Monday's Sober Analysis of Bills Game (With Poll!)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What Was The Single Biggest Fact To Ram's Loss Yesterday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wouldn't pin that pick 6 on Case... I think our rookie WR Cooper ran a terrible route that resulted in the pick.

But there wasn't just 1 thing that created our loss... there were a multitude of helping hands with this one.

Keenum is the vet a d leader. He shouldn't have thrown that. That pass. Better to throw it away.

I think this falls into 2 distinct pieces.

1) If the starting D line is in, I think the game is much less close and we win in a very convincing but still somewhat sad fashion to the tune of 19-10

2) The game was tied before the pick 6. I blame Cooper, Keenum, and Boras equally. Those points started the loss. That was the point from which we didn't recover.

Fisher had opportunities to get the game back, and blew it, but we were already down. At that point your hoping someone can do something to get a win back. The loss is already on the table by the time Fisher is trying to manufacture a win and overcome the pick 6. It feels different to me anyway.

Fisher ball doesn't account for late comebacks. It is all about defense and getting the lead and keeping it.

Ugh, all the choices are good (bad), but I have to go with redzone production being the big culprit. This chickenshit play calling has been hampering us for years it seems. More 7's....less 3's!!!!

Strange that there have been three OCs now and nothing changes, but somehow people don't think Fisher has his fingerprints all over this offense

…..

Legend
@Roman Snow , I love your stuff man, please keep them coming.

Since the Rams are basically an enigma, wrapped in confusion and surrounded by question marks, one can only pose this question.....why on earth were you sober?

fwiw....I voted the 3 D-Linemen. We never would have had to overcome the rest if those three were in the game.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
one can only pose this question.....why on earth were you sober?
thanks for the kind words @Dog This is a fine question. That game was enough to make anyone drink. I assure you, I was only sober when I wrote that, then it was right back to the sauce. :snicker:

fwiw....I voted the 3 D-Linemen. We never would have had to overcome the rest if those three were in the game.
so did I. That is really why I posted this thread. I believe as huge as the pick 6 was, as much as I wanted to go for the TD from the 4, and as frustrating as our red zone non-aggressive play calling has been, this defense was gashed (those first two drives in particular ) right up the middle in Mr. Brockers neighborhood.

They do not get the 53, 24, 22, 17, yard runs with Brockers, Quinn and Hayes in there. That is 116 of their 193 yards.

Credit the backups for eventually adjusting. Most of the game our defense actually shut them down. We should have won this game.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It really cascades out from the defensive line.

We like to go with the lighter, faster faster linebackers in conjunction with safeties that hit. Heck our nickel is one of the most hybrid of all the backs out there. We seem to favor well rounded outside corners with size and speed. We try to keep the play in front of us.

To me, the three missing starters on our defensive line had the greatest negative impact on that game.