Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Rams trying to move into the top 10. Has to be a player they love to do this. Don't see any reason to do this unless you're going after a Tackle or a QB. Maybe they love Alt here or maybe it's a QB.

WestCoastRam

Legend
To me this insinuates LT. But it could also be they love Bowers, Odunze, or maybe even Latu.

Very interesting and probably has some truth to it. Because no matter how tight your own room is when you make calls to trade up that information can get out quite easily.
Come on, nobody's taking Latu in the top 10! But yeah, I think definitely for Odunze, Bowers, or a LT. Maybe Turner.

I could see them thinking that the field with defense is Turner.................. huge drop off and everyone else.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Come on, nobody's taking Latu in the top 10! But yeah, I think definitely for Odunze, Bowers, or a LT. Maybe Turner.

I could see them thinking that the field with defense is Turner.................. huge drop off and everyone else.
Since I don't know the details of his medical report I have him where his play on the field suggests he is, which is a top 10 pick.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If im a GM, i make every call to move up down or sideways. Because i know it leaks, and because i’d rather be playing with more information.

That being said, nothing would surprise me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant see them moving up for an OT
Throwing logic out completely... My guess is McVay has a bro crush on Odunze. They interviewed him and he fits not only the speed requirement and X role for this offense but he's a beast underneath as well.

But I think logically OT would be in the mix. It has been a problem for Stafford since Whit hung 'em up. I don't think Stafford has been comfortable and that is a priority for them in his final stretch.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me this insinuates LT. But it could also be they love Bowers, Odunze, or maybe even Latu.

Very interesting and probably has some truth to it. Because no matter how tight your own room is when you make calls to trade up that information can get out quite easily.
Please don't trade up for Bowers, something about him I just don't want to root for him but I will if he's a Ram.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
There will be a premium price paid somewhere. He is going to be 30 this season. We might hopefully find our pass rusher in this draft, and then next year take that LT. Bottom line for me on this is we are in year two of a rebuild and there's a lot of holes on defense. So it is not the time to throw picks around for guys who will require their last contract and a high end one at that.
Well apparently we are to get in the top 10. Crazy

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't see any defensive player worth moving into the top ten for. So I suppose an OT would be on the table. Unless they think Jackson has a future at LT.

But I'm also a little skeptical they give up day 2 picks to move up. Their history with McVay and Snead has been moving down for more picks. Although they don't need to this year as much as they needed to last year. I guess what I'm saying is, I have no friggin idea what they will do.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well apparently we are to get in the top 10. Crazy
Maybe so. Or maybe they're just price checking.

Thing with a top ten pick is you have a chance to get an elite player who will be under team control for a few years at least. It's a different expense of those picks to get a young player you love, who fits precisely what you are looking for and will be cheap for a while.

What we need is to reload those star types. They've shown they can find role players all over in the draft but who are the stars of tomorrow.

Also and by the way the craziest thing they could do is take a QB after a move up. That ensures electronic Ramsdom has a nuclear fallout. I don't think that will happen if they move up but if it does I'm going to be enjoying my popcorn. :laugh4:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Maybe so. Or maybe they're just price checking.

Thing with a top ten pick is you have a chance to get an elite player who will be under team control for a few years at least. It's a different expense of those picks to get a young player you love, who fits precisely what you are looking for and will be cheap for a while.

What we need is to reload those star types. They've shown they can find role players all over in the draft but who are the stars of tomorrow.

Also and by the way the craziest thing they could do is take a QB after a move up. That ensures electronic Ramsdom has a nuclear fallout. I don't think that will happen if they move up but if it does I'm going to be enjoying my popcorn. :laugh4:
It wasn't enough that they made us almost have heart attacks during all the games but now the draft? This shit is awesome

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
3 mocks, PFF computer not look that reliable

one trade, stand pat, trade down

download (2).png
download (1).png
download.png

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If they trade up, I think its for: Odunze, Bowers, or Murphy.

Too much talk about Murphy now considered the top defensive player and mocks with him to Falcons and Bears. That said, I'm not for a move like this. We are going to give up a shit ton to move up into the top 10. Stick and pick at 19 and 52 (which both are likely gone in a trade) is superior to 1 guy IMO. And I love Murphy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I definitely could see it being a left Tackle. Although a receiver with Chase/Jefferson type ability would make the Rams offense insanely good.

One take I heard on Bowers is that he’s basically a slot receiver and not a TE. You can get better slots that are actually receivers later.

Then look at value. Would the Rams go up for a receiver or OLT? It seems that every year OLT is always the most valued position.