Mock Offseason 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Goals:
- Stabilize the QB position
- Build the offensive line
- Add depth

Restructure:
Sam Bradford- Injuries have derailed his career. Has immense talent. Poor QB draft means we give this another go. The restructure spreads his current pay over 2 years. He has incentives to gain back every penny, and can opt out after one year.

Resign:
Kenny Britt WR- Offensive leader. Has played much better than numbers indicate, would be better with better QB play.

Lance Kendricks TE- Jack of all trades type, has role in the offense.

Corey Harkey TE/FB- Great blocker, good receiver as well.

Joe Barksdale RT- Solid starter at RT. Has room for improvement, still young.

Tim Barnes C- Depth

Rodney McLeod FS- Solid starting FS

Cut:
Isaiah Pead RB- Injury/Performance
Jake Long OT- Injury/Performance/Contract
Scott Wells C- Performance/Contract
Kendall Langford DT- Contract

Sign:
Matt Moore QB Miami- His last opportunity as a starter was in 2011. He threw 16 TDs to 9 INTs completing 60.5% of his passes for 7.2 YPA on a bad Miami team. He was voted team MVP. Ryan Tannehill was drafted the next year moving Moore to the bench. Will be 31 next year, more physical talent than Hill.

Denarius Moore WR Oakland- Has been in the Raider doghouse this year. Career highs in 2012 of 51 catches, 741 yards, 7 TDs. Will turn 27 late next year, good speed and some upside.

John Jerry OG NYG- Big mauling OG with starting experience. Not a top notch starter, but can give you starts off the bench if need be.

Brian de la Puente C Chicago- Was the Saints starting C for a few years before moving to Chicago this year where he started on the bench before getting some starts at C and LG. Gives Rams veteran C experience and versatility.

CJ Mosley DT Detroit- Rotational run stuffing DT fills the 3rd DT spot.

Draft:
1- La'el Collins OG LSU- Big, physical, athletic, people mover. Played LT at LSU. A beast in the run game. Fits what we want to do very well.

View: http://youtu.be/XqwOXmGp2ns

2- Cameron Erving C Florida State- A versatile linemen who has found a home at C. Was outstanding against Georgia Tech bulldozing huge running lanes.

View: http://youtu.be/l-CJ0URg4is

3- Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State- Very good accuracy and ball placement. Functional arm strength. His deep ball doesn't hang up or flutter, but he doesn't throw ropes on deep sideline passes. Great college production. Good athlete. Good size.

View: http://youtu.be/uSZz0Sg8qMs

5- Adrian Amos FS Penn St- Played CB/FS in college. Good nose for the ball. Good athlete. Gives FS depth.

View: http://youtu.be/uQvg4lWBXXU

7- Xavier Williams DT Northern Iowa- Big productive DT prospect.

View: http://youtu.be/LmQ55MMgpEE

Projected Starters:
QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Tre Mason
FB- Corey Harkey
TE- Jared Cook
WR- Kenny Britt
WR- Brian Quick
LT- Greg Robinson
LG- La'el Collins
C- Brian de la Puente/Cameron Erving
RG- Rodger Saffold
RT- Joe Barksdale

DE- Robert Quinn
DT- Michael Brockers
DT- Aaron Donald
DE- Chris Long
WLB- Alec Ogletree
MLB- James Laurinaitis
SPUR- Mark Barron
CB- Janoris Jenkins
CB- Trumaine Johnson
CB- EJ Gaines
FS- Rodney McLeod/LaMarcus Joyner
SS- TJ McDonald

K- Greg Zuerline
P- Johnny Hekker

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would totally sign on for this and have felt Matt Moore was the best option because of age and previous starting experience plus he's far more athletic than Hill. Not sure Grayson lasts until the third, but Shane Carden of East Carolina might be a better option there, but if Grayson does last, great!

Some posters have reservations about Moore, but no body who is a free agent has glowing reviews. Overall this draft improves the offensive line immensely and I'm a huge fan of both Collins and Erving best mock off season I've seen to date!

Rams0307

I like most of your picks, but not a fan of La'el Collins. I'm not seeing the athleticism others are seeing in him, and he ends up on the ground way too often. You can't do anything when you're constantly on the ground.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Goals:
- Stabilize the QB position
- Build the offensive line
- Add depth

Restructure:
Sam Bradford- Injuries have derailed his career. Has immense talent. Poor QB draft means we give this another go. The restructure spreads his current pay over 2 years. He has incentives to gain back every penny, and can opt out after one year.

Resign:
Kenny Britt WR- Offensive leader. Has played much better than numbers indicate, would be better with better QB play.

Lance Kendricks TE- Jack of all trades type, has role in the offense.

Corey Harkey TE/FB- Great blocker, good receiver as well.

Joe Barksdale RT- Solid starter at RT. Has room for improvement, still young.

