Candy. Perhaps Jim heard a little behind the scenes chatter that he was not too sure on the quality of the source. Or, maybe he was supposed to stay quiet. I am an optimist, so I will take this as a small positive (for the Rams staying in StL). Better than nothing for yet another day.

I agree, and that is where I am right now.

I may be in the minority that I believe the stadium discussions need to stay out of the public as much as possible. I much prefer Kroenke take an Arthur Blank approach, not much said publicly until the stadium deal became agreed upon, than Spanos and Davis, who talk publicly about as much as possible.

This is far from over, and this will continue to be a lengthy ordeal, however hopefully we continue to hear good news on the stadium front.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I agree, and that is where I am right now.

I may be in the minority that I believe the stadium discussions need to stay out of the public as much as possible. I much prefer Kroenke take an Arthur Blank approach, not much said publicly until the stadium deal became agreed upon, than Spanos and Davis, who talk publicly about as much as possible.

This is far from over, and this will continue to be a lengthy ordeal, however hopefully we continue to hear good news on the stadium front.

I agree with you on this as well. This stadium ordeal is something I have followed very closely as I grew up in the St. Louis area and my family has had season tix since they moved here. Some of my fondest memories as a youngster somehow or another involve the Rams and I would love nothing more for them to stay so I could continue to have even more memories with my father and brother.

With that being said I am a realist and know at this point anything is possible. But I am very confident they will eventually get a deal done and even though many point to Kroenke's silence as a negative for the future of this team, I believe the silence is a good thing at this stage of the process. I just hope the year-to-year lease doesn't scare off many fans, because it is going to happen imo for a few years. But as this team continues to improve, they will slowly build up more excitement and become a blast to watch. I just hope fans can support them and focus on the action on the field and let the off the field process play its course.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Just opinion here, but I think the Rams need to forget about the city and start looking at the surrounding communities for land the team can develop as will best serve the team and the fans needs.

FRO

Legend
St. Louis doesn't deserve to lose their football team. I'm sure LA deserves a football team. Hope we can keep the team here.

TexRamFan

Rookie
Just opinion here, but I think the Rams need to forget about the city and start looking at the surrounding communities for land the team can develop as will best serve the team and the fans needs.

Good point Merlin. I have no actual proof of this, but I firmly believe they have and will continue to do so.

I really hope they exhaust and at least look at ALL options for the area. My ultimate hope/wish for this situation is that the city can strike a deal with Kroenke to somehow develop the North Bottle District area that is so run down and outdated. I really think that would be a win for everyone. A beautiful new stadium with tons of parking/tailgating for the fans. The stadium can serve as both the Rams home along with hosting outdoor venues like soccer events, concerts, etc. Kroenke can do what he does best and use some of the land for a development center/strip mall area and it can help to revitalize some of that area.

We have been tailgaiting near the old SLIGO Steel building since the Rams moved to the Ed. And the one thing that really bugs me is the separation between tailgate areas. I would LOVE to have a community lot where fans can interact and mingle instead of having the spread out vibe they do now. Every year we go to one away game and it is MIND NUMBING how great some stadiums are and how far behind we are. Places like GB, Hou, Dal just to name a few have really impressed me.

VARam

The city had to tear down both the Sheraton Hotel (which was only 13 years old) and a Greyhound Station to make way for the dome post haste. Not to mention the design was a decade old, which was supposed to have been used for a new home for the Big Red. St. Louis politics are a female canine. So leaving the city for the suburbs would be a great solution for this problem.