Most Improved Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Continuity is also huge. Last year we lost our leading rusher and top 2 leading receivers. And while the guys we lost weren't superstars, we went into the season with a bunch of young guys hoping that roles would be filled. Richardson and Pead struggled to fill the RB position the first 4 weeks. Week 5 Zac Stacy emerged to be a very good back. Tavon Austin took his rookie lumps, dropping many passes in the early going. Roger Saffold emerged as a great RG. Barksdale emerged at RT. Ogletree and McDonald were two guys in their first years. We go into this year with a lot already established. We have a new LG, which was needed. Young DB depth, which was also needed. The roster has guys that understand their roles better. That's huge.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
OG
QB
CB
DT
WR
RB

Guys ... this team is vastly improved in just about all areas. And the best thing is it is even better in most places in depth behind the starters. We are still behind in the LB and S positions, but if everyone around them is improved it will lessen the lack of depth/strength of the position. We are still awfully young. That and avoiding the injury plague is what might hold us back. But I am seeing a much improved roster since 2 yrs ago....and much better than last year alone. We are close ... VERY close

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Early 2013 season starters & back ups vs. the projected same in early 2014 season:

#1-OLG Contingent- Chris Williams-Shelley Smith & Brandon Washington vs. Greg Robinson- Barrett Jones- Davin Joseph & B.Washington
#2-Nickle Contingent- Cortland Finnegan-Rodney McLeod vs. Lamarcus Joyner-Greg Reid & EJ Gaines
#3-ORG Contingent- Harvey Dahl- Shelley Smith & B.Washington vs. Roger Saffold- Davin Joseph & Barrett Jones
#4-DT back up Contingent -Cudjo/Conrath/Brodine vs. A.Donald/Carrington/Conrath
#5- Safety Contingent- Stewart/McDonald/McLeod/Giordano/ vs. McDonald/McLeod/L.Joyner/Cody Davis/M.Daniels/C.Bryant/J.Bryant
#6- QB reserve Contingent- Clemens/Davis vs. Hill/Davis/Gilbert
#7- Returners-T.Austin/Pead/Cunningham/Veltung vs. T.Austin/Diontae Spencer/G.Reid/Tre Mason/Veltung

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I gotta go with the guards. If Long comes back healthy, they keep Robinson and Saffold at guard. Those guys could tandem to be the best run blocking guards in the league.

FRO

Legend
OG
QB
CB
DT
WR
RB

Guys ... this team is vastly improved in just about all areas. And the best thing is it is even better in most places in depth behind the starters. We are still behind in the LB and S positions, but if everyone around them is improved it will lessen the lack of depth/strength of the position. We are still awfully young. That and avoiding the injury plague is what might hold us back. But I am seeing a much improved roster since 2 yrs ago....and much better than last year alone. We are close ... VERY close
This roster is unquestionably our best in maybe 10 years. It is solid throughout and most importantly it is full of young guys. Meaning we will have a solid roster for some time. I'm not predicting playoffs. I see us as an 8-8/9-7 team, but we are about to see a prolong period of competitive good football. This team has been built through the draft, mainly in the last 4 drafts.