Most Idiotic Media Personality Of The Month

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
All of you guys have seen,read it before.Built out of either laziness,incompetence,broken hearts
or desperation for clicks .Our beloved friends of the media can write,say some of the gosh darnedest things.
I feel it my duty as a fan of this great game ,to recognize some of the best of the best.

Inaugural "President Camacho" Media Award goes toooooo.......
(award named from a character in the movie " Idiocracy" played by our very own Terry Crews)

Adam Schein for his work in
Ranking the most indispensable players in 2016

OFFENSE

7) Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams
The Rams lack weapons on offense, have a shaky offensive line and just spent the No. 1 overall pick on a quarterback who went 14-23 in college.

Long story short: L.A. better be able to run the football.

Fortunately, the Rams can do just that -- with authority -- thanks to Gurley, who burst on the scene with 1,106 and 10 touchdowns in an eye-popping rookie year that basically started in October due to a college knee injury.

I loved the pick when the Rams made it. And now -- with a year under his belt and further removed from ACL surgery -- Gurley is primed to lead the league in rushing. He is the Rams' attitude, with his beautiful blend of power and and speed. ********************************************************************************************************************
Apparently Mr Schein is disappointed in the Rams selecting Goff over his man Wentz.There is nothing wrong
with that.Both are very talented,promising players.The problem that I have with this is, that Goffs college record
of 14-23 is the basis of his argument.this is not the first time he has used this argument.Obviously Cals defense and oline had nothing to do with that equation.Please excuse me for a second while my head explodes.........................
Okay, I'm back.

On to

DEFENSE

Offense is nice. But as the tried and true cliché says, "Defense wins championships."

On Wednesday, I revealed the nine most indispensable offensive players. Now it's time to identify those "absolutely necessary" guys on the other side of the ball.

Here are the defenders teams simply can't live without, Schein Nine style:

1) J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans
This past December, the great Bill Belichick compared No. 99 to No. 56.

"Watt's a major force," the Patriots coach said to Houston media. "There are very few players I would put in same conversation with Lawrence Taylor. I would put J.J. in there."

That's not hyperbole. Just ask L.T. himself.

"That J.J. Watt is a bad SOB," Taylor told the Houston Chronicle.

Indeed.

Despite the fact that the Texans had the single worst quarterback room in the NFL last season, Watt carried Houston to the playoffs. The three-time Defensive Player of the Year was largely responsible for the team's turnaround, following a tumultuous, 2-5 start. Watt sacked the quarterback an NFL-high 17.5 times -- and his value and leadership go well beyond the stat sheet. He's the face of the Texans, and they are ready for prime time as a result.

2) Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Oakland Raiders

Last month on my SiriusXM Radio show, "Schein on Sports," Raiders quarterback Derek Carr told me he thinks Mack will rack up 30 sacks this season. And he wasn't joking. Honestly, I get where he's coming from.

The Raiders are my pick to win the AFC West, as I wrote earlier this offseason. Mack is the most dominant player on the team. He's a budding superstar, fresh off a 15-sack season in Year 2. (Remember the five-sack master class he put on in the Raiders' road win over the eventual Super Bowl champs last December?) And he's only getting better. Scary thought for the rest of the league.

3) Luke Kuechly, MLB, Carolina Panthers
The tackling machine is the heart and soul of the Panthers' fantastic defense, which has ranked in the top 10 in each of Kuechly's four NFL seasons. A three-time first-team All-Pro -- who also has Defensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year awards on the mantel -- Kuechly is a bona fide star. And his name and game went to another level this past year, in Carolina's 15-1 campaign. Kuechly had a pair of pick-sixes in the playoffs, because that's who he is.

This guy is the ideal three-down middle linebacker in today's game, a true force against the run and pass.

4) Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos

The Super Bowl 50 MVP showed his value on the biggest possible stage, flummoxing and disrupting Cam Newton and the Panthers. Nice timing for Miller, who hit this offseason as a free agent.

The Broncos, of course, applied the franchise tag and now they're trying to work out a long-term deal. Miller just rejected a $114.5 million deal, with the hang-up apparently coming in the amount of guaranteed money. John Elway needs to give Miller some Ndamukong Suh dough in that area. (The Dolphins DT inked a deal with $60 million in guarantees last offseason.)

Wade Phillips' defense was nothing short of spectacular last season, carrying the QB-hindered Broncos to a title. And Miller was the engine of this overpowering unit, the main difference between Denver winning and losing the Super Bowl. Talk about indispensable ...

5) Fletcher Cox, DT, Philadelphia Eagles
The Eagles stud never gets the credit he deserves, but this multi-talented game wrecker shows his worth on every snap. The 9.5 sacks and three forced fumbles are incredible figures for a defensive tackle, but they don't even begin to tell the story of Cox's total domination. The amount of attention this guy commands helps everyone around him.

Cox just showed up to mandatory minicamp, even though he wants a new deal. And he will get one. I talked to Eagles general manager Howie Roseman on SiriusXM in May. He knows how great Cox is -- and the GM was very open about the money that'll eventually go his way.

"It's gonna be a big deal, it's gonna be a huge deal," Roseman told me. "We want him here. He's not going anywhere, and he'll be here for a long time in Philadelphia."

So, yes, while Cox might be underappreciated on the broader NFL spectrum, the Eagles certainly understand his worth.

