MNF Falcons @ Seahawks:Rams' playoff chances

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
First, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here; in fact, I'm thrilled with the growth this team has made. After watching Goff and what passed as an offense last year, considering our youth, and knowing we were switching to the 3-4, I honestly didn't expect we would even be in the playoff picture this year.

That said, it's going to be a tough road to the playoffs for the Rams, mainly because of the killer schedule with which we close out the year. I - maybe pessimistically - maybe realistically - expect us to go (hopefully) 1-3 against the Eagles, Saints, Seahags, and Titans, barring a total Seattle defensive collapse. We should beat 49ers and Cards. That would be 10-6. That would be a playoff team in a lot of years, but this year it's more of a maybe. We probably have the Eagles, Vikings, and Saints as division winners. I don't see a wild card threat in the East, unless Cowboys really catch fire, but the Panthers are probably going to get one spot (they have 3 relatively easy games left, which would be at least 10-6). The other two threats to us (as far as wild cards go) are maybe Atlanta and more likely a sneaky Lions team. I don't think the Lions are great, but they're on a winning streak and the rest of their schedule, outside of a Vikings game, is super easy. They could go 10-6, 11-5, even.

Which takes us to Monday. If the Seahags lose, that's 4 losses, and they still play three or four tough games (Jaguars, us, Eagles, Dallas - sort of tough). They could finish with 6-7 losses, which would give us a shot at winning the division, which could be our best bet for the playoffs, as opposed to a tough wild card battle. I don't see the Falcons being as big of a playoff threat to us with their remaining schedule (Saints X 2, Panthers, and Vikings), as the Panthers and Lions, but I wonder if our odds of winning the division are higher than making it in as a wild card.

Great to be discussing Rams' playoff chances as opposed to who we'll be drafting at least! Thoughts?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well said . IMO they better win the division so that means staying even with the Hags and beating them in Seattle .
3 conference losses already makes a wild card tough sledding . Next week will be a big game . 7-4 with 4 conference losses won't cut it

Ellard80

Legend
Some people are just seeing our record and think well shit... statistically we are just a sure thing for the playoffs.

We definately have a shot for the first time in a long time.. however the thing that hurts is how many good teams there are in the NFC and our remaining schedule.

In most years I would be pretty comfortable.. but not this year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Really, if it is playoffs as the goal, one way or another, key is to have Detroit out of the picture and only one WC from the south.... because only one is coming out of the East now for sure.

So even an Atlanta loss is good. and hopefully the Vikes beat the Lions.

If we are holding out for a bye, then sure Seattle losing is a must and Lions beating the Vikings on Thurs helps.

Rams need to win of 2 of next 3 and they should be in decent shape as some of these other teams knock each other down since many are playing each other.

As for the #1 seed. Philly looks to have that almost locked up. They only have two tough games left on their schedule while the other top 3-4 teams have much more difficult schedules.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Eagles have it all and I don't see anything disrupting their run, even losing Jason Peters has not derailed their cause. Wentz with his running is tough to defense against and the Eagles defense is not only tough, but is coordinated by one of the best in Jim Schwartz. Barring injury, nobody is beating them including the Patriots IMO, but of course Belichick will give a go, I just hope in that game the Eagles knock Brady into retirement.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dont see why the Rams dont beat Seattle, San Fran, Arizona and Tennessee

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Dont see why the Rams dont beat Seattle, San Fran, Arizona and Tennessee

I agree and I expect the Rams to play well against the Saints, hopefully, Webster & Coleman will be available because I've seen enough of Hatfield to last me the season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree and I expect the Rams to play well against the Saints, hopefully, Webster & Coleman will be available because I've seen enough of Hatfield to last me the season.
Full disclosure, I am nervous as h, e, double hockey sticks about this week.
Offense better show up for more than a quarter, because I cant see the D keeping them under 34

