Mort reports Ray Rice released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope to god no other team picks him up...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Holy shiznit. Ballsy move by Baltimore. Good job.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There goes my "slap-a-bitch" T-Shirt sales.

Dude should be in jail. Since when do they not prosecute regardless of if charges are presses?

markstewart67

Rookie
Video emerges of Ray Rice hitting then-fiancee

• _Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg

• Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice punching his now-wife in an elevator. Rice was suspended two games on July 24 for violating the league's personal conduct policy for the same incident.

"We requested from law enforcement any and all information about the incident, including the video from inside the elevator. That video was not made available to us and no one in our office has seen it until today," the league said in a statement released to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

Since Rice's suspension, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced sweeping changes to the personal conduct policy concerning domestic violence cases. Violations regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force "will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense." A second offense will result in banishment from the NFL for at least one year.

Goodell expressed regret about the league's handling of Rice's suspension in a letter to NFL owners on Aug. 28.

"My disciplinary decision led the public to question our sincerity, our commitment, and whether we understood the toll that domestic violence inflicts on so many families," Goodell wrote. "I take responsibility both for the decision and for ensuring that our actions in the future properly reflect our values. I didn't get it right. Simply put, we have to do better. And we will."

UPDATE: The Ravens announced Monday they have terminated Rice's contract.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24701246/ravens-release-ray-rice

The Ravens have released running back Ray Rice hours after TMZ posted the surveillance video showing Rice punching his soon-to-be wife, Janay Palmer, in an Atlantic City hotel elevator last February.
Rice can be seen punching Palmer in the face, knocking her out cold, before dragging her limp body out of the elevator. Everyone -- fans, media, politicians, former players -- has expressed outrage on every available medium -- television, radio, internet, social media -- at not only the failed legal system, but NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and Rice's team, the Baltimore Ravens

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Good on the Ravens for doing what our joke of a commissioner didn't have the balls to do.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
something doesn't seem right....and not just this...dudes kill people drunk driving, Ray knocks his wife out with a left hook....and no jail time...Something is wrong in America..where the haves can do anything, and the have-nots gotta scrape by to feed their kids & hope they can send them to college...

GSOT2000

UDFA
Good on the Ravens for doing what our joke of a commissioner didn't have the balls to do.

But for them to only release Rice now after the public saw the video, makes the Ravens look bad too. They are reacting to bad press instead of doing the right thing earlier.

Unless neither the NFL and Ravens saw the video until now?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I never would have guessed they'd pull the trigger. I'm impressed, even if it is just to save face.

Philly5

Rookie
Ravens had to do it to take Goodell off the hook. Example why the NFL destroys the evidence. Think Kraft would have fired Belicheat if the vids surfaced?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
That video is disgusting. Only question I have is how much of a part did roid rage play in that?

Athos

Legend
Good.

It may be as a last resort, save face, don't want fan base backlash and national backlash, but good on them for cutting his sorry ass.

His football career is done. He's hotter than nuclear cooling rod. NO TEAM is going to touch him this year.

V3

Hall of Fame
Ray McDonald should be sweating.
That punk is next.
I wish you were right but I have my doubts. The only reason Rice was let go was because people saw what happened. Hopefully there's some video of what McDonald did somewhere.

Athos

Legend
Ray McDonald should be sweating.
That punk is next.

He did a worse slapping around a pregnant woman. And Harbough had the BALLS to play him. If we get no other wins this year, I really hope we lay the boom on the Whiners and blow them out, with a couple of bulldozing tackles on McDonald.