Monday's Sober Analysis of Bills Game (With Poll!)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What Was The Single Biggest Fact To Ram's Loss Yesterday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That horizontal Fisherball is always a pick six waiting to happen. there seems to be a close call on a pick six every game.

Hey... didn't I meet you at the Tampa game at our tailgate? ... you never came back from the mall. I waited until 10:30 pm before finally leaving thinking you were coming back. :snicker:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Hey... didn't I meet you at the Tampa game at our tailgate? ... you never came back from the mall. I waited until 10:30 pm before finally leaving thinking you were coming back. :snicker:

You should have given him just 5 more minutes!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think this falls into 2 distinct pieces.

1) If the starting D line is in, I think the game is much less close and we win in a very convincing but still somewhat sad fashion to the tune of 19-10

2) The game was tied before the pick 6. I blame Cooper, Keenum, and Boras equally. Those points started the loss. That was the point from which we didn't recover.

Fisher had opportunities to get the game back, and blew it, but we were already down. At that point your hoping someone can do something to get a win back. The loss is already on the table by the time Fisher is trying to manufacture a win and overcome the pick 6. It feels different to me anyway.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It was a winnable game with our D-line healthy. Everything else was mostly as to be expected Rams ball.
My thoughts too!! But when the Bills ' Nervious Nelly QB' Lined up behind the guard to take his 1st snap, Williams should have thrown the Book at him! " Taylor was Clearly Scared!! And had Our real D-Line been in there, he would have been carried off the Field!:snicker::shades:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
4 fg's.....just a lil redzone production....and we win this game...

pick sixes are killers too...especially in a tie game in the 3rd Quarter....what the hell were they targeting Cooper for anyway?

If you guys expect this defense to play like the '85 Bears or 2000 Ravens....man, they still need time to jell with all the new pieces, especially with the injuries to the best group...but they played pretty damn good...Of course I expected them to dominate...until I saw no Brockers & no Quinn....

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I haven't sobered up yet but my answer is yes

Last edited:

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
(I'm using copy and paste right now, look at me. :cool: )

large-figure-trophies-4khkz2.jpg

FOR THIS YEARS CUT AND PASTE CHAMPION :yay:ROMAN SNOW :yay:
And you thought nobody noticed.

RAMNATION

Rookie
yes, my sister-in-law made me late getting back. I barely made the kickoff. Then I left during the rain delay, soaking wet. I changed in the car and drove back to Jax. overall not a great day.

The Ramowl

Starter
My feeling is the we lost because of play calling. It felt that the offense was rolling, having nice drives in our part of the field, but that as soon as we reached field goal range, the play calling got suddenly way more conservative. It became very very conservative in the red zone (did we even throw a pass towards the end zone ?)
Had we made one of those redzone field goals a touchdown by taking a bit more chances, the 4th quarter would have been very different imho

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
All in all, this was a winnable game until the failed fake punt. But lets get real. Raise your hands if you think Keenum is the right guy to lead a 4th quarter drive in the final two minutes. Anyone?

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn't pin that pick 6 on Case... I think our rookie WR Cooper ran a terrible route that resulted in the pick.

But there wasn't just 1 thing that created our loss... there were a multitude of helping hands with this one.
Not possible.
Don't you know any receiver not named Brian Quick who is a rookie is the fix for the O?
(Blue font).

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Its tough to blame injuries for losses. Every team has them. Of course, 3 of 4 starting linemen is a tough hit. Our defense still did enough to win the game though.

The pick 6 hurt, but it isn't something that's impossible to overcome.

Our poor redzone production killed us.
If we cross that goal line, Fisher doesn't get cute with 4 minutes left in the game. We're punting the ball holding the lead and forcing Buffalo to drive the field.
We need TD's

Bruce2980

Starter
All in all, this was a winnable game until the failed fake punt. But lets get real. Raise your hands if you think Keenum is the right guy to lead a 4th quarter drive in the final two minutes. Anyone?
Are you asking us or the coaching staff? Cause I don't think they would raise their hands either, that was made evident by the play calling especially in the red zone and the drive with the fake punt.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh, all the choices are good (bad), but I have to go with redzone production being the big culprit. This chickenshit play calling has been hampering us for years it seems. More 7's....less 3's!!!!

Ram65

Legend
I voted missing defensive lineman. However, the Rams knew that going in and still had to find a way to win.

Pick six or red zone inability could be a tie. A couple of TD's in place of FGs changes everything. Same with pick six. If I had to choose I take red zone inability.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The pick six was deflating but in my opinion if our starting d line was in the game we dont get gashed on the ground like that. This would of forced them to pass more which was in our favor. But the biggest issue is in the red zone. We can't expect to win games with field goals. If we convert two of those to TD's the game completely changes.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
By the way...I meant to label the poll "the biggest factor," not fact. Just in case one of the mods care enough to recue me there. ...:notsure:...caught it late...carry on.

:sneak: