Most Feared CB The Rams ever Had!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nobody even close if you're talking about feared. Aeneas Williams was a beast, and Todd Lyght was no slouch.
Before that, Nolan Cromwell and Pat Thomas were pretty good too.

I was an Anthony Parker fan back in the day too. Wish we had gotten him earlier in his career and not when he was 30.

SierraRam

Recreational User
We've had a few CB's that have gone to a couple of Pro Bowls: Pat Thomas, Monte Jackson, LeRoy Irvin, and Todd Lyght come to mind. But few players of any position can compare to the 7 time Pro Bowl / 6 time first-team All Pro, Dick "Night Train" Lane.

At the time of his retirement he was named the best DB in NFL history. Not bad for a 24 year old walk-on, who was unhappy at his airplane factory job.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Jerry Gray hit hard...never saw Night train, but he was the king of his generation. Pat Thomas was very, very tough, too. Pat Thomas, I met him when he was a coach for the Colts (1998??) and I reminded him of his interception that was in the newspapers showing the ball and smiling cheese....he said 'yeah'....ok, so he is my ram hero! ;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nobody even close if you're talking about feared. Aeneas Williams was a beast, and Todd Lyght was no slouch.

I was an Anthony Parker fan back in the day too. Wish we had gotten him earlier in his career and not when he was 30.
That why I worded the Title the way I did!:D I know we've had some pretty good CB's over the years, but known were Destroyers Like Night-Train!

SierraRam

Recreational User
Jerry Gray hit hard...never saw Night train, but he was the king of his generation. Pat Thomas was very, very tough, too. Pat Thomas, I met him when he was a coach for the Colts (1998??) and I reminded him of his interception that was in the newspapers showing the ball and smiling cheese....he said 'yeah'....ok, so he is my ram hero! ;)

The Thomas/Jackson duo were solid for a long time. Good call on Jerry Gray - forgot about him. It's really tough to compare any CB's in recent times to Night Train Lane. It was a much different game, but I know he could play today - no doubt in my mind.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Who's Jackson? Wasn't it Rod Perry?

(Sierra - my brother lives in Grass Valley - runs a llama farm/tour business)

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Devin Bush. Didn't his agent say that he was a probowler and destined Hall Of Famer? A guy like that has to be at the top of anyones list!

I can't figure out the blue font thing yet.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Wasn't Nolan a FS?

As far as seen, Leroy Irvin...yeah, that is kinda sad. Night Train was the best...I actually like Dre Bly...damn that dude wouldn't tackle, but could cover.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Night Train has to be the most feared that I can remember a lot of things have changed since he played.

I always liked LeRoy Irvin

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I have to throw Rod Perry out there.

rod.gif

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Devin Bush. Didn't his agent say that he was a probowler and destined Hall Of Famer? A guy like that has to be at the top of anyones list!

I can't figure out the blue font thing yet.

Wasn't Bush a Safety? I thought it was Bly and McCleon back in those days.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm pretty upset by this. I fully intended on being the smart ass who threw this out there.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Who's Jackson? Wasn't it Rod Perry?
(Sierra - my brother lives in Grass Valley - runs a llama farm/tour business)

You're right! Monte Jackson was just before Perry. Good catch - I don't research all my posts... obviously :)

There's a few Llama Farms up here in the hills. I bet he loves it up here - I do!