MMQB R. Wilson looming contract problems LMAO

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
My first reaction to stories like this one (and the 49ers implosion this offseason) is to laugh. And that is absolutely the right reaction.

But then I think that I would prefer our Rams to win the NFC West on merit and not as a result of the other teams getting worse. I don't want the proverbial asterisk next to any divisional titles in the short to medium term. I want us to finish above the Seahawks as they are now, not some version that's been watered down.

Let them sign Wilson to a long term deal and keep the core of that team intact. We've nothing to fear from them and we've proven that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But then I think that I would prefer our Rams to win the NFC West on merit and not as a result of the other teams getting worse.
I understand that way of thinking, but when was the last time one of our division foes got US at full strength? Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than to beat those fools while they're locked and loaded, but it would be just as satisfying to embarrass them while they're fumbling around trying to make up for issues that plague them as well.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
I understand that way of thinking, but when was the last time one of our division foes got US at full strength? Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than to beat those fools while they're locked and loaded, but it would be just as satisfying to embarrass them while they're fumbling around trying to make up for issues that plague them as well.

I've been a Rams fan for about 11 years. I don't think I've ever seen us at full strength.

I get what you're saying and ultimately I'd enjoy success on that basis just as much. I'd just prefer it to be without any question marks attached. Plus going into the play offs from a stronger division, in theory, means a team is better equipped for a deep run.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I've been a Rams fan for about 11 years. I don't think I've ever seen us at full strength.
I know, I don't think I've ever seen a team with as much bad luck with injuries as the Rams had since around 2006.

I can't remember what year it was, but I remember that season when it seemed like our entire secondary was injured...if only that was an aberration (sigh)

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

I get what you're saying and ultimately I'd enjoy success on that basis just as much. I'd just prefer it to be without any question marks attached. Plus going into the play offs from a stronger division, in theory, means a team is better equipped for a deep run.

Ultimately it is less aobut what division you are in than how you do in the post season. The ZPats have been in one of the weakest divisions over the lat decade but no one looks at them as weak since they bring it in the post season. The only time division strenght matters is if you care aobut the "power rankings" and since this is the Pros they do not matter at all. It is nice to come from a "strong" division but will that matter if you get knocked out in the first round or does it matter if your division is weak if you are playing for a SB?

At the end of the day these things ebbg and flow, we and our team have no control over it, the team wants respect go out and win and go deep in the playoffs....the repsect will come.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My first reaction to stories like this one (and the 49ers implosion this offseason) is to laugh. And that is absolutely the right reaction.

But then I think that I would prefer our Rams to win the NFC West on merit and not as a result of the other teams getting worse. I don't want the proverbial asterisk next to any divisional titles in the short to medium term. I want us to finish above the Seahawks as they are now, not some version that's been watered down.

Let them sign Wilson to a long term deal and keep the core of that team intact. We've nothing to fear from them and we've proven that.

I call it evening things out. The Seahawks and Rams had been going at it for a few years now, while the Rams were paying Sam the big bucks. Now Seattle will have to struggle with the same situation, instead of having money to bring in lots of free agents and such.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
At the end of the day, they are paying Wilson big. Wilson can effectively ask for whatever he wants since the Hawks really have no backup option and Wilson has found so much success.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me ask the Board...Of the 7 straight NFC West Titles in a row (1970's), which of them has an asterisk next to them? Surely, there were injuries, coaching changes, etc....for the Falcons, 49ers, Saints, and later the Seahawks? I don't remember any either.
History doesn't remember why a loser, loses..only that he lost...Same thing for winners...SUCK IT SEATTLE!:rockon:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

This!

And This!!

Let me ask the Board...Of the 7 straight NFC West Titles in a row (1970's), which of them has an asterisk next to them? Surely, there were injuries, coaching changes, etc....for the Falcons, 49ers, Saints, and later the Seahawks? I don't remember any either.
History doesn't remember why a loser, loses..only that he lost...Same thing for winners...SUCK IT SEATTLE!:rockon:
Equals THIS!!!
PFJqA.gif

200.gif

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
At the end of the day, they are paying Wilson big. Wilson can effectively ask for whatever he wants since the Hawks really have no backup option and Wilson has found so much success.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
If he was smart he would find a way out of this division because our D is going to continue to pound him and someday probably hurt him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Winning the division is on merit enough. Think of all the times the douchey Cardinal fans were on their high horses in 2008, 2009. If the shitchickens end up with less than 10 wins, I hope the Rams would destroy their asses. Like 52-0. Beat the shit out of them when they are down. They did the same when the Rams were down. Crush them. Fuck them.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Winning the division is on merit enough. Think of all the times the douchey Cardinal fans were on their high horses in 2008, 2009. If the shitchickens end up with less than 10 wins, I hope the Rams would destroy their asses. Like 52-0. Beat the crap out of them when they are down. They did the same when the Rams were down. Crush them. freak them.
I feel the same way. I don't care how or why, as long as we beat the shit out of them every time we play them. Want to put an asterisk next to it? Cool with me.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I know, I don't think I've ever seen a team with as much bad luck with injuries as the Rams had since around 2006.

I can't remember what year it was, but I remember that season when it seemed like our entire secondary was injured...if only that was an aberration (sigh)
that would've been the year Jackson DOMINATED the league. it still makes me sad thinking what could've been with him in his prime had the team at least had just an ok defense and offensive line

V3

Hall of Fame

If the Patriots aren't getting any type of asterisk, why would we for winning the NFC West?

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why everyone needs their contract redone before their contract is up? Seems a little backwards.

I mean if he as performing badly, they surely don't ask for any money back.

Look at Bradford, the Rams never asked for any money back for all games he's missed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why everyone needs their contract redone before their contract is up? Seems a little backwards.

I mean if he as performing badly, they surely don't ask for any money back.

Look at Bradford, the Rams never asked for any money back for all games he's missed.

Well, the players want financial security. In the case of Wilson and luck, more so Wilson, they have been paying for a salary far lower than what they are worth. For 3 years. Time to pay up if you want them to be happy.

If players perform badly teams will just cut them whenever it suits the team.

The rams shipped sam out. And how can they ask for money back if he got injured playing for them?

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, the players want financial security. In the case of Wilson and luck, more so Wilson, they have been paying for a salary far lower than what they are worth. For 3 years. Time to pay up if you want them to be happy.

If players perform badly teams will just cut them whenever it suits the team.

The rams shipped sam out. And how can they ask for money back if he got injured playing for them?

Thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense now. But I still think its kinda insane..if i were to march into my bosses office saying I want more cash.. He'd probably tell me to F'off and fire me. LOL

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
If the Patriots aren't getting any type of asterisk, why would we for winning the NFC West?

I didn't mean asterisk like how Barry Bonds' home run count might have an asterisk next to it.

And I'm not saying that I wouldn't enjoy success if it came as a result of other teams getting worse. I just feel we'd have more respect if we took over the NFC West while the Seahawks are still THE Seahawks.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

You will.
It's even better than you think it could be.