Monday Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
First of all there were numerous guys out today...some if soft cast walking boots. I got a chance to talk to one of the professional reporters whom we will term.....In the Nick of Time who said none of the injured were serious.

QB-I tried to pay attention to Sam's plant foot and see if pushing off caused him any issues and there were none. I have not heard if he is playing Friday but I would expect it to be one series if that.

Hill had a really nice play that I mistakenly credited to Gilbert. Threw to Bayer on a crossing pattern where Bayer was bracketed and by a linebacker and a safety. Hill just dropped it in over the linebacker and it was about as good as I saw today.

Early on the Rams were running a series of deep out with just QB and receiver...it seemed Gilbert really labored to get the ball deep

RB-I have heard some camp observers commenting on Tre Mason's penchant for trying to cut everything back or to bounce to the outside. Early on that was very evident. I think every snap he took until late he attempted to cut back. The last rep I saw him get he busted straight up the middle, found the crease and drove into the secondary.

They did try to use him late in motion to the outside as a receiver with little success.

Stacy is ready, lets roll.

WR/TE's-Pettis got into a fight with Joyner late in practice....which is time to point out that Pettis still seems to have a role on the team and still has an amazing catch radius. There was a play where he went in motion and tried to turn up the field that it was alarmingly evident that his speed just isn't there. Now that the Rams finally have some professional caliber NFL type wide receivers you can see how his lack of speed holds him back even with his other skills.

Speaking of which at one point I turned to my friend and said..."Britt is the first NFL professional caliber bona fide wide receiver Sam Bradford has had since Mark Clayton....which of course was Mark Clayton's cue to come up and sit beside and tell us...."Hi I'm Mark Clayton." He was in town for business concerning his new electronics venture and just coincidentally picked that moment to come up....that or the universe is calling to me.

Givens was out very very early doing some extra route running work with one of the quality control guys...it was extremely hot and he was working his ass of on pivot routes.

The tight end I touted early Justice Cunningham had some drops....Alex Bayer a 6:04 rookie out of Bowling Green looked much better. He is always out early with Harkey and Brodine.

I made mention of a rookie named Jordan Harris out of a small New England school called Bryant on twitter last week and made a smart ass remark about not knowing where it was....and then promptly got buried by tweets back to me about both Jordan Harris and where Bryant was located....and today he dropped everything in sight so there Bryant.

Oline-Wells and Long took part in almost every drill that I could track. Mike Person got his ass, hat and colon handed to him trying to block Quinn in the line vs line drills.

Demetrius Rhaney has some ability and you can see it most of the time, run blocking is more his forte at this point and in the line vs line drills he really has issues at time.

Barrett Jones sat out the day. Timmy Barnes consistently got turned in pass rushing drills and really did not look good at all. Even the UDFA's worked him over.

DLine-Follow me on this one rep that really got my attention.

Its in the match-up drill, Oklahoma drill, quasi Okalahoma drill or Oline vs Dline drill or whatever you want to call it.

Its Quinn vs Person....Quinn comes up out of his stance and does a stutter step and Person slides to his left to cut Quinn off. Quinn then counters with what looked like but surely could not have been a 5-6 foot stride and got the outside of Person's left shoulder. At that point he planted his right foot and drove to what would have been a sack...yet again of the QB.

Robert Quinn hardly sporting.

Everyone around me ooohed and aaahed even Mark Clayton.

Linebackers-Ray, Ray will be the next one to get into a fight with the offense. The line of the day was "conflict and drama" when they first went to 11 on 11.

JoLonn Dunbar plays a pretty good MLB>

DBs- It was as they all have been so far supposed to be a thud or touch drill.Joyner wasn't the only one having issues with that.....TJ and Eugene Sims were popping pads all day long. Greg Reid played much better today and even had a pick on a sideline route late in the day. He also got a lot of work as a PR

K-Zuerlein got some work in today trying to nail the tower guys.

Fisher supervised a fake kick drill at one point where Hekker moved up under center and Zuerlein shifted to his tailback....somehow I don't see them pitching out to Greg.

Last edited:

PhxRam

Thanks for the report Jim.

Do you see Dunbar playing some MLB this year? Where they in any particular package?

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did not go to the FanFest this weekend and was not feeling well most of the time. I assume the horrible 7-4 loss by the Cardinals Friday night I attended had something to do with it. But apparently JL55 has been in the boot all weekend? I am just getting caught up but Dunbar played MLB that day as well. He looked really tough in the middle today and hold his point very well. They have struggled at times with a back up to JL55 that can play other spots to save roster space. My take is if Dunbar can be his backup as well as one of the outside guys it could save a roster spot.

Alan

Legend
Thanks Jim. Great stuff.

Do you know what's up with Barrett Jones?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Mike Person got his ass, hat and colon handed to him trying to block Quinn in the line vs line drills

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
No other than I was assured by Nick in Time (kind of an obvious disguise but what the heck) that all or almost all of them could have played in the regular season. This weekend was like a black hole for me. I woke up Saturday felt like hell or like a 49er fan and decided about 10:00 AM just to stay home.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I am fine now, the heat and humidity in StL can take the life out of you......

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I actually don't want, Bradford, Long, or Saffold to play at all the first two games. It scares the hell out of me...

I am more than OK with watching the depth guys play.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I actually don't want, Bradford, Long, or Saffold to play at all the first two games. It scares the hell out of me...

Sensibility reigns! I agree. Seems we won't see Sam or Drew Friday from reports read. Time to earn a job for a lot of people. We get to see a glimpse of the future. Enjoy!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sensibility reigns! I agree. Seems we won't see Sam or Drew Friday from reports read. Time to earn a job for a lot of people. We get to see a glimpse of the future. Enjoy!

Appreciate that lol. I already know Sam is dang good, Im actually more curious to see Shaun Hill play a half. Our defense scared the summersalt out of him. Saints D should look like a college opponent. :D

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I agree...it is sad and true.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Appreciate that lol. I already know Sam is dang good, Im actually more curious to see Shaun Hill play a half. Our defense scared the summersalt out of him. Saints D should look like a college opponent. :D
Saints were #4 in yards last year...so maybe, maybe not.