Most Selfish Play in Football?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Besides penalties or celebrations, what do you guys see during the games that drives you crazy? Not just in Ram's games but in the NFL in general. I am talking about legal plays where guys do something selfish that hurts the team. I have one, but I will hold off to see other responses.

iced

The Niners Touchdown Botch on MNF - both players wanted the ball so bad neither wanted to give it up...

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Excessive celebration just for making a play. Especially when you're down big. I see that crap all of the time. Act like you've done it before and get your ass back in the huddle.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Excessive celebration just for making a play. Especially when you're down big. I see that crap all of the time. Act like you've done it before and get your ass back in the huddle.
I COULDN'T HAVE PUT IT BETTER!! Ditto's! ( I might add my sig, as a thought!)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
JJ constantly biting on double moves to try an intercept a pass. It's illegal but he didn't get called for it, when Ogletree threw the ball in the running backs face after the 4th down stop. When players run side to side, or backwards instead of forwards to try and make a big play but almost always get caught in reverse. When Bill Gramatica tore his acl celebrating after his field goal.

cracengl

Rookie
I get really sick of seeing the bend down on one knee and chop/point when you get a first down. I'm not sure how selfish it is, but it drives me nuts. You got the first, now get back in the huddle and do it again. Save the celebration for when you score.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The one that drives me absolutely crazy is the interception on 4th down. If you are close to the LOS and have a clear return, that is one thing, but consistently I see guys making interceptions 20+ yards down field on 4th down, with no chance for a return. I don't know about anybody else, but I was taught that you bat the ball down and make sure it is un-catchable. It is a selfish stat grab that costs your team field position. It seems like every time it happens, all the other DBs come and celebrate with the guy, and I am sitting, watching, and being pissed off at the stupidity.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The way that our team hogs all of the yellow flags for themselves every damn game!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
These four piss me off every damn time massively and make me want to punch something and yell:

-Returning a kick from deep in the end zone and not getting to the 20 or even close to it.
-Intercepting a ball in the end zone and running it out.
-Not calling for a fair catch on a punt when defenders are close and then get lit up the moment you catch the ball and get laid out or fumble or just lose a couple yards.
-Wide receivers dropping balls from perfect passes and open.

This is just Bullshit:
-Not grabbing a fumbled ball when you fall right in front of it and attempt the laziest recovery ever as if it were a stinking diaper.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Players who play with a chip on their shoulder when they don't have to. Steve Smith is the main one, guy has a Napoleon complex from hell, the only good thing from it is now Panthers fans are seeing why everybody hated Smith front and center, but I still hate his antics.

Shut the fuck up and play football, nobody cares about your little man complex.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hate the first down celebrations with the tomahawling down field.

The jump up and fast walk away from the play is annoying too.

Bragging it up when a guy makes a big play as if the rest the team had no part in it.

Mine are all celebration related and coincidentally typical of Golden Taint, Steve Smith and Dick Sherman.