MNF: Vikings@Bears - The return of Sammy B. and the debut of Mitchell Trubisky

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Wait, what happened to Bradford??! Just got home from dinner and drinks with the lady, and I see Bradford on sidelines. Knee again?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't wait to see the ratings for this one. :dizzy:

Half-time:

S. Bradford: 5/11 for 36 yds with 0 tds 0 int's sacked 4 times
M. Trubisky 9/17 for 89 yds with 0 td's and 0 int's

http://www.espn.com/nfl/scoreboard/_/year/2017/seasontype/2/week/5

The questions about Mitchell Trubisky coming out of North Carolina were more about experience versus ability. He only started 13 games. Could his performance in those games translate consistently at the next level? Though he hasn't put any points on the board in his NFL debut, Trubisky has been impressive. He can sling it, and he's mobile, too. Bears fans should be encouraged.

Staying with Sam Bradford as long as the Vikings did was one of the most irresponsible personnel decisions I've seen during an NFL game. Inserting Case Keenum was far overdue, not because of performance but because of what was obvious immediately: Bradford was not ready to play. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer is fortunate that the decision hasn't sunk his team's chances to beat the Bears.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow. From a playing standpoint, Sam Bradford's career has been such a tragedy. So much potential, but if it's not bad coaching and a lack of talent around him, it's injuries ... and sometimes it's been all of those.

At least he made a lot of $$.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sammy to ir tomorrow morning? He ain't doing anybody no good on that dodgy knee.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bradford to the bench for Keenum.

And the world keeps spinning around.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow. From a playing standpoint, Sam Bradford's career has been such a tragedy. So much potential, but if it's not bad coaching and a lack of talent around him, it's injuries ... and sometimes it's been all of those.

Potential means you're not worth a fuck until you prove you are.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.espn.com/nfl/scoreboard

Rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky's mobility added a new dimension to the Bears offense, but the rookie couldn't overcome all the mistakes Chicago committed in the 1st half. Trubisky actually played better than his numbers -- 9-of-17 for 89 yards and 1 lost fumble -- indicated.

Trubisky frequently moved outside the pocket where he displayed his trademark touch and accuracy -- especially on deep throws. But far too often Trubisky's performance was sabotaged by drops and penalties. The Bears are very much in the game, but because of their defense, not the Trubisky led offense.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Potential means you're not worth a freak until you prove you are.

I think as Kevin Costner said in "Tin Cup", all potential means is that you haven't done it yet.

The thing is I think Sam has just about all the tools you need to be an upper tier NFL QB ... but man, Lady Luck has taken a giant, smelly dump all over him in terms of what happens on the field.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
WOW Bogart again with another TERRIBLE call. You don't call that ticky tack play.

I swear this guy only cares about his own air time.

No doubt, the worst ref in the league.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Wait, what happened to Bradford??! Just got home from dinner and drinks with the lady, and I see Bradford on sidelines. Knee again?
Yeah. Knee still. He was in pain and practically immobile. Took a Jim Everett self-sack.

More importantly, how did it go with the lady? Knee to the groin again?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yeah. Knee still. He was in pain and practically immobile. Took a Jim Everett self-sack.

More importantly, how did it go with the lady? Knee to the groin again?

Thank you, brotha!! LMAO on the second point. Took her to an Italian joint and we each had several Jack pumpkin beers with the cinnamon rims.. hahaha... Rim job

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Thank you, brotha!! LMAO on the second point. Took her to an Italian joint and we each had several Jack pumpkin beers with the cinnamon rims.. hahaha... Rim job
Sounds delicious! ...(n)....the beer. Not the Rim job.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/10/sam-bradford-aggravated-bone-bruise-against-bears/

Sam Bradford aggravated bone bruise against Bears
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 10, 2017

859549550-e1507615071148.jpg

Getty Images

Sam Bradford had missed the previous three games due to a bone bruise sustained in Minnesota’s season opener.

Bradford was ineffective in his half of play against the Chicago Bears on Monday night and re-injured his knee before being replaced by Case Keenum for the rest of the game.

He aggravated his injury when he got tackled on one of the plays,” head coach Mike Zimmer said of Bradford, via Courtney Cronin of ESPN.com. “I just thought it was best for him that we got him out of there. He didn’t want to come out. He wanted to stay in there and fight but I didn’t want to get him injured anymore.”

Bradford completed just 5 of 11 passes for 36 yards before Keenum replaced him late in the second quarter. Bradford was sacked four times in just 26 total snaps for the Vikings before leaving the game. One of the sacks also went for a safety to give the Bears an early 2-0 lead. The Vikings managed just three first down offensively with Bradford in the game.

Bradford was listed as questionable to play for Minnesota despite practicing throughout the week. It was clear early in the game that he didn’t have anywhere close to his typical mobility and wasn’t able to perform to his usual standard.

Keenum has played well in Bradford’s absence. He completed 17 of 21 passes for 140 yards and a touchdown in his half of work at quarterback for Minnesota.