Tim Barnes C- Depth

Rodney McLeod FS- Solid starting FS

Cut:
Isaiah Pead RB- Injury/Performance
Jake Long OT- Injury/Performance/Contract
Scott Wells C- Performance/Contract
Kendall Langford DT- Contract

Sign:
Matt Moore QB Miami- His last opportunity as a starter was in 2011. He threw 16 TDs to 9 INTs completing 60.5% of his passes for 7.2 YPA on a bad Miami team. He was voted team MVP. Ryan Tannehill was drafted the next year moving Moore to the bench. Will be 31 next year, more physical talent than Hill.

Denarius Moore WR Oakland- Has been in the Raider doghouse this year. Career highs in 2012 of 51 catches, 741 yards, 7 TDs. Will turn 27 late next year, good speed and some upside.

John Jerry OG NYG- Big mauling OG with starting experience. Not a top notch starter, but can give you starts off the bench if need be.

Brian de la Puente C Chicago- Was the Saints starting C for a few years before moving to Chicago this year where he started on the bench before getting some starts at C and LG. Gives Rams veteran C experience and versatility.

CJ Mosley DT Detroit- Rotational run stuffing DT fills the 3rd DT spot.

Draft:
1- La'el Collins OG LSU- Big, physical, athletic, people mover. Played LT at LSU. A beast in the run game. Fits what we want to do very well.

View: http://youtu.be/XqwOXmGp2ns

2- Cameron Erving C Florida State- A versatile linemen who has found a home at C. Was outstanding against Georgia Tech bulldozing huge running lanes.

View: http://youtu.be/l-CJ0URg4is

3- Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State- Very good accuracy and ball placement. Functional arm strength. His deep ball doesn't hang up or flutter, but he doesn't throw ropes on deep sideline passes. Great college production. Good athlete. Good size.

View: http://youtu.be/uSZz0Sg8qMs

5- Adrian Amos FS Penn St- Played CB/FS in college. Good nose for the ball. Good athlete. Gives FS depth.

View: http://youtu.be/uQvg4lWBXXU

7- Xavier Williams DT Northern Iowa- Big productive DT prospect.

View: http://youtu.be/LmQ55MMgpEE

Projected Starters:
QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Tre Mason
FB- Corey Harkey
TE- Jared Cook
WR- Kenny Britt
WR- Brian Quick
LT- Greg Robinson
LG- La'el Collins
C- Brian de la Puente/Cameron Erving
RG- Rodger Saffold
RT- Joe Barksdale

DE- Robert Quinn
DT- Michael Brockers
DT- Aaron Donald
DE- Chris Long
WLB- Alec Ogletree
MLB- James Laurinaitis
SPUR- Mark Barron
CB- Janoris Jenkins
CB- Trumaine Johnson
CB- EJ Gaines
FS- Rodney McLeod/LaMarcus Joyner
SS- TJ McDonald

K- Greg Zuerline
P- Johnny Hekker

As I recall Matt Moore has had a 1 or 2 opportunities to leave Miami for a better chance at getting a starting job, but declined. I wonder if he'd leave now.

Tim Barnes should have wrestled the job away from Wells by now. Might be time to move on from him, too.

I really liked Moore coming out of college. But, I wouldn't want to add him to this team. I'd rather they bring in another taller physical WR. Of course, I want to run the darn rock more and better.

Erving deservedly gets a lot of love, but I don't give him too much credit for the Ga Tech game. He was so much bigger than his opponents it didn't even seem fair.

Grayson has a nice youtube highlight clip. But, then again they all do almost. I'll have to study him some more.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I recall Matt Moore has had a 1 or 2 opportunities to leave Miami for a better chance at getting a starting job, but declined. I wonder if he'd leave now.

Tim Barnes should have wrestled the job away from Wells by now. Might be time to move on from him, too.

I really liked Moore coming out of college. But, I wouldn't want to add him to this team. I'd rather they bring in another taller physical WR. Of course, I want to run the darn rock more and better.

Erving deservedly gets a lot of love, but I don't give him too much credit for the Ga Tech game. He was so much bigger than his opponents it didn't even seem fair.

Grayson has a nice youtube highlight clip. But, then again they all do almost. I'll have to study him some more.
Barnes is a guy to bring to camp and see if he can win a job. As far as Moore, I wanted to draft a WR, but couldn't fit one in. He is young, will be cheap, and has upside. Britt, Quick, and Bailey are my starters. Moore would be depth.

I've watched 3 games of Grayson. He is a solid QB prospect. CBS has him as a 4th rounder right now, but if he does ok at the senior bowl I think he is a solid second round pick. He is a good fit for us.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I caught some Florida st. Games because of all the Winston talk. The guy that kept drawing my attention was Ramsey.
What do you guys think of the kid?

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I caught some Florida st. Games because of all the Winston talk. The guy that kept drawing my attention was Ramsey.
What do you guys think of the kid?
I was disappointed to find out he hasn't been around long enough to be in this draft.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Great mock....I would think we have to stay in the top 15 to land Collins though. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Erving go late in the first due to his upside. Grayson is a guy that is really growing on me. He has some tools but his intangibles are off the charts.