Mouthy Kenny Britt Brings Much-Needed Attitude/Farr

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Mouthy Kenny Britt Brings Much-Needed Attitude
By D'Marco Farr

http://www.101sports.com/2014/06/13/mouthy-kenny-britt-brings-much-needed-attitude/

No doubt about it, Kenny Britt has been the highlight of OTAs for me.

That’s not to discount notable incidents like Michael Sam getting into a little dust-up on the field, Sam Bradford throwing the football in public coming off a torn ACL, and Jake Long working out and moving around semi-fluidly.

The new wide receiver on the block, though, stole the show. Actually, Britt’s mouth stole it, to be more specific. Dude was running his yap and backing it up with spectacular plays in practices.

This made me happy. It’s been a while since the Rams have had legit swagger at the wideout spot, and I couldn’t wait to see it for myself.

Britt is the first person I looked for when I made it back from vacation and out to Rams Park. And guess what? He was yapping, and playing, and getting in people’s faces. It was great. I loved it. It reminded me of the time Scott Linehan brought the 2008 St. Louis Rams to Nashville to scrimmage Jeff Fisher’s Tennessee Titans for a few days. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Steven Jackson was still a prime player. There was still some faith left in QB Marc Bulger’s ability to get the job done.

And then practice started.

Oh, my, it was a punishing affair for the Rams. They got smashed. The Titans beat the Rams in pretty much every single drill they were matched up against. It was just downright ugly in some situations. The trash talk from the Titans was relentless. Outside linebacker Keith Bullock practically dared anyone in a Rams uniform outside of Jackson to fight him. He found no takers. Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth openly mocked the Rams for their lack of toughness and grit. There was no reply to the contrary. I still believe to the this day that defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch scared the team with just his looks alone.

It was obvious the Rams were lacking in the attitude department. Talent aside, Tennessee was just a tougher team than the Rams that day. Maybe that’s what Linehan was trying to discover that day. Well, he sure found out.

I wished the Rams could bring in a few more players with an edge.

Britt bringing the ‘tude, to go along with consistent play, is the best thing that could have happened to a young secondary that needs to improve dramatically. Britt will be great preparation for what will come on game days in the fall.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Love it but I dont think this team was short on attitude before Britt got here.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I do think we've been missing that WR with swagger, i hope it rubs off on a couple of our younger guys :)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Hopefully he knows when and how to use it, we already have enough guys who can try to be badass and it hurt us a lot in the Panthers games, what we need is more Finnegans, guys who know how to use it to their advantage and garner the reaction. Not be the one reacting.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm fine with trash talking if:
1] It doesn't result in penalties that cost the team
2] It can be backed up by your play

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
If he makes some spectacular plays in a real game then I'll be ok with attitude.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Could he and Tavon be any more opposite? ...both in their temperament and stature.

Like @VCRam said, I'll be good with the 'tude if he makes plays during the season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I never questioned Britt's ability on the field, however, he needs to control his actions off the field. If the off field problems are behind him barring injuries, he will be an asset. But like many people if he's having personal issues off the field, it hinders him on the field.

Farr's right and I still love D'Marco..Rams need a number one guy and Britt can be that guy and when Bailey gets back, even better. We've been waiting long enough Gentlemen for our Rams because making post season this year, well, it is right, it is just and Lord knows, it is time.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm probably minority here, but I think while a little attitude is necessary, it can be overrated.

Sometimes those guys known for their attitudes are mouthing off and having elaborate first down celebrations when their team's down by 28. Which is just sad and pathetic more than anything else. (it's actually a real problem in Madden I've noticed. ;) )

RustyRay

Rookie

They are severely lacking attitude on the offensive side of the ball IMO...defense has plenty of swagger...the O is a bit laid back for my taste...Saffold is the only guy I can remember last year getting fired up on the field...I still remember him bear crawling after mashing someone in the ground game...the Rams O can use an infusion of this kind of confidence that comes with the I'm the best attitude...and I don't mind it if they tell people about it from time to time..

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The Titans were 13-3 that season while the Rams were 2-14. Maybe Farr is on to something here. OTOH I don't appreciate all the yakking and chest pounding on the field and then we still lose the game. Btw what is it about the DB and WR positions that brings out the prima donna attitudes?
Maybe it's that they're the least dependent on other positions and have the flashiest plays when they do well?

A WR does need a reliable QB, and a DB needs enough of a pass rush so that the receiver he's covering doesn't have THAT long to get open... but other than that...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
On defense no, but offensively? I think that could be a fair assessment. Dahl is gone, Long is rehabbing, Tavon is a smurf, Quick never speaks etc...
I'd like to see some "nasty" from our RB core this year too.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
The worst trash talker on our team? Jnoris Jenkins.... dude ran his gums alot last year and got lit up alot last year as well.... alla Steve smith

tonyl711

Starter
let your play do the talking, if your play is good enough no words are necessary.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was skeptical at first about the signing of Britt, but I can't hold back my enthusiasm any longer.
He is a far superior talent then Clayton and Lloyd were.
I am officially expecting big things from this guy.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I want the Rams to be feared as a tough team - attitude is great if it is backed up. If Britt makes some plays then heck, say a couple of things. If he duplicates his 11 catch season, kinda seems a bit silly.