6) Ndamukong Suh, DT, Miami Dolphins

Suh was No. 1 on this list last year -- and his failure and no-show actually proved my point. Suh appeared disinterested in a troubling first season with the Dolphins. He finger-pointed and wrongly put the blame on former defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle. Suh didn't come anywhere near living up to his massive contract. And what do you know? The 6-10 Dolphins didn't live up to expectations.

So the Lions suffered without him. The Dolphins suffered with a watered-down version of him.

You might have to jog the mental rolodex, but Suh is a beast and a game changer when right. I think new head coach Adam Gase will get through to him -- and the Miami defense (and team) will be in business.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Notice anybody missing from this list?? Of course you do.your mama didn't raise no idiot.
I don't even know where to begin here. Sooooo Mr Schein your saying a player who you admit
was a "failure and no-show" is somehow more valuable to his team than a player who arguably
is one of the best defenders in all of football. Mr Schein say's that " Suh is a beast and a game changer when right." Sorry to break this to you Mr Schein deez nuts ,but we have a beast named Mr Donald.He is THE game changer and he is always right.Congratulations Schein
you have earned this award,

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-mack-lead-2016s-most-indispensable-defenders

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-heads-indispensable-offensive-players-again

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Schein................
giphy.gif

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
call me crazy but I dont see whats wrong here. aside from not mentioning tavon as a weapon, he honestly has valid points

as for no mention of donald, thats a bit absurd but id like to think our defense is more than just donald, especially with Greg Williams calling the shots

tempests

Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan of Schein, but he's not wrong about Gurley or Suh.

Most indispensable player on the Rams D, I'd go with Quinn.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I guess these writers don't have time for actual research. How can a line that only allowed a league best 18 sacks be as bad as they say? Seattle's line is pretty bad but no one mentions that. Wilson gets sacked quite a bit.

And Donald is not as indispensable as Suh? Donald is the reason for the ends getting pressure. With Quinn/Hayes offenses can use 3 step drops or step up in the pocket. But when Donald is collapsing that pocket, it forces them to decide which poison to pick.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I mean, it's not the best, but I'll need to check the latest pieces on Fox News and MSNBC before I commit to most idiotic of the month.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

If I could have the ability to make people do that, sort of as a "superpower", it would be fun.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Donald isn't on the list because the rest of the line is so good. This isn't a list of the best D-line players. It's not a slight and I don't disagree.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Scheming seems to feel like so many other media types, that personality is more important than content. Wrong! Do your homework Mr. Scheming. Your are currently one of the worst in the business.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
call me crazy but I dont see whats wrong here. aside from not mentioning tavon as a weapon, he honestly has valid points

No, he really doesn't. He couldn't even come up with a legitimate criticism of Goff. Guy gets paid to write about football and isn't even educated enough about the game to come up with a single decent point about Goff. Instead, he took the lazy way out.

It's why I have no interest in reading the opinions of sports journalists. They know jack shit. It's sad that you have to go find the fan forums to get decent football analysis.

OP didn't take issue with the lack of weapons criticism. I doubt anyone here does.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
No, he really doesn't. He couldn't even come up with a legitimate criticism of Goff. Guy gets paid to write about football and isn't even educated enough about the game to come up with a single decent point about Goff. Instead, he took the lazy way out.

It's why I have no interest in reading the opinions of sports journalists. They know jack crap. It's sad that you have to go find the fan forums to get decent football analysis.

OP didn't take issue with the lack of weapons criticism. I doubt anyone here does.

Regardless of how one feels about Goff, having a rookie QB legitimately can be a cause for concern. Most rookie QBs dont carry their offense, especially with an incredibly young supporting cast. You dont have to agree with a person's points for them to be valid concerns. With that said, I dont think sharing Goff's record in college has any relevance to the subject at hand, but I really dont think you can say it's poor or lazy journalism because he feels the Rams offensive success relies on an all-pro RB.

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's why I have no interest in reading the opinions of sports journalists. They know jack crap. It's sad that you have to go find the fan forums to get decent football analysis.

Thanks for clarifying my point 32.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless of how one feels about Goff, having a rookie QB legitimately can be a cause for concern. Most rookie QBs dont carry their offense, especially with an incredibly young supporting cast. You dont have to agree with a person's points for them to be valid concerns. With that said, I dont think sharing Goff's record in college has any relevance to the subject at hand, but I really dont think you can say it's poor or lazy journalism because he feels the Rams offensive success relies on an all-pro RB.

You said he had valid points. I do have to agree with his points for them to be valid.(to me, at least)

Having a rookie QB is not a cause for concern for the Rams. We're not going from Aaron Rodgers to a rookie QB. We're going from league worst QB play to a #1 overall rookie QB. In my book, that's a big step up.

I can certainly call it poor and lazy journalism when his reasoning for why he feels that way is poor and lazy journalism.

Sorry but I expect more from people who get paid to write about football. Not from Adam Schein, though, because he's proven repeatedly that he's not worth reading.

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You said he had valid points. I do have to agree with his points for them to be valid.(to me, at least)

Having a rookie QB is not a cause for concern for the Rams. We're not going from Aaron Rodgers to a rookie QB. We're going from league worst QB play to a #1 overall rookie QB. In my book, that's a big step up.

I can certainly call it poor and lazy journalism when his reasoning for why he feels that way is poor and lazy journalism.

Sorry but I expect more from people who get paid to write about football. Not from Adam Schein, though, because he's proven repeatedly that he's not worth reading.

+1000
Preach It Brother!