Mixture : Injuries, Gameplan, Penalties & No Adjustments

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Forgive me if I try touching nerves we'd all like not touching. This RAMS team can afford missing one starting DE but not Both. Hayes and his 3 offsides is a very good 20-30 play guy but not 60. Same with Simms . Enjoyed a small glimpse of the future with Longacre actually having to play and showed a little something.

Aaron Donald was not the one being doubled on the Bridgewater TD when AD tried a spin move that opened the big hole TB ran for a TD on. Forgive me for saying anything bad about AD as he was doubled all day and with NOT MUCH to very Little outside pressure we could not run our normal Defense. The game play of Tim McDonald and his very high play was missed SO Much when Mo Alexander without the PT and the ability to read and know what to expect and we missed his Big Hits Early and Often.

Rob Havenstein missing with an achilles is not good having to move 3 players and start another rookie in Donnal next to G. Rob and Barnes as J. Brown and Reynolds on the right side had help from Harkey,Cunningham, Te's and Gurley picked up a couple good blitzes today. No holes up the middle yet Cignetti kept trying to pop a miracle like last weeks 71 yarder. Yet only one sack and lots of wasted time as Play Action gave Nick lots of time and being a first read guy the extra time is a waste. Why can't Weinke help Foles throw more than the two successfull throws we had over the middle.

I'm worried this very simple offense that Cig did NO adjustment to at halftime is gonna wear out little tavon Austin and Todd Gurley as we have to add the players the coaches added to this team into the offense that is last in the league. Right now we are not playing Playoff football and the penalties are rising again as they usually do with this team. I refuse to use the youth excuse because the players with penalties are the same culprits. Poor coaching in so many area's .You can spread the blame as far as you want.

We play for Field Goals instead of TD's and the Win. We all knew whoever won the OT coinflip would win the game. The only drive scored headed into the Wind was aided by all the penalties and the TB hit. Many saw Blocking in the Back on two returns near OOB line yet our guys not wanting to draw a 15 yarder let the guy go.SMH. Yet the flags stayed safe in the refs pockets. The refs have WAY TO BIG of a say in these Big games.NFL is sad.

We all knew it would be a close game and after a 5 point halftime lead I expected some new routes,targets and options to get Gurley Free. We saw the same plays as I guess Cig must have thought with that 5 point lead he had the right formula. The vikes adjusted and Greenway and a few other vikes made all the last man tackles we have normally broke free from this year and we were back to doing silly same thing with NO ADJUSTMENT up until the end of the game.

Yes if Nick Foles had seen Britt running Free on play one things would have started differently. We did get that play later. Quick was running free but it was in the Danger Zone Foles will not throw too(The Middle). Tavon Austin dropped a pass that would have extended a drive into the wind. WR's just don't have enough targets to ever get a rythym. Nick basically throws to 2 people and he avg. 3.5 yards with his one long pass removed which I won't as even with it we need soo much more to crawl out of the NFL offensive basement.

We play with the smallest room for error as any team in the league. Its just too much pressure until we make changes. These changes can be suggested all the way to our .500 avg coach. Foles just does not see the SLANTS every other successfull passing offense uses with impunity. Until we start using them it won't matter what WR's we have. We are not a well coached bunch.DUH. We have the talent others could do so much more with. Its such a shame. We keep shooting ourselves in the same places and we will Never get the Refs to help us again like the quick whistle that saved the Cardinals game on Cunninghams fumble. After TB went out the refs had it in for us. Their emotions should not be part of the game and deciding factors. Jenkins had a good game with some hits but he was no Revis today either.

The health of our team going forward is very important. Hope we know more about our major outs till gametime this week. I like ALL of us as a 50+ year RAMS fan wanted this one more as the vikes were a major part of my early RAM rooting. A Major Nemisis. At my age and health I may not get many more shots to kick their asses and get to celebrate. This hurts me even more than our washington Nightmare. We SHOULD have won this before OT. In many ways. Even shorthanded. Sorry for the excuses for those of you who hate them. LOVE MY RAMS TOO Much.

Do we try to make the playoffs to lose 1 and done away or play some of our guys too much in this same scheme and lose while using them up. Open the playbook? What are your suggestions? Force Foles to do what he is not comfortable doing? (Thats Me). GOD BLESS YOU ALL. I know your pain.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Nice Job on the breakdown @GabesHorn. This one hurt for me because for the first time in many a year we are in the hunt in week 9 going into a place we should be able to compete and my belief that the playoffs are a tangible reality. We beat ourselves giving free first downs and short yardage situations and squandering our own opportunities. It hurts because we are "close" but I believe we will need some added talent and a less conservative approach on offense. O line continuity and experience will go far in evolving our approach.

fearsomefour

Legend
The refs had a very inconsistent game.
If the refs had it in for us they would not have reversed the PI call on Johnson on his pick in the end zone.
Longacre did make some nice plays today.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If the refs had it in for us they would not have reversed the PI call on Johnson on his pick in the end zone.

I don't necessarily think they had it in for us today, but they missed a number of false starts on the Vikings O and two different blocks in the back on punt returns. And TruJo got screwed later on a terrible defensive holding call, which ironically, aided the continuance of the series that saw Bridgewater get KO'd.

We'll just say that the Vikes might have benefited more from the incompetence of the crew and leave it at that ;)

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't necessarily think they had it in for us today, but they missed a number of false starts on the Vikings O and two different blocks in the back on punt returns. And TruJo got screwed later on a terrible defensive holding call, which ironically, aided the continuance of the series that saw Bridgewater get KO'd.

We'll just say that the Vikes might have benefited more from the incompetence of the crew and leave it at that ;)
Agreed.
The uncalled blocks in the back were obvious ones....lame because it is hard to find a punt without a flag.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I believe the head ref was ready to call the PI on TJ and yo could see the shock on his face when told it was OPI. I know the TWO uncalled Block in the back returns that were awesome kicks by Hekker and he helps so much and when they were not called as everyone just let Patterson tightrope the OOB line. The refs were in a groupthink after those two. Then they missed the OBVIOUS GROUNDING that they called us , yet let their GROUNDING GO for that stalled another drive With the win. I was LIVID. It was Homecookin like I had not seen since a Highschool game in Florida. The refs all thought we were a dirty team. I saw it as an old man who is very perceptive after 50+ years of this nonsense.

We need to try and recapture the "D" Magic next season with depth as we see what sudden injuries can do to a team. Yet I know Cignetti who figured how to get Tavon austin the ball but him and Boras have NO CLUE about the rest of our offense. Shame Nick is missing the ability to READ PERIOD. You would think with being 6'6" he could see downfield free runners. He missed Britt, Qick and many more. He's a basic first read game manager who is AFRAID of the middle of the field. A first year QB coach hand picked by Fisher who has NO Playoff NFL Experience can't help 9 weeks into the season and ALL of the pre-season. I want some changes but don't see any coming. Fisher just does not understand TODAYS NFL Passing Offense PERIOD. Nice man though. Bad hires by Fisher are at Peak level. We know the owner don't care.

I want to see our injury report as we will be missing Joyner next week for sure. Hope its just one game. I like Joyner as I live here at FSU. He is not a dirty player. I predicted TB would be taken out . Somehow I knew one of our Missile DB's would take him out with some kind of hit. Never thought on a slide.