Montana: Every indicator says Goff will make it in the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He didn't even know if the Rams were still in the same division as the 49ers?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll take his word over the Skip Bayless's in this world .

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Maybe not, however, if they asked him what team defeated him the most the answer is the Los Angeles Rams.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Kinda makes you wonder if he knew what he was talkin about at all. Hopefully he hasnt forgotten as much about QBs as he has the NFC West.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
It's hard to hate your biggest fan, isn't it Joe? Maybe he will see the light and become a Rams fan.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I liked it when Montana talked about what Marino would do playing under Todays rules. I agree with him, it would be Laughable, the numbers would be so High! Probably 7000 yards passing w/ 60+ TD's!(y) :rolllaugh:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I liked it when Montana talked about what Marino would do playing under Todays rules. I agree with him, it would be Laughable, the numbers would be so High! Probably 7000 yards passing w/ 60+ TD's!(y) :rolllaugh:

Imagine what Marino would have done under Bill Walsh for that matter. He would have blown the top off the league with that talent and coaching around him.

jap

Legend
Joe Cool speaketh: all who have ears let him|her hear.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
16. I might like to like that number, but it won't be because of Joe.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's worse, is that he didn't know the Rams had never left the NFC West...It makes me think he hasn't paid attentions in general, for a long time.

JYB

Starter

That was Joe's way of saying -- without actually saying it -- that he thinks that he himself would be better than Brady in today's game. He knows he's viewed as being the best QB of the 80s; ergo, if Marino would kill it today, it goes without saying that Joe would be even better.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Joe clearly stays up to date on everything NFL... especially the NFC West.

clown

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Joe clearly stays up to date on everything NFL... especially the NFC West.

clown

Montana always came off aloof, with the exception of game day. Still the best Quarterback to ever play the game and it kills me to post it and he never cried like Brady.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Imagine what Marino would have done under Bill Walsh for that matter. He would have blown the top off the league with that talent and coaching around him.

I'm not certain Marino had the accuracy to do what Montana did. Marino got a lot of yards but his completion percentage was always average and so was his YPA for the most part. There is a big difference between what Montana could do throwing a ball and what Marino could do.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm not certain Marino had the accuracy to do what Montana did. Marino got a lot of yards but his completion percentage was always average and so was his YPA for the most part. There is a big difference between what Montana could do throwing a ball and what Marino could do.

Both would still be great, however, Montana would be better because of his ability to avoid the rush, however, Dan Marino had the quickest release of any QB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Montana always came off aloof, with the exception of game day. Still the best Quarterback to ever play the game and it kills me to post it and he never cried like Brady.

I disagree, it was the guy who came behind him, Steve Young. He was, IMO, the best and when you compare what he did with a slowly deteriorating team and no running game it's pretty amazing. Also he played in the cap era, Montana didn't and the 49ers used to buy up talent like nobody else. If you look at Young's career it's actually pretty clear that he was a better QB. The difference was the cap era and as the 49ers were starting to decline the Cowboys dynasty was being born.

I hated the guy but he was the ultimate baller at QB.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hated the guy but he was the ultimate baller at QB.

Steve Young is a jack ass and I will leave it at that. Sorry I'll take the guy what won more Super Bowls over Brigham Young's Great Grandson or Nephew or whatever.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Why was Montanas wife there? Awkward. They didn't say a word to her. Was she coaching him? It's like she was there as a caretaker to keep him from going off the rails.

:flanders: "Jennifer. Will you sit next to Joe during the interview. Just squeeze his hand, here and there. I'm worried he's going to start talking like Admiral Stockdale again. You know...saying things like...who am I?...and what division is this?....that kind of stuff. "

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Both would still be great, however, Montana would be better because of his ability to avoid the rush, however, Dan Marino had the quickest release of any QB.

You guys are crazy. Marino is like Elway, in that he's a guy who could have played in any offense. Had he been drafted by the whiners he would have feasted on shorter routes with a higher completion percentage.

Marino is one of those guys I feel for. He just never had the whole team around him, but was as good as any other QB who ever did it.