Mixed emotion about the release of so many players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
As long as there are horns on the helmets and blue in the uniform I'll never be cured. Simple stuff. Ultimately my fandom is not that complicated...or is it?

There is so much turn-over on this team since the McVay hire, I don't feel like I know this team.

I'm a little bummed that I can't "shoot the shit" ~bar stool style~ about this team with fellow posters like days past.

Instead I find myself checking in here everyday just to stay informed about this team. It's the only way I'll eventually get to know them.

As much as I'm sad to see so many of the players I've rooted for go, I ultimately do need more "thrill of victories" in 2017.

I'm going to chalk the mixed emotion I'm feeling lately as strait up flatulence.

hh72g.jpg

Go Rams!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Agreed. You rooted for them because they were Rams. Now they are no longer a Ram. Some will follow their careers on other teams, and others won't care because they are no longer a Ram.

Warner, Bradford, Cook, Laurenitus, Long, Amendola.... all were posted and followed here in the past even though they were no longer on the team.... the trend will continuie

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I get it but this is really par for the course.

Having the team move out of my state and releasing my two favorite Rams before choking their way to a 4-12 season had me as dis-enchanted as I could be without giving up on them entirely.

Ill miss Hayes and Sims. I really like Bam Bam too.

But Ogletree, Brockers, Donald, Hekker, Quinn, Joyner, Gurley, Tavon, Greg the Leg....
For me, there are still plenty of guys I love to watch and they are still the RAMS. Forever linked to a fraternity with my favorite players of all time.
Now, Whitworth and Woods are guys I think we will enjoy getting familiar with. Hopefully Connor Barwin as well.

And there is a young QB on our team that I have my eye on and I hope I get used to seeing him throw 6's and stack W's for years to come.

McVays Rams will be "our Rams" soon enough.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I appointed the previous two posts both as thread winners. I'm a renegade.

It's definitely time for a change. I think Bam Bam is overrated a tad bit by us Rams fans. It happens.

I do like how Snead seems to have a little bit more freedom. I can't wait till draft day to see what these guys pull off.

Goff, Gurley, Austin, Donald, Quinn and Ogletree are the faces of this franchise. That's a very nice lineup, fellas.

Ram65

Legend
As long as there are horns on the helmets and blue in the uniform I'll never be cured. Simple stuff. Ultimately my fandom is not that complicated...or is it?

There is so much turn-over on this team since the McVay hire, I don't feel like I know this team.

I'm a little bummed that I can't "shoot the crap" ~bar stool style~ about this team with fellow posters like days past.

Instead I find myself checking in here everyday just to stay informed about this team. It's the only way I'll eventually get to know them.

As much as I'm sad to see so many of the players I've rooted for go, I ultimately do need more "thrill of victories" in 2017.

I'm going to chalk the mixed emotion I'm feeling lately as strait up flatulence.

hh72g.jpg

Go Rams!

Yo Alaska isn't the sunshine lasting a little long up north?

There is more sunshine in SoCal! We have had some great discussions on cuts and non-resigns. Cunningham could be the most missed by many on the board. Kendricks was less liked but, had many devoted fans. I'm not sure about Hayes and Simms but, I think most now think it's a good idea the Rams move on.. Without a doubt this Rams team is better with Whitworth, Woods, Dunbar and keeping Easley. If the Bills don't match the Groy signing and Connor Barwin signs this will be the best off season since trading for Marshall Faulk. The collective bargaining agreement and free agency have made short time roster turnarounds expected and even necessary. As badnews mentioned the core players are still here. I throw in the potential of Goff.
But Ogletree, Brockers, Donald, Hekker, Quinn, Joyner, Gurley, Tavon, Greg the Leg....
For me, there are still plenty of guys I love to watch and they are still the RAMS. Forever linked to a fraternity with my favorite players of all time.

All in all it's been great reading posts about he departed before and after they left. It's also been great reading posts about the new signings. This follows the revamped and much improve coaching staff changes. It's time for a new chapter in our Rams history. It has to be better than the last three!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It's football, ... out with the old, in with the new. A time honored tradition. While we'll always miss those fan favorites we've come to love & respect, we've now got a coach ready & prepared to send a message, both to the league and to his own players. I'm loving the culture change being employed, we will not be a team of losers, we will do what we were brought here to do, and expectations will be high.
Sims wrote a wonderful letter to the Rams, here's a guy who may struggle for his next job, but he understands and hopes the Rams have a bright future. It was pretty classy imo.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...goodbye-letter-to-the-rams.48820/#post-877645

Rams43

Hall of Fame

I'm a little bummed that I can't "shoot the crap" ~bar stool style~ about this team with fellow posters like days past.

hh72g.jpg

Go Rams!

Very understandable, Alaskan. I think we're all feeling a little bit that way.

But look at it like this. We were 4-12 last year. Major changes were inevitable.

Besides, it's not as if they're releasing Jack Youngbloods or Eric Dickerson's here.

This team is adding new starters of high character via FA. Probably more of the same via draft.

They will be easy players to root for, I'm sure.

No worries.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am ecstatic about it personally. Only cut I didn't like was Hayes, where the Dolphins got the trade of the year just about, but I understand it.

All those moves were warranted. In fact it was a breath of fresh air to see underwhelming check collectors finally cast loose, dudes who have been holding this team back like Kendricks. Good effin riddance and better days ahead.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
The head scratcher for me is Hayes, a solid DE who im sure could've helped out in the new scheme. All the releases are more than likely just salary dumps to sign AD to an extension.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Nothing compares to how I felt when Sjax went to the Falcons, so this or last offseason doesn't affect me at all.

(I'm 25 guys, don't judge. He's the first Ram I really followed from start to finish)

ViennaMax

Rookie
Nothing compares to how I felt when Sjax went to the Falcons, so this or last offseason doesn't affect me at all.

(I'm 25 guys, don't judge. He's the first Ram I really followed from start to finish)

same here - first jersey and the one ram i will always remember

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
4-12.....the way the team went down....it was inevitable......and I'm embracing the change.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

hh72g.jpg

Go Rams!

In this day and age its hard to follow players and the team the play on for their whole careers. I learned years ago just follow the team. I'm a fan of the player when they're Rams, but once their gone I only have passing interest in their careers.

The moves were inevitable. A lot of these players knew nothing but Fisher's way of coaching. The whole culture has to be changed. His way resulted in a lot of losing. As a Rams fan all I care about is winning. I like a lot of the current players but is someone else can help them win more, I'm fine with letting them go.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Simms. Hayes, Britt and Kendricks were all charter members of the Jeff Fisher "Country Club culture". It was apparent to me at the TC's in Irvine I attended. I hope Roger Saffold gets the hint.