Most Shocking Movie Scene Reveal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought of this thread when considering a different question on twitter, asking about the best movie ever. I ran through my mind of the many movies I have seen, when I thought of The Planet of the Apes. Although it as a great movie, I don't consider it the best, I do think the shocking reveal at the end really got to me more than any movie I can think of.... (The Statue of Liberty Reveal) I think why this scene shocked me so much was due to my young age AND that I had totally bought in to the idea that Charleton Heston's character had landed on an alien planet, inhabited by simians.

What movie reveal shocked you?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great thread. I am sure that many will pick The Sixth Sense, but unfortunately, a local radio hack ruined that for me before I saw the movie. I'll go with The Usual Suspects. Spoiler alert below if somehow you have not seen this movie....

View: https://youtu.be/LtSldnuKBEs

Psycho_X

Legend
They just don't make movies like these anymore. A few off top of head that I loved. Got to start with my namesake.

Classic Film Smiling GIF

200.gif

fight club jack GIF

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is sort of a forgotten Kevin Costner movie called No Way Out and it has a twist at the end that shocked me
***SPOILER***
A Navy Lt. Commode (Costner), who works for the Naval Intelligence Service is having an affair with a woman who is also having an affair simultaneously with a highly placed government official(Gene Hackman). That official arrived unexpectedly while Costner fled out the back door. Hackman realizes that she (Sean Young) has another lover and becomes enraged and accidently pushed her from the second floor railing and she dies. Hackman has an underling that scours her apartment, removing any hint of their affair/connection and a picture of her with Costner is found in the process.
Hackman decides to frame Costner as a notorious Soviet mole suspected to be in the Pentagon known by the code name "Yuri." Costner knows of the attempted frame for his lover's murderer AND being a Soviet spy.. He appears to be a patriotic officer who saves a fellow sailor from death at great risk to his own life. Costner turns the table on Hackman and then Hackman kills himself when all appears hopeless. The movie seems to be over, but then Costner returns to his apartment and speaks to his friend and landlord.
They speak together in Russian.
Costner IS Yuri and his landlord is his Soviet handler. His mission was to become romantically involved with Young, but actually fell in love with her. His handler wants him to return to the USSR.... The all American boy was a Soviet spy. *MINDBLOWN*.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
A few of those M. Knight Shyamalan movies has surprise endings for me.

The 6th sense when it was revealed Bruce Willis was the dead one.

The Others similar to the 6th sense when it was revealed Nicole Kidman and her family were the ghosts.

The Village when it was revealed they were in modern times instead of old days.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a movie but the "Red Wedding" in GOT was quite a bit of a shocker to me

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didnt see the end of the Departed coming, no way, no how

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is sort of a forgotten Kevin Costner movie called No Way Out and it has a twist at the end that shocked me
***SPOILER***
A Navy Lt. Commode (Costner), who works for the Naval Intelligence Service is having an affair with a woman who is also having an affair simultaneously with a highly placed government official(Gene Hackman). That official arrived unexpectedly while Costner fled out the back door. Hackman realizes that she (Sean Young) has another lover and becomes enraged and accidently pushed her from the second floor railing and she dies. Hackman has an underling that scours her apartment, removing any hint of their affair/connection and a picture of her with Costner is found in the process.
Hackman decides to frame Costner as a notorious Soviet mole suspected to be in the Pentagon known by the code name "Yuri." Costner knows of the attempted frame for his lover's murderer AND being a Soviet spy.. He appears to be a patriotic officer who saves a fellow sailor from death at great risk to his own life. Costner turns the table on Hackman and then Hackman kills himself when all appears hopeless. The movie seems to be over, but then Costner returns to his apartment and speaks to his friend and landlord.
They speak together in Russian.
Costner IS Yuri and his landlord is his Soviet handler. His mission was to become romantically involved with Young, but actually fell in love with her. His handler wants him to return to the USSR.... The all American boy was a Soviet spy. *MINDBLOWN*.
That was a BRILLIANT movie!

Tano

Legend
TV Show

I can't believe I didn't figure this out since they stated this at the beginning of each episode.

I completely was going in a different direction.

Jury Duty