Most Feared CB The Rams ever Had!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I've always liked Dre Bly......he's not a CB(right?) But he should be mentioned.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I've always liked Dre Bly......he's not a CB(right?) But he should be mentioned.

Dre was a solid corner, but not "feared."

Truly, they don't really make them like Train anymore. The position is almost exclusively about trying to stop the ball from getting to the target, not so much about doing anything once it gets there, and run support isn't too common either. Not much of an opportunity for a corner to be "feared" these days. Now safeties...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Please Gentlemen this isn't even close unless Aeneas Williams had spent his whole career with the Rams and Jerry Gray was second all time to the man with the greatest nick name too....Dick "Night Train" Lane everyone else just pales in comparison. And BTW Todd Lyght was vastly overrated IMO.
dick-lane.ap.jpg

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Pfffft Nighttrain hands down..... If he played in today's NFL he wouldn't earn a check and wouldn't be able to play a single game due to suspensions.

And that's not even getting into his baiting and picking off football skills.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
night train Lane was the most feared, Leroy Irvin was probably the most feared of the players I actually saw play for the rams. I believe he was a pretty good punt returner too. 9 TD's and 48 TO's 35 int 13 fumble rec's . couple of pro bowls.

jap

Legend
Dick "Night Train" Lane was the most feared CB ever in entire NFL history!!! :double::wabbit::lifting::seizure::shooting::fighting:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pfffft Nighttrain hands down..... If he played in today's NFL he wouldn't earn a check and wouldn't be able to play a single game due to suspensions.

And that's not even getting into his baiting and picking off football skills.
I'm not sure is his '14 ints. in a Season still an NFL Record?

nighttrain

Legend
My vote goes to Night-Train Lane! nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d81118 He was a Maniac! Loved him! Name someone better, that we had. If you can! Deion Sanders would have been shining his shoes.JMHO
he was the man, the Nighttrain had 14 interceptions as a rookie despite a 12 game schedule. Record still stands, he was to CB's what Deacon Jones was to DE, they set the bar
train

jap

Legend
Wasn't Lane the one who used his shoulder as a weapon??

No, that was the '9ers' Hardy Brown. Lane's calling card was the clothesline arm tackle. It was so devastating to opponents' health, it was outlawed---much like Deacon Jone's headslap.

Last edited:

Philly5

Rookie
Wasn't Nolan a FS?

As far as seen, Leroy Irvin...yeah, that is kinda sad. Night Train was the best...I actually like Dre Bly...damn that dude wouldn't tackle, but could cover.

Night Train, even though I never saw him. Irvin for a guy I watched.

Agreed that over all these years we haven't really had a stand out CB.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Nobody even close if you're talking about feared. Aeneas Williams was a beast, and Todd Lyght was no slouch.
Before that, Nolan Cromwell and Pat Thomas were pretty good too.

I was an Anthony Parker fan back in the day too. Wish we had gotten him earlier in his career and not when he was 30.
Don't forget Rod Perry and Monte Jackson

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Wasn't Nolan a FS?

As far as seen, Leroy Irvin...yeah, that is kinda sad. Night Train was the best...I actually like Dre Bly...damn that dude wouldn't tackle, but could cover.
In 1979 when the Rams ran through a rash of injuries at the position Cromwell played corner

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
As It will be written as it should be displayed (soon) a duo of Janoris Jenkins and Tru Johnson....ya know...just a hunch on my part.

cracengl

Rookie
Wasn't Nolan a FS?

I used to scream at the tv when that fucker would do his dive at your feet and never touch you bullshit he called tackling.