Morning Ram-blings: Monday game balls/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Morning Ram-blings: Monday game balls
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12142/morning-ram-blings-monday-game-balls-4

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- It's a Monday morning, which means it's time for our weekly look around the NFL with our NFL Nation reporters handing out game balls for this week's action.

Since the St. Louis Rams had their bye this week, there's obviously no game ball for a Rams game but that also allowed me an opportunity to watch some other games.

Some players who earned game balls Sunday who happened to catch my eye included Baltimore receiver Steve Smith, who can clearly still do his share of damage, and Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who backed up his request for Packers fans to relax with a superlative performance in Chicago.

Meanwhile, the Rams' next two opponents squared off in San Francisco with the Niners coming away with a hard fought win. It was a close game and the Niners obviously have some special-teams woes, but their defense looks to be rounding into form.

Now, the Rams get to face an angry Eagles team on the road this week.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of the weekend's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... On Friday, we delved into a variety of topics, including a look at end Eugene Sims' struggles with penalties and how the Rams feel about having an early bye. ... We also examined the Rams' early pass-rush woes. ... Over the weekend, we examined the tough schedule awaiting the Rams in the next eight weeks and how the Rams have fared coming out of recent byes. ... Finally, we offered a statistical look at where the Rams stand in the first three weeks.

Elsewhere:

Not Rams related but because I think it's the best story in sports right now, here's the latest from Bengals reporter Coley Harvey on Devon Still jersey sales.

Some injuries of note for the Niners from their win against Philadelphia, courtesy of 49ers reporter Paul Gutierrez.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas wonders where the Rams' pass rush has gone.

Joe Lyons offers an update on rookie running back Tre Mason, who has yet to be active for a regular-season game.

At 101sports.com, Mike Martz reminisced with The Fast Lane.