MLB Trade Deadline Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A lot of nostalgia in this thread for Kelly and Craig. That's all it is though, nostalgia. Craig has been absolutely lost, and Kelly hadn't been playing well. It was actually a good deal.

This clears the way for Oscar to complete his development. It also gives us a veteran pitcher that can eat up innings down the stretch. Then, if Wacha comes back for the playoffs, you've got a pretty nasty rotation for October.

I'm not complaining about trading Craig or Kelly (and I would have gladly added Martinez and Piscotty if it was for Price). I'm complaining about who we traded them for. Lackey is one of the main culprits for the downfall of the Red Sox in both of those lost seasons. He whined his way out of Angels organization, he's thirty-six years old, has already had Tommy John, and this is the guy that Mo apparently wants around people like Wacha and Miller and any other young pitcher who's just coming up? Not the second-most dominant lefty in the game? (Apparently, Tampa was asking for Piscotty and Martinez as well as Craig and Kelly, and Mo refused. I mean, what the fuck? We have a shit ton of outfielders in our system, and you're refusing to give up someone who isn't even on the forty-man roster yet?)

This is - without a doubt - the worst trade I've seen the Cardinals make in twenty-three years of fanhood. It disgusts me to see the Tigers give up less for yet another top-of-the-rotation starter than we gave up for an over-the-hill, cancerous innings-eater?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Being a Pirates fan, this deadline rarely means anything to me since they never seem to make a big move here unless they are having a fire sale. I do kinda like the Cardinals trade :p.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
As a Red Sox fan, I might be able to shed some light on Lackey. Im not Lackey fan but he was not as bad as some might think. He was part of the beer and chicken but so was Lester. The entire pitching staff tanked that year. Lackey pitched threw injury, although it was probably because of the 500K clause in his contract. But when he came back from that, he came back in shape and for the past year and half has been the pitcher Boston thought they signed.

Lackey was a very popular player in the locker room. He was not a cancer and if you want to blame him for beer and chicken you also have to give him credit for the 2013 WS. He was never happy in Boston and got booed for 2 years (deserving so I will add).

Lackey stepped up last year in the Sox World Series run and I would expect the same this year for the Cardinals.

I think as the season goes on, Cardinal fans will start to like Lackey, I really think the perception of him is not the reality.