Monday Twitter reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I don't have a whole lot more to add from what I had on twitter.

The defensive coaches did run their charges through a lot of drills emphasizing taking good tackling angles using cones, not giving up contain and taking the right shoulder when engaged.

Gregg Williams in particular was working and watching the linebacker drills.

It looks to me as if most of the walking wounded are about ready to return.

Justice Cunningham taking Brodine’s place with the early tight ends, Greg Reid and Marcus Roberso out early also #ramscamp

Givens and asst. We coach Kenan Smith out early again…getting off the line today #ramscamp

Saffold still in a ball cap, Pead has a helmet on, I believe I saw Trumaine in shorts no helmet earlier #ramscamp

At least at this point Brandon McGee is a full go #ramscamp

Trumaine on the field with a helmet #ramscamp

Kendricks running on the side without pads #ramscamp

Langford taking part in all Dline drills so far #ramscamp

Special teams drills on the far field…Dline and Qb’s on the near field #ramscamp

Oline joins them….Brandon Washington still not dressed #ramscamp

Saffold at least doing warm up drills with the rest of the offense. Including stretches with his shoulder #ramscamp

Chris Long does a somersault into the middle of the stretching drills #ramscamp

Kendricks has his pads on now and with the rest of the squad #ramscamp

Dline hitting the sleds, no Brockers today. He has a ball cap on #ramscamp

Oline running the hill no Barrett Jones. More resistance today by those pushed. Boudreau animated #ramscamp

Dline very happily working on which shoulder to take so as not to lose the gap and edge #ramscamp

Coach Waufle conjuring up Muhammad Ali footwork today #ramscamp

And for those ho saw the game….linebackers working on tackling angles in a cone drill #ramscamp

Now the linebackers working with pads and keeping their gaps…coaches watched the game film #ramscamp

Frank Bush and Coach Williams putting linebackers through the drills. Williams and McGinnis with the Dbacks now #ramscamp

Only a brief glimpse but it looked like JL55 out of the boot #ramscamp

11 on 11 at the far field #ramscamp

McGee and Tru got the first team corner reps #ramscamp

Shaun Hill having a good day so far #ramscamp

Demetrius Rhaney needs a ton of weight room work and technique but there is talent there. Barrett Jones has th pedigree #ramscamp

Offensive tackle depth though continues to be very worrisome. Person is very slow out of his stance #ramscamp

TJ with a nice break up of a long pass #ramscamp

Rams need a tackle version of Davin Joseph on the roster #ramscamp

Sammy Brown getting significant time with the second string….pass of the day from Sam to Quick on a very long corner route #ramscamp

Just noticed Darren Woodard on the side in a ball cap #ramscamp

Gilbert really drills a nice dig to Bailey. …ample arm strength but he is not looking anyone off. #Ramscamp

And just as I typed that he looks the linebackers and safeties right into a pass break up #ramscamp

Defense is completely losing tight ends or receivers dragging short across the field….no one even close #ramscamp

Bailey, Cunningham, Austin and Bayer all wide open on drags #ramscamp

Qb’s and tight ends come to the near field….working on routes and outs. Oline working on picking up stunts #ramscamp

Punt block routine on the far side….Coach Fassel kicking a beach ball #ramscamp

McGee with a nice tip away on a long pass to Austin #ramscamp

To me Alex Bayer is ahead for the fourth tight end #ramscamp

Reynolds getting some second team reps at tailback #ramscamp

Gilbert not lighting it up in the last half of the session today #ramscamp

He did hit a decent fade to Jordan Harris right as I wrote that. Defense has jumped offside several times today

Just saw a flash of the old Quick…..dropped a nice pass from Sam in traffic #ramscamp

For a “run down” linebacker Dunbar gets a nice drop….bats away a pass #ramscamp

Sam looks left, looks left comes back to Cook in the right seam…..TD #ramscamp

Not sure of th exact number but it seems Aaron Donald getting a lot of reps with the ones today #ramscamp

And the defense is still jumping offside #ramscamp

Passing shell drill….Travis Bond takes a swing at a Dline on the other end #ramscamp

Rhaney send the rusher wide while on the other end Britt shows Quick how to run a dig #ramscamp

The Rams can life Joseph into a guard and Grob or Saffold to tackle…but I would prefer to leave both alone #ramscamp

That appears to be it #ramscamp

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Great stuff JTB. Really appreciate this stuff.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Are we overanxious on d or is Sam getting really good at drawing penalties?

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I hear that the announcers on the game Friday night were less than charitable toward Brian Quick. Especially his effort on an early deep ball from Hill. I don't have the benefit of replay but have tried to remember the play as best I could. I also asked my son about it.

At the time I didn't think anything remarkably bad or poor about his effort. In fact I thought at the time it was simply overthrown and not catchable. I may be wrong about that but seeing it live gave me no reaction.

I have always maintained that in practice he has shown up and vastly improved. But I have also tempered it with the expectation that he has to show it in a real game.

So just what were the comments by Holt and Faulk on that play?

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are we overanxious on d or is Sam getting really good at drawing penalties?

The hard count is definitely part of his game now and my buddies and I have noticed it since the start of camp. But ot be fair or to lay blame it wasn't just when he was in today.

The whole team had to run gassers the width of the field today for all the penalties

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So I hear that the announcers on the game Friday night were less than charitable toward Brian Quick. Especially his effort on an early deep ball from Hill. I don't have the benefit of replay but have tried to remember the play as best I could. I also asked my son about it.

At the time I didn't think anything remarkably bad or poor about his effort. In fact I thought at the time it was simply overthrown and not catchable. I may be wrong about that but seeing it live gave me no reaction.

I have always maintained that in practice he has shown up and vastly improved. But I have also tempered it with the expectation that he has to show it in a real game.

So just what were the comments by Holt and Faulk on that play?

Holt: Had an opportunity to make a play, didn't get off the jam quite well to make the play. Quick has to make the plays when it counts.

Marshall: Didnt locate the football.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not even a mention on how Sam Bradford did in camp? Must be really bad, especially on that drop from Brian Quick.