Mock 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
The Rams still have direct needs at C, FS, and WR. I hope the Rams can fill these holes early while also taking the best player available.

2.5 (37) Pat Elflein C Ohio St (6'3 303)

2017-nfl-draft-center-rankings-pat-elflein.jpg

Comparisons to Travis Fredrick or Zach Martin bode well for Elflein. High character guy, which seems to fit the McVay bill. Not the best athlete but has superb technique makes up for any short comings. Team captain and overall hard worker, will step in day 1 and be starter.

3.5 (69) Derek Rivers DE/OLB YSU (6-4 248)

rivers-all-mvfc.jpg

Wade Phillips defense will always take more pass rushers, and with Barwin and Quinn looking like the only 3-4 OLB options on the Rams they might want to draft someone fairly early. He is a small school prospect and has high levels of production and character.

4.5 (112) Amara Darboh WR Mich (6'2 214)

darbohamara2.jpg

Had Darboh in my last mock, Talented athlete but I think he'd really add a deep threat element that the Rams will need. I think development of Thomas and Cooper would really help the receiving core, but all that depends on McVay and his system.

4.34 (141) John Johnson S BC (6' 208)

John_Johnson_23.jpg

Solid athlete with upside. Played CB, S, and was a huge contributor on special teams and could find his way on the field early as a special teams ace. Then hopefully with time the Rams end up with a pretty solid FS as well.

5.5 (149) Jermey Sprinkle TE Ark (6'5 252)

usatsi_9032368_168381531_lowres.jpg

Solid run blocker with pretty solid athleticism. Long arms are good for blocking and still has ability to add bulk to his frame. Doesn't have the greatest receiving skills or skill set, but th Rams should be looking for a TE2 that can be a solid in line blocker and use athleticism in open space. The Redskins used multi TE packages often and I'm sure that will transition over to the Rams

6.5 (189) Ben Gedeon LB Ohio St (6'2 244)

eec0b03f86afee2400705d33749fadc6.jpg

Addition to the LB core with another hard worker and team player. Pretty instinctual but still could react faster. Could be a serviceable fill in if Ogletree or Barron get hurt.

6.22 (206) Jehu Chesson WR Mich (6'3 204)

USATSI_8908678.jpg

Good size and is a solid option but doesn't have he same pop he did in 2015 before his injury. I'm not a Michigan fan by any means, but Harbaugh is a great coach who makes sure his players are well rounded and play tough.

7.16 (234) Dan Brunskill OT San Diego St (6'5 273)

san-diego-ca-03rd-oct-2015-san-diego-state-university-tight-end-89-f3bhf4.jpg

Making the transition from TE to OT. A good athlete for the position but needs time in the weight room and cafeteria to add weight the right way. I like the idea of him being a goal line TE to come in as an extra blocker. Will need time to develop but could be an interesting find a year or two from now.

I know it seems to be Michigan heavy, but they produce tough football players and I think each of these guys have a chance to battle for playing time early in their careers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a fan. There are much better options than Elflein at #37. I don't think I'd even take Elflein with our third.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not a fan. There are much better options than Elflein at #37. I don't think I'd even take Elflein with our third.

I concur Rams interviewed two centers Kyle Fuller of Baylor & Chase Roullier of Wyoming, my bet is, it will one of those two guys...Got a feeling Kromer likes Fuller because of his length.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Thanks for the time and posting but I respectfully disagree with your pro-Harbaugh comments and personally hope the Rams avoid Michigan players because of the possibility that they are bad value due to media hype.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big 10 fan are ya?
Lol
I love the draft and immediately become a fan of whoever we draft. However I think I would throw up if I had to embrace this many Michigan players and our first pick being a buckeye.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big 10 fan are ya?
Lol
I love the draft and immediately become a fan of whoever we draft. However I think I would throw up if I had to embrace this many Michigan players and our first pick being a buckeye.

Haha actually an ACC fan but as I was going through the mock I just kept getting sucked into these players with terms like high character and hard worker because that's the atmosphere that McVay is trying to create.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep

I hope the Rams could sign a Center before the draft and just draft a guy like Pocic in the 4th round and he develop him, but as of right now the need is the largest and I think Elflien has a ton of fans in the scouting community.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haha actually an ACC fan but as I was going through the mock I just kept getting sucked into these players with terms like high character and hard worker because that's the atmosphere that McVay is trying to create.
Love your posts, keep em coming!
Go Tarheels (In the tourney that is)

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
Thanks for the time and posting but I respectfully disagree with your pro-Harbaugh comments and personally hope the Rams avoid Michigan players because of the possibility that they are bad value due to media hype.

Oh yeah totally could be overhyped because of the school they played in, but especially the two I threw in their later was more because Gedeon was a ILB prospect that would probably be available and has high character and special teams value. Chesson is a talented guy but was not as good after the injury, I'm sure there is a player from some small school that has size and can also be penciled in here

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
I concur Rams interviewed two centers Kyle Fuller of Baylor & Chase Roullier of Wyoming, my bet is, it will one of those two guys...Got a feeling Kromer likes Fuller because of his length.

I didn't read that, I'll have to keep that in mind for my next one

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope the Rams could sign a Center before the draft and just draft a guy like Pocic in the 4th round and he develop him, but as of right now the need is the largest and I think Elflien has a ton of fans in the scouting community.

I don't think Elflein has many fans in the top 40 picks. My expectation is that the Rams would cross-train a much more talented OL if they took a Center in the top 40 picks rather than go after a guy who shouldn't be taken for another 20 to 40 picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'll be very surprised if Fuller is the guy.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like a few of these guys....Damn, this is like a B1G convention. LOLOL

I want someone to explain to me why they like Elflein so much? Not a fan of that LB....only because he appears to be of the 2 down variety. Tackle in the 7th? What's his measureables like?

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I like it.... of course everyone has differing opinions. ... but thank you for your projections and mock..... good job... ;)

Go Rams......... ;)