Morning Ram-blings: McShay on Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A decade of this system would not help Bradford- and that's a shot at Schotty. The evidence is mounting against Schotty and I'd hate to see Bradford have to go through another change. It's a moot discussion, though, because I seriously doubt Fisher is going to get rid of Schotty.
You could be right. It's all very disheartening. I wish Bradford could have come onto an established team that was ready to roll, but very rarely are teams drafting #1 overall without a litany of problems. Sans the Colts who were a perennial playoff team aside from that one year they relied on Curtis Painter. Who may be an actual Painter at this point. I dunno.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He NEEDS the players around him to do their job.

Like catching the freaking ball. We have been leading the league in drops almost every year since Holt left. No QB is going to "elevate" the WRs if the ball hits them in the hands and they drop it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Like if the O-line fails, he can't scramble like a Wilson, RG3, Krapernick, etc. to get out of trouble or run for a first down.

He's done that plenty of times. Like against the Panthers and got hurt. He'll never be like Robert Griffin III or those other QBs but so what...that's only 3 guys and 4 if you count Michael Vick. Tony Romo doesn't count. He's not a run first guy.

If the WR's don't get much separation, he isn't going to put it in the perfect spot like the elite QB's- and by this I mean when a WR is covered and he still throws it to him anyway because he can put it in a spot where only the WR can get it. He can do it occasionally but not like the elite QB's and I think he knows it which is why he tends to play it safe.

He's done that too. Like against the Panthers. Not his fault the ball gets dropped. Remember the Danny Amendola catch against Arizona last year? That's the example the is the most obvious to me.

He doesn't seem to make the best reads/adjustments at the line.

Well you don't know that, and neither do I. That is entirely subjective.

Manning and Brady are amazing at this.

Comparing any QB to Peyton "goddamn" Manning isn't really fair. There will never be a QB like him.

Tom Brady needs weapons too, and it's not his fault his production has fallen than when he had Deion Branch, Rob Gronkowski, Wes Welker, Randy Moss...

And second thing, your first point is that Sam "can't" scramble. But neither Peyton nor Tom Brady scramble like the guys you mentioned. They are the complete opposite. It's not needed.

That goes a long way in putting the other players in the best position to succeed. He never uses the pump fake or shoulder fake to draw defenders off his targets, either. That would help in bailing out a WR that has trouble getting separation. Stuff like that. Some may not agree but that's how I feel.

True, Sam might need to do those thing. The thing is tho...other players have to make plays too.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I agree Bradford in Shotty's system is hugely a failure. If we had a more West Coast style of OC I think by now we would of had a dynamic offense but he have a old school fisher OC and it sucks ass. Bradford has every tool you want him to have about and I'd rather not have him be a scrambler anyways so he doesn't get lit up like those other tard babies will eventually like Vick has. I absolutely hate Shottemheimers offense but would I want Sam to go through another change? Hard to say...

nighttrain

Legend
"While I don’t think drafting a QB in the first round is the answer for them, they could look at a third- or fourth-round option such as LSU’s Zach Mettenberger or Georgia’s Aaron Murray. Given Bradford’s injury history to this point in his career, they need to have a backup who they’re confident in, and grabbing a rookie with developmental upside could be easier than finding a serviceable veteran willing to take a backup job."
this is what i recommended some time ago
train