mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thehammer

Rookie
some back story first...Fisher was asked about what he looks for in a vet qb..said experience at winning in the nfl. The availble fa qb's have lots of experience at losing but that's about it

the one vet qb with winning experience with winning who might be available is Foles....Philly needs 2 trades to get him, 1st with rams then 2nd with Oakland to get Mariota. (hint when a great head coach is willing to dump his starter for a rookie maybe it's because the rookie is very good and the starter isn't)

problem with this scenario is this isn't Hollywood and their GM isn't Kevin Kostner. Rams will sign
Stefen Wisniewski..Oakland said he isn't worth top dollar but what's money if your jobs on the line Fisher?Snead are all in....

1, Scherff almost drafted Martin last year..that had to bug them all year and human nature being what it is will draft Martin(Scherff) this year to make amends
bpa is wr but too much ego involved to admit mistakes in Austin and Quick
2. Denzell Perryman...elite Borland clone. Williams had Vilma in NO and needs a mlb who can shoot gaps, actually take on blocks and make splash plays BPA will likely be cb at 41 but again too much ego involved to give up on Joyner
3. Sean Mannion Snead said they need a tall qb for Austin and Fisher said we have to get the ball to Austin and said he hired Chris Weinke because of his ability to develop young qb's....Mannion has plenty of experience throwing to short wr's...working with the vertically challenged Brandin Cooks. As Mayock said watching Mannion throw a deep out, he's really good" My 3rd ranked qb is Grayson and could also fit in here..
5. Tull Davis SLB 6'2 3 246 killed the combine elite workout numbers great production CH+++ very bright
6.Bryon Jones CB/FS U CONN 6’1 196 CH+++ ACA/Leadership captain econ major injured 2014 7gms played cb in 2013/2104 fs in 2012 good athlete strong hands good tackler
7. Frank Clark DE Michigan 6’1 277 CH-- kicked off team domestic violence 13.5 tfl as a senior lde strong at poa some burst stealing in 2012. 2nd /3rd rd talent...if they can only keep him out of jail a steal...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not sure about Sean Mannion, but he does come from a pro style offense and he's the tallest QB in the draft so I can post, he's short.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd take it. Well thought out and realistic. My only concern is will Mannion or Grayson be available in round three with a lack of good QBs. Teams over value QBs, especially when there are so few. I think the Rams will have to make that pick by the middle of round2 to prevent teams trading up to the end of round 2 or top or top of round 3 to draft remaining QBs. Maybe they move back a little and get an extra pick in round two.

If I trade back in any round that is not round1, then it would be for a pick(s) from the 2016 draft.

The Rams are going to have to fill some holes with free agency for insurance.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh, I think everyone knows my stance on Mannion so I won't get into that here. I'm not a Perryman fan. When I watched him play against Nebraska, he seemed sluggish with an inconsistent motor. Don't know much about Davis and Jones. Clark impressed me with his run defense at Michigan and his motor but I'm not sure how the NFL will feel about his off the field issues.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dear God, I'd puke my guts out if Fisher drafted all of those players. Can you add DGB too, just to make sure I'm dead and put out of my misery?

And what the hell do you mean about ego? Quick wasn't a mistake. Austin hasn't even had a full three years yet. Joyner hasn't even had two.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I actually like that draft (by the virtue of the 1st & 3rd picks alone)

I love the 1st
Have to take your word on the 2nd, but they do need that kind of guy
I like Mannion, smart heady player
Anything after the 4th is a crapshoot anyway so...

Athos

Legend
Quick wasn't a mistake so much as they probably could have picked him safely in the 3rd. Maybe 4th. Their mistakes was maybe thinking he MIGHT be able to develop faster. He didn't, but he did develop, and was looking to be a force.

Just not a fan of this draft.

Not enough emphasis on the weakest unit this team has. Offense. This draft would lead to another frustrating year imo.

If we're all serious about a WCO or more run tilted again, we need another, better back to compliment Mason. Mason provides the slash. We really need a bigger back to take on the beat stick role.

And if you think Smelter is a 6th, not sure why you wouldn't pick him.

- Don't want anyone associated with domestic violence. DGB is one thing. And while not forgotten, can be forgiven. I don't want someone though that literally wailed on his GF and had GF's said sisters screaming their throats out and running through hotel hallways. Fuck that.

- Absolutely NO point in even bothering with a 3rd round QB in my eyes. Forcing the issues just because, in the worst QB class I've ever personally seen, just isn't smart. Go with a guy who will actually be of value THIS season and beyond to the team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion reminds me of Glennon, could just be the height. (And all the N's)
He's not my favorite in this draft but I'd gladly support the pick and hope he's more of the 2013 variety than the 2014.
Yeah he had a talent drop off but we're talking about Oregon State here, not exactly a Florida State where they peel off blue chip recruits year after year

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be ok with those top three rounds. Mannion's play last year does concern me a bit, but when you see his junior tape with Cooks as a WR option it compensates nicely. Not all their problems were on him, but he was willing to take all the blame and not make excuses which I like about him. Only real weakness is his lack of mobility but with scheme that can be adjusted for and his height is nice.

Also in your scenario don't be surprised if they opt for another OL in the 2nd round. Value will be excellent at OG position there, and they know they need to get that OL right. Another OG would ensure depth is excellent and insulate them against injuries.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I like this draft - seems realistic to me

But I would argue that I don't think Fisher and Snead ego will have much to do with whom they select. they seem to keep selecting RB's and signing them as UDFA's so you'd think with that conceit they wouldn't have due to their egos with Pead 2nd round selection. I wouldn't put it past them to select another RB this draft

jjab360

Legend
I'd be fine with that, but not excited. Scherff is likely to be a homerun, but I don't even know how much Perryman would see the field and there's a chance Mannion never does if Bradford stays healthy. So if we end up with just one starter and one rotational player in the end, not sure I could call that a succesful draft.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Like most of the picks. But I think, because of his off the field issues, Clark is probably going to go Undrafted!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
-I like the Foles trade idea, especially if it means we pick up more picks. I like trading for the vet C Wisniewski, although I'm still leaning more towards Hudson.

-I like the Scherff pick but do not agree that ego would preclude taking a WR if it's BPA on their board. Depends on what progress if any the Rams make in OL free agency.

-Not sure "Borland clone" is much of a compliment unless you are talking about effort and motor alone. Otherwise I think he's vastly overrated. I have yet to see Borland shed a block to make a play, every single tackle he makes comes from being unblocked. Why he is unblocked so often is the big mystery, probably comes from the defense scheme and the 49ers d-line cheating -- er, technique not letting o-line release.

-Mannion, sigh. I was a huge fan 2 years ago, he had such a gunslinger mentality then he kind of turned into a pussy. Obviously need to factor in the change in team talent and won't blame him totally, but have to wonder how much he was part of the cause or just a symptom of that whole team morphing from fiery upstart to just clocking in to lose every week. The Stanford game really left a bad taste in my mouth, just his body language. It was a game with nothing to lose and instead he seemed to just curl into the fetal position.

-The rest of the picks look amazing but just have to wonder if the Rams have the luxury of going for 2 LBs or defensive line & backfield depth when there's just so much needed on the OL.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Frank Clark will be lucky to be a UDFA.

There's just now way he's getting drafted after this year with all the Dom Vio stuff...