Most Improved for 2013: DL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...nsive-linemen?campaign=Twitter_writers_brooks

Big Brock is under the "watch list"

Other Defensive Linemen to Watch

Michael Brockers, DT, St. Louis Rams: Jeff Fisher understands the importance of building a defense that is sturdy down the middle, explaining his fascination with the ultra-athletic Brockers during the pre-draft process one year ago. Checking in at 6-5 and 322 pounds, Brockers is the long, rangy run stuffer defensive coordinators covet in the middle, yet he still possesses the strength, power and agility to collapse the pocket as a pass rusher. As a result, he was able to put together an impressive rookie season (31 tackles, four sacks and a forced fumble) without fully grasping the speed, tempo and intensity of the pro game. With 12 NFL starts under his belt and a full offseason to master the nuances of the position, Brockers could become a transcendent star at defensive tackle in 2013.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
hell ya, i love seeing some of our guys getting props

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'm really anxious to see how much he's improved since last year. It's gonna be fun.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Ram Org. sure has spent some serious amounts of Ram assets in this area. The mega $$$ cost of the Resigning of Chris Long (28 yrs) & William Hayes (27 yrs). The high cost $$$ purchase of UFA Kendall Langford (27 yrs,). The use of the priceless high valued 2012 & 2011 First Round Draft selections on Brockers (22 yrs) & Quinn (23 yrs) along with hard working & performing Eugene Sims (27 yrs).

Throw in UFA's Conrath & Kudjo to round up the top 8 Ram DL'ers, I see why the Rams did not draft any additional DL'ers.

This DL consisting of the six above players should be one of the best in the NFL this upcoming season. I would be highly disappointed if does not vastly IMPROVE. I have some big issues with DE Robert Quinn with his major HOLES in his containment ability but with DE Hayes & Sims present the Rams are Very Thick in reserves.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, Brockers is someone to be excited about. Dude was pretty good as a rookie, which is hard to do at his position.

Like Bonifay, I think this is a big year for Quinn. If he's going to be average in his ability to hold assignments he needs to be a beast with pressure.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Michael Brockers was beast at LSU and nothing has changed at the NFL level...Kudos to DL Coach Wauffle & Simmons for the continued growth of this outstanding defensive lineman...My concern lies with the depth at DT.

Rams are good at DE with Hayes & Sims and I realize that these two do rotate at DT on passing downs, but IMO Cudjo is solid at best and I'm just not sold on Matt Conrath. Seemed to get pushed around quite a bit and did not offer any resistance at the point of attack so I am hoping with a year of NFL strength & conditioning Conrath will improve because unless a DT gets released late I believe the Rams will go to war with Cudjo & Conrath once again so let's hope that Brockers & Langford play 16 games in the regular season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is just another example of this staff doing their homework and targeting good athletes and/or freak football players. Brockers has played in a few different spots in his football career, but finally got pigeon-holed into DT at LSU. Which is fine with him and good for us. He's just a baby too, for cryin' out loud. He can only get bigger, stronger and better.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X wrote:
This is just another example of this staff doing their homework and targeting good athletes and/or freak football players. Brockers has played in a few different spots in his football career, but finally got pigeon-holed into DT at LSU. Which is fine with him and good for us. He's just a baby too, for cryin' out loud. He can only get bigger, stronger and better.

This ability of Snisher's fooled me already completely in regard to Brockers. I didn't like the pick at first because I didn't think he fit the profile of a typical 4-3 DT. Boy was I mistaken. :lol: It's really forced me to cut back on my criticism of picks like McDonald. At least for now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
X wrote:

This ability of Snisher's fooled me already completely in regard to Brockers. I didn't like the pick at first because I didn't think he fit the profile of a typical 4-3 DT. Boy was I mistaken. :lol: It's really forced me to cut back on my criticism of picks like McDonald. At least for now.
Well, you can remain ambivalent if you like.

For now.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X reminding me of my Hew Years resolution:
Well, you can remain ambivalent if you like.

For now.

Yep, I now officially consider myself totally ambivalent about the McDonald pick. For now. :lol:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BonifayRam said:
The Ram Org. sure has spent some serious amounts of Ram assets in this area. The mega $$$ cost of the Resigning of Chris Long (28 yrs) & William Hayes (27 yrs). The high cost $$$ purchase of UFA Kendall Langford (27 yrs,). The use of the priceless high valued 2012 & 2011 First Round Draft selections on Brockers (22 yrs) & Quinn (23 yrs) along with hard working & performing Eugene Sims (27 yrs).

Throw in UFA's Conrath & Kudjo to round up the top 8 Ram DL'ers, I see why the Rams did not draft any additional DL'ers.

This DL consisting of the six above players should be one of the best in the NFL this upcoming season. I would be highly disappointed if does not vastly IMPROVE. I have some big issues with DE Robert Quinn with his major HOLES in his containment ability but with DE Hayes & Sims present the Rams are Very Thick in reserves.
I want to, and think that I will see significant improvement from Langford learning and playing his position. Brockers will be a beast after his outstanding play last year, and a year in a pro strength program.

If Sims can work on his balance, and his ability to break down a little better, he could be a lot better player.

Love the penetrating Cudjo, and Hayes versatility.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
This line is just so damn loaded and deep, I was really surprised to see that they were considering taking Datone Jones in the first round. Have to say I'm glad it didn't shake out that way. Big Brockers has already shown he can hold his own. I really can't wait to see this defense take the field!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
I want to, and think that I will see significant improvement from Langford learning and playing his position. Brockers will be a beast after his outstanding play last year, and a year in a pro strength program.
I agree with this. I think Langford started out slowly last year because he was playing a new position. He got better as the season progressed. I think he will be even better this year. Paired with Michael Brockers, that could be a beastly DT combo