More on Jason Smith

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
220806bb8a4f4a93a348890.png

If I'm reading this correctly, the Rams aren't saving any money, and Jason Smith's restructured contract pretty much guaranteed he was going to be cut. He was being held back as we all know, and his contract is such that if he didn't meet a certain benchmark relative to playing time, his contract could be voided next year with no penalty.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always get bowed up on the financials. Fully guaranteed means the Jets pick up his salary then?

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
I always get bowed up on the financials. Fully guaranteed means the Jets pick up his salary then?

I believe so, when there's a trade. I think the only way a team is on the hook for a salary is when they cut him and someone else grabs him, allowing the player to double dip. I'm not 100% sure on that though, someone else will have to clarify.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Speeps said:
Rams save $1.55 million.

I say we put the savings in a briefcase. Then, we have a royal rumble with the 53-man squad. The final two guys will fight in a ladder match for all the marbles.

2010_7_12-2010_7_12_0_4_36-jpg-15968.jpg

My money is on Road Warrior "Animal's" son... John Laurinaitis!

Speeps

Starter
X said:
Because it's a trade, the Jets pick up the terms of the contract. However, if the Rams decided to cut Smith, they would still have to pay him, because his contract is fully guaranteed.