More talk that Lions want to trade up for Sammy Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
More talk that Lions want to trade up for Sammy Watkins
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 7, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptlmyznkntm1ntvhyjrkzjyzzmzin2yzmgezyjmzztex-e1397054697837.jpeg
AP

The talk that the Lions want to trade up in the draft for Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins is not going away.

Reports linking the Lions to Watkins have been going strong for months, and this morning on NFL Network, Ian Rapoport reported that the Lions have told Watkins they’re considering trading from No. 10 into the Top 3 to take him.

The Lions are clearly doing their homework on Watkins. In addition to the Lions’ visits with Watkins personally, the people at Clemson have reportedly talked more to the Lions than to personnel people at any other team.

Still, it would take a lot of ammunition for the Lions to trade up and get the first pick from Houston, the second pick from St. Louis or the third pick from Jacksonville. And the Lions have holes elsewhere, especially in the secondary, that may be more important to address. A trio of Calvin Johnson, Golden Taint and Watkins would be scary for opposing teams, but if the Lions don’t address their secondary in the draft, that may be scarier for Detroit fans.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Talk about a receiver happy team.....why don't they settle down their gun slinger QB instead?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Talk about a receiver happy team.....why don't they settle down their gun slinger QB instead?
Cuz then the fans and media would call him Capt. Check Down and want him to take more chances.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Please do it Lions!!!! Move up to #2, Then I can brag about how I called it in my final mock!!!!!

iced

Cuz then the fans and media would call him Capt. Check Down and want him to take more chances.

And then they'd have countless articles about how they need to move on from him and how they're might be potential trade interest

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Take their 1 and 2 and good to go thanks very much.

I'm not sure that's good enough, and I'm being serious. 10 is outside the "elite prospects". Don't get me wrong, 10 is still sweet, just saying.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Please do it Lions!!!! Move up to #2, Then I can brag about how I called it in my final mock!!!!!
that would be assume and then you could be draft guru for life! lol

In reality I think it might be to much to move up into the 2nd pick with us. I hope tampa Bay trades with us ;)

scifiman

I'm not sure that's good enough, and I'm being serious. 10 is outside the "elite prospects". Don't get me wrong, 10 is still sweet, just saying.
You may be right depending on how the draft plays out in the top 10. If the qb's start to come off the board then 1 of those elite may drop but just cant know ahead of time. I think at 10 and 13 plus and extra 2nd may give you 4 starters (fingers crossed).

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Johnson straight up would be a steal, even without another pick.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ah ok. Ignore that I missed the sarcasm haha

tonyl711

Starter
I would want at least their first and second this year, plus a first or second next year. even then it would be a hard choice IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would want at least their first and second this year, plus a first or second next year. even then it would be a hard choice IMO.

Feels about right.

First, second, and second.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Yup. We'd have to get their first next year in addition to make this worthwhile. There's a chance that at ten the top 2 LT are gone.

tonyl711

Starter
Yup. We'd have to get their first next year in addition to make this worthwhile. There's a chance that at ten the top 2 LT are gone.
that's why I want at least a second this year and next, the top 2 OTs will be off the board by pick 10, Clowney and Mack will both be gone, the top 2 WRs would be gone, still be very good talent there but not the Elite talent.