Most ridiculous thing a Card's fan has said

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
A lot of us have been to Cardinal forums or another Ram forum and read a comment or post from a Cardinal fan that was just pure homerism at its best. I was wondering what the most ridiculous/funniest one you can remember was. And don't bother saying they predicted a 45-10 cards win, think we all have seen those.

Here is the most ridiculous one i have seen.

A guy said that Patrick Peterson(who has taken some snaps on offense this offseason), could be a #1 or #2 wr for most teams, but since the card's wr's are so good, he isn't even in the top 4.

Riiiiiiiiiight...........,..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the guy that said Andre Roberts is better than any receiver on the Rams roster is worse.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Rammer said:
LOL some of those cards fans are delusional!

Some of those Cards fans remember Roy Green and prolly think he's just like him.

I personally don't think it's that far OOL, Peterson is a friggin flash, polish wise not so much but I'd bet he'd be top 20 wr in the league easily speed wise.

The part that gets outlandish is that if they were so good throughout their WR corps ,he'd never have gotten a look at that position.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm pretty sure WR would have been Peterson's 1st choice if it were up to him, usually there's a reason super fast guys play defense.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
OC--LeftCoast said:
I'm pretty sure WR would have been Peterson's 1st choice if it were up to him, usually there's a reason super fast guys play defense.
It could be a coach way back when dunno, maybe he's ADD and has issues running routes precisely dunno, just sayin he's got the speed and can catch well enough he one of the most feared PR guys in the league ( Spags still cries out in his sleep ) so I think the evaluation of HIM isn't so much off target ,it's that he's behind the curve learning the position that is what makes him their #4 ALONG with that he's also as good as anything they have on D.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Thordaddy said:
The Rammer said:

Some of those Cards fans remember Roy Green and prolly think he's just like him.

I personally don't think it's that far OOL, Peterson is a friggin flash, polish wise not so much but I'd bet he'd be top 20 wr in the league easily speed wise.

The part that gets outlandish is that if they were so good throughout their WR corps ,he'd never have gotten a look at that position.
and we all know speed translates to big a top notch WR....Lets ask Al Davis who that philosophy works.
Holt and Bruce were not flashes but I'd take them over a speed guy any day.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The Rammer said:
Thordaddy said:
The Rammer said:

and we all know speed translates to big a top notch WR....Lets ask Al Davis who that philosophy works.
Holt and Bruce were not flashes but I'd take them over a speed guy any day.
That's a different discussion , I just don't think you ignore speed either, we traded up to get the fastest guy in the draft for a reason, we allow for the diminished size being a trade off to get that speed and elusiveness which BTW Peterson possesses.
FWIW conjuring Holt and Bruce really makes no difference, they were two of the best ever and between them and the contention that Peterson could be a #1or #2 for many teams currently in the league leaves a LOT of room, i.e. he COULD be a #2 for the very team you speak of the Raiders possibly.

Just sayin' I've seen what a DB converted to WR because of his enormous speed has done in Roy Green further he PLAYED for that franchise, it's not difficult for me to accept the way they think of him (Peterson), how they see the rest of their WR corps is what I take issue with.

I'm a homer , but not so much so that I don't realize talent on other teams MUST be pretty damned good otherwise we'd be going 16-0 every year.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I brought this thread back to say, I was wrong, the Cards recs. are friggin good probably the second best bunch in the div/next to us of course. Hope Palmer to Fitz, to Floyd ,to Roberts, to Peterson can degrade the records of some of the others in our division,I see potential.
I hope they go 4/2 in the division with their only loses coming at the hands of Robert Quinn.

I say we cover Boldin with Ogletree when we play San Fran, play the "IMA let you catch it then IMA knock yer DNA rifle in yer watch pocket coverage" make him hear footsteps, put a big fast body on him.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I like the idea of covering Boldin with Tree! Liked Boldin better when he was playing for the Ravens.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Cards receivers are good but the Rams also played deep and gave them a lot of room underneath and in the middle.We saw that most of last year as well. it is easy to catch a lot of passes with so much space around your receivers.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
rhinobean said:
I like the idea of covering Boldin with Tree! Liked Boldin better when he was playing for the Ravens.

Yeah sombody who can lay the wood needs to cover Boldin, McDonald COULD be that guy or even Ray Ray at safety in some coverage's but all JJ or Finnegan can possibly do is deny him the ball and might have to play so aggressive to do that they get flagged.

Christmas at the Harbaugh's " Jim you dick ,you took my best rec"...."Shut up John, you guys got out from under Lewis and Reeds contracts and couldn't find room for Boldin? I'm not the one who called the fire sale in order to pay a one year wonder, eatcher turkey and cry on someone elses shoulder my Qb has the same tats as Arron Hernandez,and YOU THINK YOU GOT PROBLEMS" :rofl:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
My view is that we have 3 months until we play these guys again on Dec 8th. A lot can happen between now and then. So I'm putting all the Cards talk on the back burner until then.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
And it's going to be in their house too.
Yeah ,if they are healthy that's gonna be a tussle, for now I'm hoping max gets a chance to celebrate the Cards winning two games in particular.