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah, we can beat Arizona, Tennessee and Sanfran for sure. As long as we go 1-2 vs the Saints, Eagles and Seahawks, 11-5 makes it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Offense better show up for more than a quarter, because I cant see the D keeping them under 34

I can see the defense keeping them to 24 if Webster & Coleman are available and I expect the offense to play much better, but the Saints have played really well of late although the Redskins should have beaten them at home.

fearsomefour

Legend
Our best shot defensively is a strong running game by the O.
Keeps their O off the field. Extended drives that eat up clock are the key to keeping it close and having a shot. Have to finish the drives once in the red zone too.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Seatle and us both have a tough schedule to end the year . This playoff push is going to be fun !!

We need to beat seatle, Arizona, and Tennessee , that should be enough to win the division.

Eagles are scary , I'm not yet sold on the saints defense but we will see Sunday .

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
First, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here; in fact, I'm thrilled with the growth this team has made. After watching Goff and what passed as an offense last year, considering our youth, and knowing we were switching to the 3-4, I honestly didn't expect we would even be in the playoff picture this year.

That said, it's going to be a tough road to the playoffs for the Rams, mainly because of the killer schedule with which we close out the year. I - maybe pessimistically - maybe realistically - expect us to go (hopefully) 1-3 against the Eagles, Saints, Seahags, and Titans, barring a total Seattle defensive collapse. We should beat 49ers and Cards. That would be 10-6. That would be a playoff team in a lot of years, but this year it's more of a maybe. We probably have the Eagles, Vikings, and Saints as division winners. I don't see a wild card threat in the East, unless Cowboys really catch fire, but the Panthers are probably going to get one spot (they have 3 relatively easy games left, which would be at least 10-6). The other two threats to us (as far as wild cards go) are maybe Atlanta and more likely a sneaky Lions team. I don't think the Lions are great, but they're on a winning streak and the rest of their schedule, outside of a Vikings game, is super easy. They could go 10-6, 11-5, even.

Which takes us to Monday. If the Seahags lose, that's 4 losses, and they still play three or four tough games (Jaguars, us, Eagles, Dallas - sort of tough). They could finish with 6-7 losses, which would give us a shot at winning the division, which could be our best bet for the playoffs, as opposed to a tough wild card battle. I don't see the Falcons being as big of a playoff threat to us with their remaining schedule (Saints X 2, Panthers, and Vikings), as the Panthers and Lions, but I wonder if our odds of winning the division are higher than making it in as a wild card.

Great to be discussing Rams' playoff chances as opposed to who we'll be drafting at least! Thoughts?
Well said . IMO they better win the division so that means staying even with the Hags and beating them in Seattle .
3 conference losses already makes a wild card tough sledding . Next week will be a big game . 7-4 with 4 conference losses won't cut it
I have figured all along that the Rams will Win the Division Out-right, so all the Talk about Wild Card scenario's is just needless!(y);):D

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have figured all along that the Rams will Win the Division Out-right, so all the Talk about Wild Card scenario's is just needless!(y);):D
I hope your right buddy because I always look ahead for playoff chances and scenarios. This whole season could go south fast if they don't win against the Saints. I call it like I see it.

socalrams90

Starter
Our loss is just going to motivate Seattle even more. Hoping 2016 Matt Ryan shows up and takes advantage of their defensive injuries.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Russell Wilson will win tonights game....

Losing at home to the Seahawks was a killer....I think we need to win the division to get in...

One game at a time tho....

Somehow, someway, we need to beat the Saints...AT HOME...to keep our division hopes alive.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I hope the wheels are about to fall off the Seahawks wagon. RW is the only reason they win or have any chance at winning and their O depends way too heavily on off-schedule plays. I think (hope) their recent D injuries have depleted their margin for error to the point where they likely lose to any team that has an average or better pass O and has a decent D that can play contain. The Rams need to keep their 2 game advantage for the NFCW or they could miss the POs entirely. I'm a big Falcons fan tonight.