Morgan Fox Back in Horns-Tanzel Smart Looking for New Team.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Fox, has one thing Stanley demands from the DE & OLBers Set the Fn edge!!!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read this as Megan Fox in horns and can't lie got kind of excited for this thread :D

oldnotdead

Legend
Fox is undersized in terms of length (short stature and arm length for the position). More than that he's painfully slow. As a comparison, he's slower than Goff. I would be surprised if he makes the roster. He's not a scheme fit in any regard which accounts for his inability to move up in the depth chart. Guys like Jonah Williams have upsides and flexibility lacking in guys like Smart and Fox. Right now his signing looks like a camp body and injury insurance.

With no offseason practices and probably a truncated TC it's going to be hard for the coaches to evaluate the new guys. Given the fact that preseason games might not be played, it's really going to complicate things. I hope that in lieu of preseason games that they are allowed to have practices and scrimmages against other teams. IMO those are actually better than preseason games.

I see Fox being signed strictly as a contingency player because of all the uncertainty.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fox is undersized in terms of length (short stature and arm length for the position). More than that he's painfully slow. As a comparison, he's slower than Goff. I would be surprised if he makes the roster. He's not a scheme fit in any regard which accounts for his inability to move up in the depth chart. Guys like Jonah Williams have upsides and flexibility lacking in guys like Smart and Fox. Right now his signing looks like a camp body and injury insurance.

With no offseason practices and probably a truncated TC it's going to be hard for the coaches to evaluate the new guys. Given the fact that preseason games might not be played, it's really going to complicate things. I hope that in lieu of preseason games that they are allowed to have practices and scrimmages against other teams. IMO those are actually better than preseason games.

I see Fox being signed strictly as a contingency player because of all the uncertainty.

You’re underestimating his veteran presence first off.
He is slow ?? Maybe early in the season,but in 2018 he was going to be a OLB from a DT,because he gets off the ball so quick.

Morgan Fox played well at the end of the season.Like I said earlier that Fox offsets Gains. Greg Gains can run 5 yards and basically done.

You make a lot of valid points .

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fox is a guy I have always liked. He always seems to be around the ball when he's in the rotation.

Ants

Starter

I don't know/care about his stats. I've seen him play and know he gets the job done. He can be an asset to the team. That's why he's on the team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't know/care about his stats. I've seen him play and know he gets the job done. He can be an asset to the team. That's why he's on the team.
This is what you would want from a player like Fox. He has been a good UDFA who the Rams have developed into an effective back up & 3 front DL posts. Fox is not expected to challenge Brockers, Donald or either Ebukam or Floyd, but he is there to provide a solid back up when the starters need a break.

I have not seen this from the Rams drafted (2017) Tanzel Smart in the last 3 seasons. Fox has been here since May 2016. Our DL coach Henderson must have liked what Fox gave him in 2019 after battling back from the ACL tear & surgery in 2018. Having a versatile back up entering his 5th season would bring comfort to his unit. Henderson will have Jonah Williams, Sam Renner, Mike Hoecht, Marquise Copeland & Eric Banks all rookies or first yr DL'ers.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really glad they brought Fox back. He was consistent depth even when moved around. Still might not make the cut but he earned the shot.

Also cutting Smart was a good move. This shows Staley looked hard at his film. (y)