Missouri DE Michael Sam Says He's Gay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Lets be fair, Collins was a journey men NBA player. He was at the end of his career in the NBA. Lets not act like the nba folks put a black flag on him
I completely agree with that. But my point is that whatever chance he had to sign with a new team was killed because if teams were interested, there were other guys that they could sign who were just as talented without the distraction factor.

And that's what's going to hurt Sam. If I had to pick a destiny for him, I'm thinking he'll go undrafted, go to someone's camp as a UDFA, then fail to make the roster due to the "pick the guy who's not a distraction" factor.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This thread should be in OT, IMO. Personally, I think it showed a ton of courage to do what he did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This thread should be in OT, IMO. Personally, I think it showed a ton of courage to do what he did.
It's the lead story on every sports site out there right now though.
Throwing it on the back board here would just appear as though we're homophobes or something. lol.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's the lead story on every sports site out there right now though.
Throwing it on the back board here would just appear as though we're homophobes or something. lol.
Well. Hell, we don't want that. I don't like mixing politics and sports, which is how I look at this. I would have no issues, nor would I make a football decision based on him being gay. It would be a discussion, because it will be a huge PR thing, as it already is. Might be positive or negative PR, or both.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well. Hell, we don't want that. I don't like mixing politics and sports, which is how I look at this. I would have no issues, nor would I make a football decision based on him being gay. It would be a discussion, because it will be a huge PR thing, as it already is. Might be positive or negative PR, or both.
Is he even that good, or a solid prospect in your opinion?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Is he even that good, or a solid prospect in your opinion?
He's a mid round pick, IMO, but is draftable. He's a little undersized to be a 4-3 DE, but not fast enough to be a 3-4 rush backer. He's a tweener. He's a really good, not great football player though, 3rd to 5th, although I heard he slipped since announcing. I don't think it will end up hurting him, I think a team will draft him a little early to try to garner some PR for their team.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Well. Hell, we don't want that. I don't like mixing politics and sports, which is how I look at this.
Unfortunately, they do mix. The whole stadium lease situation we're coming into is going to be very political, especially for Missourans. Whether or not one thinks the Redskins name is political. Whenever an athlete makes a statement about politics, it becomes political.

They can be hard to separate at times.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
FYI... We don't take kindly to political talk round these here parts.

@Boffo97
Fair enough. I'm not big on it either, and feel it only serves to separate us in a board where hopefully most of us are here because we like the Rams.

I'm just saying there is grey area where it's hard to separate politics from sports.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well sports are used as a major distraction of the masses. Sports keeps the peace.