Mo Alexander

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Realign

UDFA
Just a little bit of info, over there creeping around the Seahawks forum and saw they had Maurice Alexander, among several others, in today for a tryout. I thought he had caught on somewhere but I guess not.

They also had Paxton Lynch in as well.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He's been with them off and on. Now that Thomas is out they are probably looking for safety help.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He's been with them off and on. Now that Thomas is out they are probably looking for safety help.
Would imagine...very hard to replace half of what a Thomas briongs to the game. Fact is Mo is a liability in deep pass coverage. Wade sure did not like what he saw early last season sent him packing.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Would imagine...very hard to replace half of what a Thomas briongs to the game. Fact is Mo is a liability in deep pass coverage. Wade sure did not like what he saw early last season sent him packing.
I thought that he was worse in stopping the run than his deep skills, I seem to remember him missing tackles more than getting beat through the air. The Seahawks must see something in him, this is about the 3rd time that they've had him in.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We should feast on the Seahawks next Sunday, at least on paper.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
We should feast on the Seahawks next Sunday, at least on paper.
I always worry about division games because teams try so much harder. Without Thomas though it would be almost impossible for the Seahags to win

fearsomefour

Legend
I always worry about division games because teams try so much harder. Without Thomas though it would be almost impossible for the Seahags to win
This is a huge game for Seattle.
The Rams could leave 5-0 with Seattle at 2-3.....or Rams at 4-1 and Seattle at 3-2.....world of difference.
I expect them to pull out all the stops.
I expect trick plays and all that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Seahawks workout Paxton Lynch, Maurice Alexander among others on Monday
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/...t-paxton-lynch-maurice-alexander-among-others

The Seattle Seahawks held a workout on Monday that included one of the more notable draft busts at quarterback in recent memory, bringing in former Denver Bronco Paxton Lynch. Lynch, drafted with the 26th overall pick in 2016, was brought to Denver to replace Peyton Manning. Two years and four starts later, Lynch was released this August in favor of Chad Kelly.

Following a sophomore season that saw Lynch get beaten out—and held off until the season was out of reach—by Trevor Siemian as the Broncos stumbled to 5-11, Lynch was rumored to be on the way out. Benjamin Albright, a Denver-based NFL reporter, discussed concerns over Lynch that were based around the quarterback’s love of video games being stronger than his love of football.The Seahawks traded for Brett Hundley just prior to the start of the season, and have rookie Alex McGough on their practice squad. It’s unclear where the potential addition of another quarterback would fit in Seattle.

Among the other players who worked out for the Seahawks on Monday was Maurice Alexander, who spent training camp and preseason in Seattle. Alexander, a natural strong safety, featured at WILL linebacker in the preseason finale, with K.J. Wright injured. The Seahawks will be placing Earl Thomas on injured reserve this week, and could be in the market for a veteran safety.

The other name of note in Seattle’s Monday workout was Chad Hansen, a former Cal wide receiver selected by the Jets in the fourth round last year. Waived by New York on September 1st, Hansen spent a week on the Patriots before being released again. Rounding out the group was wide receiver Keon Hatcher, formerly of the Lions and Raiders, defensive tackle Jamie Meder, who spent the last four seasons with the Browns, and cornerback Kalan Reed, formerly of the Titans.

This is a huge game for Seattle.
The Rams could leave 5-0 with Seattle at 2-3.....or Rams at 4-1 and Seattle at 3-2.....world of difference.
I expect them to pull out all the stops.
I expect trick plays and all that.
If Wade comes up with a plan to neutralize Wilson from getting loose from containment & making throws on the run then this game is won by half time. If not it's going to make us all :sick::puke:.

Last edited:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
What ever happened to MO? , I know the team released him but he was a decent player and is a better safety than some starting in the leauge.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What ever happened to MO? , I know the team released him but he was a decent player and is a better safety than some starting in the leauge.
Mo Alexander has been injury prone since being drafted by Fisher. One nagging injury after another. Wade knows Mo's weaknesses & is sure to go after them.

Seahawks try out Maurice Alexander

By Derek Lewis
https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/Article/Paxton-Lynch-Maurice-Alexander-try-out-122800139/

The Seattle Seahawks may be looking to call on an old friend in lieu of free safety Earl Thomas season-ending fractured tibia but they also did their due diligence on a young quarterback that no one seems to want at the moment. With the Seahawks watching Thomas and rookie tight end Will Dissly go down on Sunday, they'll need some help at both positions; although their replacements as starters are already known. Tedric Thompson and Nick Vannett will likely get the call respectively. Surprisingly enough, they didn't look at any tight ends prospects on Monday, which jives with head coach Pete Carroll's assertion they're fine at the position with calling up a few practice squad players.

According to NFL writer Howard Balzer, the Seahawks worked out six players on Monday including preseason candidate to start at safety, Maurice Alexander, and former Denver Broncos first-round pick, quarterback Payton Lynch. They also took a look at wide receivers Chad Hansen and Keon Hatcher, defensive tackle Jamie Meder, and cornerback Kalan Reed.

Alexander is the most intriguing name of the bunch because of the fact he already spent the entire preseason with the Seahawks before being released during roster cuts. Because of his versatility to play strong safety and weakside linebacker, he seemed likely to make the team but ultimately the team went in an entirely different direction by trading for Shalom Luani at strong safety. With Thomas down for the season, the team may be looking to revisit Alexander as a starter and moving Bradley McDougald back to free safety -- one of their early training camp thoughts that never panned out because of Alexander's hip flexor injury. Their only real current option would be to start Tedric Thompson at free safety and keep McDougald at strong safety.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I would have thought he would have gone to the Browns to play under Williams defense.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I thought that he was worse in stopping the run than his deep skills, I seem to remember him missing tackles more than getting beat through the air. The Seahawks must see something in him, this is about the 3rd time that they've had him in.
Other than his issues with pass coverage and stopping the run, he's a pretty good safety. :LOL:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Seahawks sign back former Rams starting safety Maurice Alexander with Earl Thomas out

To read enitre articel click here: https://www.bellinghamherald.com/sports/article219419705.html#storylink=cpy

The Seahawks are choosing the familiar to back-fill at safety after Earl Thomas’ season-ending injury.

They have agreed to a contract with veteran safety Maurice Alexander in time for the former Los Angeles Rams starter to play on Sunday against his former team at CenturyLink Field. That is according to a report by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport on Wednesday morning, citing a league source.

The Seahawks signed Alexander, 27, this spring as a free agent. He was the Rams’ starting strong safety until they benched him for a game against the Seahawks last season. Los Angeles waived him in October. Injuries during the offseason and through most of August limited Alexander’s chances to win, though he was the Seahawks’ first-team strong safety for some training-camp practices the first week of August.

Interestingly for right now, Seattle’s coaches moved him to weakside linebacker in late August, when veteran Pro Bowl starter K.J. Wright went off for arthroscopic knee surgery at the end of the preseason................................................

WestCoastRam

Legend
Such a shame, he was a great story of a guy who sounded like he finally got it and then flamed out with Wade. Thing is, it really seemed like he was only a scheme fit for Williams, a throwback safety who just wasn't going to work in Wade's system (and his complaint's and lack of willingness to go all out in Wade's system was the death knell).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to Mo. I hope he plays well when it's not against us.