Most dynamic: 2001 St. Louis Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
CGI_Ram said:
LesBaker said:
biggame1190 said:
Count me in the minority that thinks the 2001-02 Rams were slightly better than the 1999-00 Rams. Unfortunately we were cheated out of another championship.

I think they were better in 2001 than 1999 too. Not better coached but they were clicking because they had been in the same O and everyone was always on the same page. Also Martz used the run that year and didn't abandon it until the next year.

Zero doubt in my mind; the Rams were the best team in the NFL in 2001. Had the Patriots not filmed our walk-thru... we win SB 36. No doubt.
The Rams may have been successful on that red zone visit, but it took them 6 tries, and the play used was drawn up on the sidelines. In other words, the Pats hadn't seen it.

But it went beyond that. The officiating was horrific. Faulk was a non-factor in the passing game because the cheaters were allowed to hold at will. The DC of the niners at the time, Jim Mora Jr., after seeing tape of the game, remarked, "You mean we could have done that?"

And not a single Personal Foul was called the entire game, despite obvious examples. Bernie Kukar, the Head zebra, who was responsible for such calls, seemed intent on the officiating making zero impact on the game. So much that he spent 5 minutes trying to get the flag picked up on the obvious Hold on McGinest that negated a Patriot fumble recovery for a TD. Those of us who have braved the NFLN replays don't get to see Kukar and that ref arguing forever because that's been excised out.