Mizzou Tigers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamPower44

UDFA
Name
Marco
Man I think they can beat Bama. Key is letting the offense get a off to a fast start and cause Bama to make mistakes on offense.

FRO

Legend
Had Arkansas's QB didn't suck I'm not sure if they could be them. I don't think they have much of a chance vs Bama.

Athos

Legend
Had Arkansas's QB didn't suck I'm not sure if they could be them. I don't think they have much of a chance vs Bama.

You aren't very familiar with Mizzou's defense then. Ar-KANSAS' QB isn't all that hot in the first place anyway.

And we most certainly have a chance against Bama. We aren't playing them in Tuscaloosa.

FRO

Legend
You aren't very familiar with Mizzou's defense then. Ar-KANSAS' QB isn't all that hot in the first place anyway.

And we most certainly have a chance against Bama. We aren't playing them in Tuscaloosa.
I saw the Arkansas QB miss terribly on some easy passes. Mizzou's defense is great, however their QB helped them.

Athos

Legend
Probably because their QB got his ass knocked around in that game.

11 hits I believe it was, even if no sacks were registered.

MU's D-Line will be the best unit Alabama has faced all season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Missouri isn't beating Alabama. Alabama has too much firepower on offense and Maty Mauk sucks.

duckhunter

Starter
Missouri isn't beating Alabama. Alabama has too much firepower on offense and Maty Mauk sucks.

I wouldn't be too hasty. Sooner or later, MU's D will make a believer out of people. I do agree the key to the game for MU is Maty not sucking.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't be too hasty. Sooner or later, MU's D will make a believer out of people. I do agree the key to the game for MU is Maty not sucking.

I think I'm right to be hasty here. MU's D isn't the problem. The problem is that I don't believe in their offense. Alabama will score some points. Gotta have an O that can keep up.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I agree that Mauk is terrible, but so long as Mizzou can focus on their running game (lean heavily on Murphy and Hansbrough), throw quick passes to Sasser, Hunt, and White, pressure Alabama's line with Ray, Golden, Brantley, and Augusta, and limit what Cooper and the running game can do, I think that we have at least a chance.

I'm not expecting anything either way, but anything can happen in college football.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'll be rooting for them, but minus some good bounces/turnovers, this game won't even be close, IMO.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I was encouraged by Mauk's play against Arkansas. He was much more poised in the face of pressure. Anomaly or turning the corner? Sims just came off throwing 3 picks against a terrible defense in Auburn. I think it'll come down to the Tigers being able to stop the run.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I was encouraged by Mauk's play against Arkansas. He was much more poised in the face of pressure. Anomaly or turning the corner? Sims just came off throwing 3 picks against a terrible defense in Auburn. I think it'll come down to the Tigers being able to stop the run.

Sims dominated after throwing that third pick...and he still has Amari Cooper. If Mizzou can't limit Cooper, then the Tide will roll all over us, no matter what we do.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
We'll see. The rest of the world will be glad to give unsolicited advice, anecdotes and stats about how MU doesn't deserve to be on the same field as Alabama. I had to listen to all that crap from Danielson during last year's game during Auburn long before the outcome was decided. Cooper is good, but he relies on lesser talent to get him time and the ball, and that gives the Tigers a chance. That's why I think the run defense will be key, because it feeds into the Tigers greatest strength for Alabama to have Sims drop back and win by through the air. Will it be enough? Saturday night will tell.

Athos

Legend

I'll take that bet.

Word is, Mauk has been playing the entire season since after that UCF game with a shoulder stinger (pretty much) according to Pinkel. He's been much better of late.

I'm no Mauk fan, but it's high idiocy to count out this Tiger team this season.....people have done it since the UGA game and been proven embarrassingly wrong each week.

duckhunter

Starter
I think I'm right to be hasty here. MU's D isn't the problem. The problem is that I don't believe in their offense. Alabama will score some points. Gotta have an O that can keep up.

I believe we had this same conversation last year before the conference championship game and you were right. But the unbelievable problem then was Les Stoeckel's surprise, out of nowhere 3-4 defense he tried to run last year against Auburn. Maty played reasonably well and the D sucked canal water.

My turn to be right, :LOL:.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll take that bet.

Word is, Mauk has been playing the entire season since after that UCF game with a shoulder stinger (pretty much) according to Pinkel. He's been much better of late.

I'm no Mauk fan, but it's high idiocy to count out this Tiger team this season.....people have done it since the UGA game and been proven embarrassingly wrong each week.

Tell Rams and Gators to get that game up. I'll put money down on Bama. (y)

Who have you guys played since UGA? You've played mid tier and bottom feeding SEC teams. Georgia is the only team all year that you've played that is currently ranked...and you lost to them 34-0.

Athos

Legend
MU at +15.5? Easy ROD coin, bro. You're on.

And again, Zou has the best D-Line Bama has faced all year. They haven't done shit on offense against the better defenses they've faced this year.

Ole Miss? 17 points.

Arkansas? 14 points.

LSU? 20 points.

MSST? 25.

Common opponents are: UF, aTm, Ar-Kansas, UT.

And we faced aTm and Ar-Kansas when they were on a roll.

42-13 / 42-21
21 - 14 / 14-13
34 - 27 / 59 - 0
29 - 21 / 34 - 20 (though it took UT a fake FG and facing a prevent D to score 14 pts. Our game wasn't even close to being as close as the final score dictates).

Count on a low scoring game until the 4th QTR and whichever D has been on the field the longest....probably gives up the game winner.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What?

So now you want the 15.5 points? I thought you were taking Missouri over Alabama...not Missouri over the 15.5 spread.

howski3318

Rookie
If I recall Mizzou's best corner was suspended indefinitely so it makes it even harder to contain Cooper. I will be rooting for them but I don't see it much closer than a two possession game right now.

Athos

Legend
What?

So now you want the 15.5 points? I thought you were taking Missouri over Alabama...not Missouri over the 15.5 spread.

I figured we'd have the full line like we do in every NFL game. I plan on betting MU to win clean, but my betting seems cursed. Gotta have an insurance policy.

If I recall Mizzou's best corner was suspended indefinitely so it makes it even harder to contain Cooper. I will be rooting for them but I don't see it much closer than a two possession game right now.

Um, no. He was suspended 1 game a few weeks ago. And that was Penton. Dennis is the one who will likely be on Cooper.